**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Soldato
I'm on the edge of giving my Ultra back. I'm not gelling with it and for the price I don't think it delivers, especially on battery.

And Nova isn't running as smoothly on it compared to my OnePlus 9 Pro.
Come to my shock today 3 mates have returned theirs I didn’t know they had one. Said not worth it. They feel Samsung gone down hill on this round

Man of Honour
I'm on the edge of giving my Ultra back. I'm not gelling with it and for the price I don't think it delivers, especially on battery.

And Nova isn't running as smoothly on it compared to my OnePlus 9 Pro.
I returned mine the day it arrived, although I'm now having the joy of chasing Samsung because they've got no record of it arriving back with them :rolleyes:

Soldato
I bought it using one of the finance options so fingers crossed if they are that useless I can ask them to step in

So did I been in contact with finance company who said we approved you fine but Samsung said I broke their T&C's :eek: and cancelled my order (quite few on Sammy forums had same happen even when buying out right). I have finally got a reference number on Friday after 2 weeks of trying to get 1 to approve my complaint and them acknowledge I have not received my deposit refund.

Last edited:
Today I gave it a proper work out. I fully charged it this morning and then there was a firmware update which I applied. I travelled on public transport a few times and listened to my music and also played some games for a good hour and a half. I have sent a few texts and had a conversation on the phone. I have also used it for web browsing and checking an amazon delivery. I wrote a shopping list with the S pen after realising I had no paper, then realising I had a notepad built into my phone. I took a number of photos of the cats, using the zoom functionality, I took some photos of a load of birds in a tree. All in all a fairly heavy use for me and if I had been using the S20U, the battery would have died. I still have 34% left. I am quite happy with that.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Today I gave it a proper work out. I fully charged it this morning and then there was a firmware update which I applied. I travelled on public transport a few times and listened to my music and also played some games for a good hour and a half. I have sent a few texts and had a conversation on the phone. I have also used it for web browsing and checking an amazon delivery. I wrote a shopping list with the S pen after realising I had no paper, then realising I had a notepad built into my phone. I took a number of photos of the cats, using the zoom functionality, I took some photos of a load of birds in a tree. All in all a fairly heavy use for me and if I had been using the S20U, the battery would have died. I still have 34% left. I am quite happy with that.
Without saying how much screen on time you had, its impossible to say whether 34% is good or bad.

Associate
Looking on Android forums it seems that some of the people who pre ordered exclusive colours across the pond are receiving emails from Samsung saying their order is delayed with no alternative shipment dates.
Fingers crossed over here eh.

Soldato
Looking around the thread concensus is that it's a good phone but not quite worth the price tag, which is understandable when RRP is £100 more than iPhone 13 Pro Max. You do get better pre-order bonuses but still a big wedge to pay even after discounts.

Think I'll just try and nab myself an S21 Ultra, already seen them go under £600 on eBay.

Man of Honour
V happy with mine, no worse than the S21U I had battery wise, but better in almost every other way. Lucky I got one that wasnt glitchy I guess.

APW

APW

Associate
Same battery (life) as 2y old N20U is surely a letdown?

And iphone battery is 9 day less than 22yr old nokia 3310 ...surely a letdown?

Daft argument.
If it's enough for what you need it to do, then that's all that matters and any comparisons are irrelevant.

Plenty of chinese phones last 2-3 days with massive batteries, don't see many people around with them are we.

I think the apple watch is a let down as well being charged daily when my garmin has 15 day battery.

Just because there is a product on the market that has something better, it doesn't make all the other products bad.

Back
Top Bottom