**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S21 Family Thread ****

Don
For the last couple of weeks I've been having some keyboard issues on my Ultra - I'll tap on a text box or search bar and it won't bring the keyboard up, nor will the back button (but the home button will). The only way to resolve this is to restart the phone but after a few hours to a day it'll happen again and it's driving me nuts now. Any ideas what might be causing this and a possible fix?

Soldato
Picked up a standard S21 to have a more easy phone to have on walks etc over my Fold. My god what a nifty bit of kit, I forgot how light and slim the had gotten, was looking at an S22 but for the life of me I couldn't tell the difference.

Soldato
Got the One UI 4.1 update installed on my S21u. For some reason they have removed the ability to switch between audio device/output from the notification drop down.

I switch between phone/headphones/speaker quite a lot, anyone else noticed this and found an alternative easy way to switch?

Associate
Got the One UI 4.1 update installed on my S21u. For some reason they have removed the ability to switch between audio device/output from the notification drop down.

I switch between phone/headphones/speaker quite a lot, anyone else noticed this and found an alternative easy way to switch?
I can see a long button called "Media Output" under the screen brightness slider. Clicking that gives me output options for my connected devices.

Soldato
For last few weeks started having issues with Youtube app. The picture will freeze with audio playing as normal for a few seconds, sometimes longer and then video will catchup and continue as normal.

Associate
For last few weeks started having issues with Youtube app. The picture will freeze with audio playing as normal for a few seconds, sometimes longer and then video will catchup and continue as normal.
Can't say I've had those issues, sorry.
Are you using the official app?
I'm still running Vanced while it works.

Soldato
Can't say I've had those issues, sorry.
Are you using the official app?
I'm still running Vanced while it works.
Yeah using the official app, never tried anything else.

Applied the latest update and seemed to be OK for a couple videos, but back to freezing again. Will try a few things and see what i can do.

Associate
Managed to nick the edge of the included screen protector when I dropped the phone.
I still haven't removed it yet, but I'm tempted..
Has anyone found a decent plastic screen protector that isn't TPU?

Soldato
Is S21 ultra main cam known to have occasional focus issues?

Had it for a month or so and noticed that shots are quite out of focus sometimes. Fine most of the time and other lenses don't seem to have the problem.

EDIT: so found a fix on reddit, seems knocking the phone against your hand brings focus back to normal, guess IOS gets "sticky" or something

Last edited:
Caporegime
Think I'm going to get an s21u

Never get the latest generation. This is a premature purchase to replace by knackered s20fe.

Hope camera is better.

Back
Top Bottom