**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Soldato
I tried a iPhone 12 pro for a week between getting rid of my Oneplus 7 pro and buying the S21 Ultra when it was released and it was the notifications that really pushed me over the edge, the setup of them just made no sense coming from Android.
That and the fact some apps like Whatsapp looked like some weird DOS command line version in comparison.
It's a shame as the hardware, battery life and size of them is nice but I've been fully in the cult of Android for at least a decade and can't deal with change in my old age :D
Yeah the notifications thing is just stupid. They have had soooo much time to fix it yet they just seem to have abandoned making them better. "All" they need to do is copy android and voilà but no.... Do have to wonder if it's a limitation of the archaic iOS that's causing them to be as crap as they are.

Soldato
Yeah the notifications thing is just stupid. They have had soooo much time to fix it yet they just seem to have abandoned making them better. "All" they need to do is copy android and voilà but no.... Do have to wonder if it's a limitation of the archaic iOS that's causing them to be as crap as they are.
What better on android notifications

Associate
I used to say the same. but the constant letdown by Samsung of releasing an inferior chipset in the UK. Which not only affects heat/performance. picture taking and picture quality. Watching the various Samsung unpacked events. which are led by snapdragon-equipped phones. So for people who live outside the region where the snapdraggon is shipped to get false hope of what their £1000 + phone is capable of.

In my humble opinion, Samsung should be pulled up its kind of false marketing. Yes, they may be similar or comparable. but not the same. and what is advertised shown at the unpacked events is not the same phone we get in the UK.

The phone should be and perform the same no matter what region you live in.

That is why I jumped ship to try ios for a year.

Just my point of view ofc,

^^This

Soldato
I'm interested in this.
What would you say is better.

The notification system on android has never made sense to me.
When i receive a notification i expect the last one i received to be at the top ie in order you receive them, Android can not do this one simple thing.
Hmm fair comment the "sort chronolically" thing had never crossed my mind til you mentioned it.
That aside... ! Android does notifications better. Grouping, being able to reply within the notification rather than having to open the app, general responding to notifications. iOS's method just feels like it's a half baked addon

Associate
Hmm fair comment the "sort chronolically" thing had never crossed my mind til you mentioned it.
That aside... ! Android does notifications better. Grouping, being able to reply within the notification rather than having to open the app, general responding to notifications. iOS's method just feels like it's a half baked addon

I don`t know how long its been since you last used ios( I am very new to ios). You can do both things you mentioned in ios.

Man of Honour
I got the Tauri screen protector today, came in pack of two and 2 lens protectors too. Have to say the whole package is pretty impressive. The screen protector has a stencil that has 3 holes at the bottom where a little wedge slots into the USB port then the holes fit into it so you perfectly align the screen protector when applying it - Rather genius.

The lens protectors I may not use as don't really want extra glass in front of the lenses adding a layer that could reduce image quality or add light glare but they appear to be good and are tempered glass too.

Link posted earlier but for ref: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09NM5J81Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
Soldato
After a couple of days with the Neo Hybrid case, It's not perfect. The slippery plastic sides I can live with but it has a weird lip at the back of the case towards the bottom, where the textured grip starts. During one handed use it often scrapes against my finger, especially small finger. It's really annoying.

I was just about to order the Liquid Air, but I can see it also has this same lip where the textured grip starts! Well, that's pretty annoying.

Man of Honour
If (big if) I was going to use a case then it would be a Spigen Thin Fit, they look similar to cases I used to have back in the day and add minimal bulk or have weird lips etc. I just cannot bring myself to have a case though on phones that feel/look cool like modern flagships.

I might get one anyway though for using when I'm out doing active stuff like mountain biking as would benefit in those situations.

Man of Honour
It might be worth just grabbing a few cheap cases on Amazon that look like they might have the grip you are after and seeing what they are like in that case? The plus side is if they don't suit then returning is free and super easy with Amazon so apart from a bit of time faffing around trying various cases, you won't be losing out on anything else!

Soldato
I'm on the edge of giving my Ultra back. I'm not gelling with it and for the price I don't think it delivers, especially on battery.

And Nova isn't running as smoothly on it compared to my OnePlus 9 Pro.

Back
Top Bottom