**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S21 Family Thread ****

Soldato
I'm very tempted by these S21 trade in offers on Samsung website. My S7 would get me a £250 trade in.

However I'm just torn between the S21 and S21 Ultra. I don't want a huge phone, so I'm planning on popping up to a shop later to see if I can hold them in my hand (no doubt its a no due to covid). The use of the phone will be normal day to day stuff (browsing, music, whatsapp - maybe even the odd phone call). I do use my current phone for photos of the family and it would be great to capture key moments in decent quality going forward.

That said, is there really that much difference on normal photos between S21 vs S21 Ultra. when I say normal, I mean taking photos which aren't staged, quickly pull out camera and take photos. I'm not going to need to zoom in 10x to get the photo or worried about what a wall pixel looks like when I zoom in.

Is there any other differences between them?

Soldato
Anyone ordered a custom colour recently and received it relatively quickly? Samsung is still quoting 2-4 weeks for the custom colours.
I don't think anything is arriving very fast. I ordered a pretty standard S21, 256GB in Grey - it took over 3 weeks to arrive with me.
My wife took delivery of an S21, 256GB in Violet yesterday - a day shy of three weeks from order.

Soldato
My thoughts on this phone. Picked one off the S21 ultras 128gb from the rainforest place as they had a deal on, due to employee discount it ended up costing me £860 with the £150 deal on my Google account(has been confirmed just waiting for my link), so happy with the price.

Overall opinions over my OnePlus 8pro.
Can't really see much difference with the screen quality , this phone is much brighter outdoors which am happy about.

I think oxygen OS is much better than one UI, and the one plus feels snappier to me even though I had it a year.

Camera is easy , S21 ultra is far better , love the zoom on it very useful.

Speakers the S21 is much louder and doesn't sound as tinny, same with phone calls much louder than the OnePlus.

Prefer the design of the ultra and the the camera array, looks great. Nice to see they have reduced the curved screen also.

Pretty happy with the ultra.

Soldato
Still on the fence myself. I keep drawing myself to the s21 ultra but I’m just not sure if I will adapt to it. Coming from a Apple Ecosystem (iPhone/Mac). I don’t use my Mac to the full potential, well hardly at all in fact.

Before I convert most of my iTunes purchased songs to mp3s I’ve read that Samsung music player app can play AAC files which the purchased music files are. So it should be ok for them to play on an Samsung no?

Soldato
Bought a s21 ultra. Great phone, great screen but far to large for my hands and my iTunes purchased music would play choppy on it even after multiple transfers and deletions.

It’s going back.

Soldato
Ordered the missus a 21+
See if I like it, then possibly order then s21 ultra.
The screen edge looks a bit curved on the ultra, does it make cases which sit proud of the front screen look funny?

Soldato
Anyone get a s21 series when they were offering the £150 play credit. I know it days 30 days but I thought it would be quicker. Just over 2 weeks now, had the confirmation I will get but still waiting for link.

Associate
I had recently (2 weeks ago) bought the phone but only received it a couple days ago. Have raised the claim and got the confirmation that the voucher would be emailed in 30 days. Now to wait I guess.

On a different note, has anyone bought direct from them with the trade in option ? I have not received any information as to how/where to send my old phone. I read somewhere that you are supposed to send it back in 7 days.

Man of Honour
I had recently (2 weeks ago) bought the phone but only received it a couple days ago. Have raised the claim and got the confirmation that the voucher would be emailed in 30 days. Now to wait I guess.

On a different note, has anyone bought direct from them with the trade in option ? I have not received any information as to how/where to send my old phone. I read somewhere that you are supposed to send it back in 7 days.
Took them over the 7 days to get my pack out to me, sent it back SD, took them another few days to confirm receipt and then about 2 or 3 weeks before they confirmed it had been tested and accepted in the end.

Associate
Took them over the 7 days to get my pack out to me, sent it back SD, took them another few days to confirm receipt and then about 2 or 3 weeks before they confirmed it had been tested and accepted in the end.
Wow that long huh.. Guess gives me a bit longer to backup the device etc. Thanks for the info. I wasnt sure what the next steps were so that helps :).

Back
Top Bottom