**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
All PPS chargers will show the rate output on the back, can anyone with the Samsung 45W post a pic of the back of their charger showing the rates and maybe you could see if the PPS rate range matches up with the OnePLus one? They are PPS so have to abide by a standard, so I imagine if there is any diff then it's the rate range being slightly different otherwise cannot see why it would not show 2.0 :/

A bit naughty of Samsung to go all PPS but then actually not support PPS.

Soldato
All PPS chargers @45W will have the same voltage and current range. I'm guessing Samsung has added a proprietary verification layer for 2.0 charging.

A few quid more would have you got a better USB 3 spec cable for fast charging and data.

GodSpin USB-C to USB-C Cable (20Gbps) SuperSpeed [Certified] USB Type-C to USB Type-C, 100W Power (USB 3.1 & 3.2) Nylon Braided, Dual 4k or Single 5k @60hz Display (6.6ft/20Gbps) https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KX...t_i_4EX7QRP6YH3X21WG1YAG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I have a USB 3.2 Gen 2 cable solely for data when connecting to the PC and running FreeFileSync to backup internal/SD card already so no need for that :D

Just needed the one charging only cable so it's all good.

Associate
I bought a Samsung travel adapter - wasn't expecting much after all the talk in here but it did the super fast charging 2.0 thing and halved my charge time over the OnePlus charger I plugged in first.

"Samsung FREE" app, is useless. Thought I'd see what the Samsung bloat is like (not had a Sammy since 2012) and this was awful, plays audio only, black screen and CAN'T BE UNINSTALLED OR DISABLED. FFS...

Guess thats a s22 bug as free works fine on my Note 10+ 5G

Man of Honour
I had the same thing. I have an S22U and a Tab S8U on order, both due to be delivered today but now had an email for both saying 11th March. I've seen others say the same thing too.

I suspect they don't actually know when any of these orders will ship, so everyone with a missed delivery date today has just had an automated email with 2 weeks added on and they hope that will be long enough to ship the outstanding orders. But when you'll actually get it remains something of a mystery.

Mines not so bad, delayed till 28th March

Associate
All PPS chargers @45W will have the same voltage and current range

Unfortunately, that is where you have misunderstood the specification. There is no requirement what-so-ever that two 45 W devices support the same range at all. In the case of the Oneplus charger that is indeed the problem.

The phone wants 10 V @ 4.5 A (45 W). The Oneplus 8T charger in PPS mode does 3.3-16.0 V @ 3 A (45 W Max). So at 10 V it does 30 W because it has a 3 A limit regardless.

Considering Oneplus will happily put 6.5 A out via their proprietary standard, maybe the question should be why they limit it to 3 A in PPS mode?

It's the same deal with the other chargers mentioned in this thread too. Most are only 2.5-3.5 A.

Soldato
Unfortunately, that is where you have misunderstood the specification. There is no requirement what-so-ever that two 45 W devices support the same range at all. In the case of the Oneplus charger that is indeed the problem.

The phone wants 10 V @ 4.5 A (45 W). The Oneplus 8T charger in PPS mode does 3.3-16.0 V @ 3 A (45 W Max). So at 10 V it does 30 W because it has a 3 A limit regardless.

Considering Oneplus will happily put 6.5 A out via their proprietary standard, maybe the question should be why they limit it to 3 A in PPS mode?

It's the same deal with the other chargers mentioned in this thread too. Most are only 2.5-3.5 A.
Samsung
Output Current (Max, Fast Charge)
PDO : 3A(9V, 15V), 2.25A(20V) / PPS : 4.05A(3.3-11.0V) or 2.8A(3.3-16.0V) or 2.1A(3.3-21.0V)

Spigen
Up to 45W(5.0V=3.0A, 9.0V=3.0A, 15.0V=3.0A, 20.0V=2.25A, 3.3V-11.0V=3.5A, 3.3V-16.0V=3.0A)

Your right though it wants it @11V and 4.05A and the spigen tops out @ 3.5 A.

However we should still see the max 3.5A @11V being drawn but it doesn't.

We'll have to wait for the new official charger to see exactly how much power is used.

Soldato
Looks like the S22 Ultra needs more than 10V for "Super Fast Charging 2.0" so PPS [email protected], PDO [email protected]

EP-T4510XBEGGB
    • Output Voltage (Max, Fast Charge)PDO : 9 V, 15 V, 20 V / PPS : 3.3-21.0 V
    • Output Current (Max, Normal Charge)3 A
    • Output Current (Max, Fast Charge)PDO : 3 A(9 V, 15 V), 2.25 A(20 V) / PPS : 4.05 A(3.3-11.0 V), 2.8 A(3.3-16.0 V), 2.1 A(3.3-21.0 V)
BTW, older Samsung EP-TA845 has a similar spec.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have to say, whilst some online critics hate the back design with those Jumping Spider eyeball lenses, I think it looks so refined and quite possibly one of the nicest modern phone backs out there. IT has its own thing about it if that makes sense? You instantly know it's an S22 Ultra, there's no guessing whether it's a + or other Galaxy as the rest follow the same look between them.

Makes perfect sense and totally agree, I love the simple, elegant yet immediately identifiable design.
The thing I would change is I wish they had made the rear glass textured or frosted because for us caseless peeps it just slips off the armchair, desk etc when its down hence the rear skin.

Associate
Makes perfect sense and totally agree, I love the simple, elegant yet immediately identifiable design.
The thing I would change is I wish they had made the rear glass textured or frosted because for us caseless peeps it just slips off the armchair, desk etc when its down hence the rear skin.

Agreed, one of the best phone designs I've seen in years, love the green colour also.

Loving mine so far and zero complaints, I've tuned mine using ADB and use nove launcher plus restricted background use of a lot of app. Close to 8 hour SOT. Very impressed

Associate
Got my 256GB Ultra yesterday morning set mine up from new rather than use Smart Switch, everything updated fine no crashes, lockups ect & no noticeable lag that some have been complaining about, feel just as smooth as my S21 Ultra did tbh & battery seem to be good to no major battery drain.

Soldato
Charged mine to 80% and within an hour it's already lost 9%. I'd say 50/50 use in that hour.

What's going on with these batteries/phone to lose so much so quick?

Associate
Agreed, one of the best phone designs I've seen in years, love the green colour also.

Loving mine so far and zero complaints, I've tuned mine using ADB and use nove launcher plus restricted background use of a lot of app. Close to 8 hour SOT. Very impressed

Got my 256GB Ultra yesterday morning set mine up from new rather than use Smart Switch, everything updated fine no crashes, lockups ect & no noticeable lag that some have been complaining about, feel just as smooth as my S21 Ultra did tbh & battery seem to be good to no major battery drain.

Glad to see some people are enjoying their phones, I am waiting on one of the exclusive colours so it's interesting to read peoples thoughts and generally there are a lot of negative vibes around.

Soldato
Factory reset and a fresh install ( which seemed to hang on some stages ) seems to have resolved some of the lag issues but it's still notoceable. I've also had a horizontal line appear on mine when using the finger print reader, screen lock, trying to pinpoint it down to under what circumstances it occurs because at the moment it's quite inconsistent.

Huawei 65w charger I picked up for £12 during their sale makes super charging kick in, full charge from 26% in 36mins. Regular use is a good way to shorten your battery life though I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom