**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Yeah I've seen apparently the 45W isn't all that much faster overall!
Had a quick look at chargers on Amazon, there is 65W dual USB C GaN charger from UGREEN for £31.99 less 5% off...

Just remember it has to be PPS PD standard, not just plain PD, for the S22 for Super Fast Charging to engage.

And if you want the up to 45W it has to be able to do about 4.5 A.

Associate
Just remember it has to be PPS PD standard, not just plain PD, for the S22 for Super Fast Charging to engage.

And if you want the up to 45W it has to be able to do about 4.5 A.

This one...
UGREEN 65W USB C Charger Plug 2-Port GaN Type C Fast Wall Power Adapter Compatible with Macbook Pro/Air, iPhone 13, iPad Air/Mini 6, Galaxy S22/S21, Pixel 6, Dell XPS, Asus Acer Laptop etc https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08CDDS...t_i_F04J2BPS0DS0XA975QF6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Appears to support PD 3.0 and PPS. Any idea if it supports the specific voltage and current the S22 Ultra requires? :)

Soldato
This one...
UGREEN 65W USB C Charger Plug 2-Port GaN Type C Fast Wall Power Adapter Compatible with Macbook Pro/Air, iPhone 13, iPad Air/Mini 6, Galaxy S22/S21, Pixel 6, Dell XPS, Asus Acer Laptop etc https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08CDDS...t_i_F04J2BPS0DS0XA975QF6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Appears to support PD 3.0 and PPS. Any idea if it supports the specific voltage and current the S22 Ultra requires? :)

I had a quick search and can't see the full output specs. Can't even find the charger on the ugreen official site. At the very least it'll do 25W PPS. If you can find some voltage and current specs I'll take a look.

The basics...

The USB C laptop charger offers efficient power output, supports 5V/3A 9V/3A 12V/3A 15V/3A 20V/3.25A with PD 3.0.

All points max @ 3A output not the 4.5A required for 45W PPS for the S22ultra

I believe We're after max 10 to 11V @ 4.5A.

If Samsung would pull their finger out and release the official new 45w charger we'd have concrete information.

Associate
Soldato
I don't do fast charging, just limited 85% over night charging, My 'fast' Samsung 25w charger could get 50% done in 30 mins, on my S21 Ultra if needed. And that's plenty fast enough for my needs :)

Soldato
I use a Bixby routine to not do Fast Charging whilst I'm sleeping, seems to work well!
Though sometimes I don't charge overnight as my car has Fast Wireless Charging and I work from home.

Soldato

Yeah that's the one it's finally in stock. The old 45W Samsung charger had the same specs I believe but isn't really much faster than the 25W.

It touched actual 45W charging for like 2% of the charging range. Some people said the old charger was throttled due to overheating. I don't believe it, just believed that Samsung has limited the power levels themselves.

That's fine with me but Samsung shouldnt be advertising 45W charging when in reality its more like around 30W.

Is there a review out there yet with the new charger. That'll clear up the final speeds.

APW

APW

Associate
Same, Both S22 and Ultra both now in the "Customising" stage. I imagine we will get them before the 10th though as lots of people on reddit got their ones before the delivery date shown.
Mines showing as customising now as well with delivery date on 15th of March.

Got the red 512gb can't wait, my s10 battery is on it's last legs so trade in made complete sense !

Soldato
My online trade-in is complete, I was a little worried it might not pass as there's a few heavy scruffs on the bezel. I initially was planning to buy in store as they offered a much higher trade value due to the extra £250 top up which came to £680...but the store did me dirty.

When you do an in store trade-in they evaluate the condition of the phone and run a series of hardware test to make sure everything is working. After they kept me hanging around the store for over half an hour, they came back with an value for my trade-in...my Fold 2 was worth £40 trade-in. I was annoyed, very annoyed not just because of the insultingly low trade-in value but with the very misleading initial trade-in value. Luckily I didn't wipe my device, I had a feeling it could go south.

Back
Top Bottom