**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Man of Honour
I'm assuming the bundled apps are similar to those on the S20, if so then these are what I disabled (didn't bother with ADB as the apps are so small and I CBA ADBing after each monthly update etc):

VlsHt9t.png

Not really that much bloat on Samsung phones these days. I am a social media user though so keep FB etc and yeah do watch Netflix and stuff!

Associate
I received two parcels (like some others on here). I saw on the dpd tracking I had two and wondered why. Seems I have two phones now! Will need to contact EE about this.

Associate
I received two parcels (like some others on here). I saw on the dpd tracking I had two and wondered why. Seems I have two phones now! Will need to contact EE about this.
Yep that was what happened to me as well. Not massively happy since I'd already spent a lot of time on the phone upgrading in the first place due to errors on their end, getting kinda tired of dealing with it.

Associate
Yep that was what happened to me as well. Not massively happy since I'd already spent a lot of time on the phone upgrading in the first place due to errors on their end, getting kinda tired of dealing with it.

I wonder if it is because I cancelled my upgrade then reordered. I initially ordered the 128gb as an upgrade (they only had that). Later on the 256gb appeared for the same price (128gb was now cheaper). I rung up and they cancelled the upgrade then added in a new order for the 256gb.

I received the 128gb phone + sim card in one package. The 256gb in the other.

Does anyone know if you need to change sims to go from 4g to 5g properly? I have a 4g sim currently and they sent me a new one so I assume I would need to swap my number to it (as why would they send it then). The phone does say 5g on the network with my current sim.

Soldato
Social media at a minimum I guess.

To be honest was expecting more bloat from earlier comments, doesn't seem that bad. I've uninstalled Facebook, Netflix and a few other bits.

Getting rid of Bixby and a load of Samsung apps would be nice. And Galaxy store, why 2 Sms apps, Samsung free etc etc.

I've not even delved in that deep yet. There'll be hidden services to sucking up juice.

And charging... That peaks @ 30W. Mostly 27 and under. Let's just call the charging system average.

Nowhere near the 45W advertised.

Edit.

Here's a video to finally clear up the charging mess. Seems like only Samsung's new own brand £££ charger will do? The S22U does not play nice with the open standard of PPS.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah eventually it will. Crazy how EE can let this happen though, I only got one email for confirmation of the order.. madness.

The more I think about it the more I think it need to get insurance. I think EE charge £7 a month for accidental damage and loss. I'm normally very careful with my devices but yeah.. Sod's law.

Associate
Wow, left the phone on standby and the battery drained from 96% to 68% in 10 mins.

Looked at the battery stats and audible has used 56% battery in 10 mins

Soldato
Social media at a minimum I guess.

To be honest was expecting more bloat from earlier comments, doesn't seem that bad. I've uninstalled Facebook, Netflix and a few other bits.
Cheers!
I'm assuming the bundled apps are similar to those on the S20, if so then these are what I disabled (didn't bother with ADB as the apps are so small and I CBA ADBing after each monthly update etc):

Not really that much bloat on Samsung phones these days. I am a social media user though so keep FB etc and yeah do watch Netflix and stuff!
Never adb'd before... Are you saying the stuff I just disabled, I'll have to disable again after each monthly update comes from Samsung?

If yes, does "uninstall" make any difference to disable in that regard? Or will the monthly update still replace the items?

Frustrating if so
Getting rid of Bixby and a load of Samsung apps would be nice. And Galaxy store, why 2 Sms apps, Samsung free etc etc.

I've not even delved in that deep yet. There'll be hidden services to sucking up juice.

And charging... That peaks @ 30W. Mostly 27 and under. Let's just call the charging system average.

Nowhere near the 45W advertised.

Edit.

Here's a video to finally clear up the charging mess. Seems like only Samsung's new own brand £££ charger will do? The S22U does not play nice with the open standard of PPS.

Yeah I got rid of bixby and some Samsung crap

Man of Honour
Does anyone know if you need to change sims to go from 4g to 5g properly? I have a 4g sim currently and they sent me a new one so I assume I would need to swap my number to it (as why would they send it then). The phone does say 5g on the network with my current sim.

If your phone supports 5G, and your 4G SIM is on a network that has 5G, then you will get 5G, but I advise keeping the network mode set to 4G because the 5G rollout is nowhere near to the level of 4G yet and 5G actually drains the battery much faster than 4G because of this. In a few years when 5G masts are about as common as 4G, that will change but for now 5G will drain your battery more and put more stress on your phone's radios as they will be regularly hopping between 4G and 5G networks as the phone swtches from signal strengths etc.

It's not like the latency etc currently is any better than 4G anyway and 4G download speeds can easily hit near 500Mbps as I've found in most cities.

Change to 4G only via Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Mode

And Galaxy store

Galaxy store is required to update Samsung apps. If you get rid of it you will remain on outdated system apps.... So do not remove Galaxy store.

I don't even use Bixby but Bixby Routines are very useful. They do stuff other apps cannot, or require complex setup like Tasker. I have Hotspot that automatically turns on when my car's bluetooth connects for example, then any time a charger is connected then AOD is enabled so I can glance at the time and notifications on the AOD as it sits on the charging pad in car or on desk. AOD goes off soon as charging stops. There are other custom routines people set up for various useful things/locations etc. You don't ' have to actually ever see Bixby itself to use Routines which is the nice part about it all.

Associate
A hairy boy portrait.

1lJk0X.jpg
Nice pic, one of the main reasons I'm upgrading to this phone.

Back
Top Bottom