**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Soldato
it feels like its a big year for samsung. Android (chinese) rivals are getting better each year and Apple are always going to be pulling in the masses.

No doubt they are getting better but I'm not really sure any of them are really offering flagship devices that can truly match the Galaxy S or iPhone if you're willing to fork out £1k+. Understandably they are going after the volume market which business wise makes perfect sense so that they can gain market share but unfortunately if you want flagship, you're really stuck with one or the other now (in my personal opinion of course). Sony is probably the closest but their weird launches are annoying plus I'm not a big lover of the screen aspect ratio they use - again I know some people like this.

The ideal for me would be for Google to come and release a bigger screened, all singing all dancing "Pixel Pro" type device for bigger money but again they want the volume and to compete against the likes of OnePlus and Xiaomi.

If it wasn't for the Google issue, I think I'd be tempted by a Huawei Pro now/P50 when they release this year - they seem to get rave reviews but lack of Google services makes it a none-starter for me.

I own the s20 Ultra and am due an upgrade. I do feel concerned about if there will be enough stock due to component shortages and is it actually worth bothering updating anyway? I read the Ultra is to be like a Note now which is kind of interesting but I cant really see myself bothering with a stylus much after the novelty wears off. I felt like the s20 Ultra was overpriced. I almost never used the x100 camera as it looked so crappy. Then I used it the other day for the first time in a year or so and it seems they have improved the quality. Maybe I should just end my contract and go on Giff Gaff.

Soldato
Now, Samsung has almost confirmed that information and revealed that it will hold its next Galaxy Unpacked event in February 2022

ttps://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s22-launch-february-2022-confirmed/

"the most noteworthy S series device" Samsung has ever made

"the next generation of Galaxy S is here, bringing together the greatest experiences of our Samsung Galaxy into one ultimate device".

script>

Last edited:
Soldato
I been a Samsung mobile phone user for many years now starting from the S3,
But am really thinking of changing to apple this time mainly due to they support there mobile phones with major updates for far longer

A family member has an old iphone 6s which was released in 2015 and apple still supported it with there latest major update
Samsung doesn't even support major updates for my Samsung Note 9 which was released in 2018

Last edited:
Soldato
Isn't the whole Exynos/Snapdragon down to a patent dispute? We have to have Exynos in Europe for Samsung to avoid millions in royalties?
I've reached the stage where pretty much any CPU will do me day to day, I tend to choose a phone for the camera now. My last phone was the S20 ultra which I returned 2 weeks later and bought a Sony, my contract is up next month so I'm watching what Samsung do with interest

Associate
I been a Samsung mobile phone user for many years now starting from the S3,
But am really thinking of changing to apple this time mainly due to they support there mobile phones with major updates for far longer

A family member has an old iphone 6s which was released in 2015 and apple still supported it with there latest major update
Samsung doesn't even support major updates for my Samsung Note 9 which was released in 2018

Samsung now supports 3 years of OS updates & one extra year of security updates which tbh is more than enough, Apple might offer 5/6 years but usually on year 4, 5 & maybe 6 they miss out on a ton of new iOS features and their phones really start to slow down, so in all honesty 3 years is the optimal for iPhones as well.

Note 9 missed out on the 3 years of OS updates which started with the S10 & Note 10 both of which will get Android 13 as their last OS update then one year more of Security updates.

One last thing don't think the grass is greener with Apple it's not iOS for past couple of years has been a mess with bugs ect, some bugs not even getting fixed & still continue into iOS 15.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
One last thing don't think the grass is greener with Apple it's not iOS for past couple of years has been a mess with bugs ect, some bugs not even getting fixed & still continue into iOS 15.

Bit of a stretch to call iOS a mess. I’ve not had any noticeable bugs for years on iOS. That’s not to say there aren’t bugs but what I have experienced have been superficial or rare.

Last edited:
Soldato
Xclipse 920 vs Adreno 730: Coasting AMD RDNA 2-powered GPU for the Exynos 2200 thrashes the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1's graphics processor in new benchmarks

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xclip...ics-processor-in-new-benchmarks.595019.0.html

The issue is though this is most likely peak performance. Who knows how well it will perform when it thermal throttles after a while. Google's Tensor is the same, leading peak performance, but poor throttled performance. Samsung needs to make sure whatever cooling design the S22 has can keep it under control.

Back
Top Bottom