**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Associate
My S22 ultra arrived yesterday. I've upgraded from the S20+

Now I always have my phone in vibrate and that is the biggest disappointment so far the vibration intensity compared to my S20 is so weak I am missing notifications cause of it.

This could be a deal breaker may have to return it.

nam

nam

Soldato
just recieved my S22u 512gb , no packet for sending back trade-in , called Samsung who apologised and said they would send a packet out. Must be the same for everyone .?

Man of Honour
just recieved my S22u 512gb , no packet for sending back trade-in , called Samsung who apologised and said they would send a packet out. Must be the same for everyone .?
Some people got theirs in the box.

Previous releases they've sent them out separately a week or 2 later so it looks like they may be in the process of switching to sending them out with the phone and they're missing some orders.

Associate
Ouch, pretty scathing from XDA on the Exynos S22 Ultra. I was seriously thinking about pre-ordering, but was mainly hoping for a significiant improvement in battery life over the S21U. With many reviews highlighting poor battery performance year-on-year that's a red flag for me. However, will give it a few months to see if software improves things.

He must have a faulty unit. Mine has none of those problems. Either that or he's a an apple fan boi.

Soldato
He must have a faulty unit. Mine has none of those problems. Either that or he's a an apple fan boi.

Depends which device you're coming from but I do notice that its not as fluid or what i'm used too. There is a slight choppiness when scrolling in some apps and Spotify does take that long to open initially but once opened and stored memory no issues.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
What refresh rate is the choppiness at btw? 120Hz or 60? Or is it at adaptive? If the latter then I would bet that is what it is. Adaptive algo might need optimising which I'm sure Samsung will do. I would be inclined to force it to 90Hz. I much prefer 90 on the S20 as it's as smooth as 120Hz without the battery sacrifice I've found.

Although not sure how a fixed refresh rate would play ball on an LTPO 2.0 display as it is supposed to drop to 1Hz when only static images are displaying on the screen. Maybe it still does this anyway regardless of what refresh rate you set as it's a baked in function of an LTPO 2 display.

You could test this actually by enabling show refresh rate in developer options and just seeing what it shows when only text is displayed on the screen I guess.

Associate
Depends which device you're coming from but I do notice that its not as fluid or what i'm used too. There is a slight choppiness when scrolling in some apps and Spotify does take that long to open initially but once opened and stored memory no issues.

I have a Pixel 6 Pro, On The S22 Ultra scrolling on Twitter is a bit choppy.

I am sure Samsung will iron out any problems over the next few updates.

People have only had the device since Monday & they are already condemning it. Not a dig at you Smokedog

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Heads up for anyone still thinking about getting one, if you livechat on the Samsung site and ask random buying questions then make it sound like you are about to buy one but not sure, they will offer you some freebies like official cases etc.

Soldato
What refresh rate is the choppiness at btw? 120Hz or 60? Or is it at adaptive? If the latter then I would bet that is what it is. Adaptive algo might need optimising which I'm sure Samsung will do. I would be inclined to force it to 90Hz. I much prefer 90 on the S20 as it's as smooth as 120Hz without the battery sacrifice I've found.

Although not sure how a fixed refresh rate would play ball on an LTPO 2.0 display as it is supposed to drop to 1Hz when only static images are displaying on the screen. Maybe it still does this anyway regardless of what refresh rate you set as it's a baked in function of an LTPO 2 display.

You could test this actually by enabling show refresh rate in developer options and just seeing what it shows when only text is displayed on the screen I guess.

120, 60 and 24hz are the only refresh rates that are shown. Not ever seen anything below 24hz as mentioned yesterday. Samsung upto their tricks again?

Associate
My S22 ultra arrived yesterday. I've upgraded from the S20+

Now I always have my phone in vibrate and that is the biggest disappointment so far the vibration intensity compared to my S20 is so weak I am missing notifications cause of it.

This could be a deal breaker may have to return it.

According to the MKB review the axis of the vibration motor has changed from Z to X, making it a bit weaker in general compared to others. I for one would welcome that to be fair, the I found the vibration in most newer phones to be rather intrusive even if turning it down!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hmm it's supposed to drop ot 1Hz if there's static images on screen only, the S21 Ultra was 10Hz - That was supposed to be one area where battery gains are made so I'm guessing the adaptive rates are due for some tuning by Samsung if it's not dropping below 24Hz.

90Hz can be enabled via ADB or the Galaxy S20 refresh rate app and just enabling the quick panels toggle for it. I suspect it still works on the S22 as it works on the S21 too.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/proje...efresh-rate-control-1-0-android-apk-download/

Associate
Can you show us the list of the apps you removed via adb. I have removed a few but not too sure how far to go without causing problems on the phone.

First thing out was all the facebook crap.

Cheers
Here is a great list of apps, ones that are safe and ones never to remove. Please note even though some are safe they may remove functionality you use.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12jEGQftFUL3vAI03X0Ku1LgoWFQKdwPA_WHuLh_2ics/edit#gid=0

Samsung just accepted my s21 Ultra tradein I returned so that's all done dusted.

Really enjoying the phone , think the PIxel 6 pro will be going on ebay

Associate
Has anyone picked up the S22 Plus? I'm interested in your thoughts as it might be a better bet for me than the S22U (too big/heavy, poor battery, no need for s-pen etc).

Associate
I might install from scratch this time when my phone arrives, I've done smart switch for the last few phones so I'll mix it up this time.

Today I called in to see a friend who has just received his S22 Ultra and he's having major issues, his phone rebooted 3 times while I was there in just 10 -15 minutes!
He's been getting the usual frustrating lags also.
His phone is from EE so I'm not sure if they use their own software or unlocked software. Samsung are now releasing a firmware update, don't think it's in the UK yet but I'm sure it won't be long.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom