**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Associate
Yes, you need to provide you IMEI if memory serves.
I tried using the EMEI on my invoice but it asks for a screenshot on your S22 lol.

To the people that are having problems with their S22 here, could most of them be because of the exynos chip? Would things be different if you had the SD8 Gen1 chip? I ask because i'm now debating the S22 ultra 256g as a replacement for my note 10+ and we get the Snapdragon here in NZ. I mean, I don't feel like it's necessary to upgrade yet but I feel like i'm missing out on the little upgrades even though the note 10+ is still very capable. Reckon it's worth changing?
To be honest there are good and bad reports about each variant, it's your choice really. Generally the Snapdragon is better on the GPU side but Exynos really haven't got the AMD gpu running sweet yet so it may change.

Soldato
All depends on what phone you are coming from aswell to be fair, but then again with the price of an ultra it should be excellent in every way otherwise just got for a nokia loll

Coming from an S10+ - the trade in values have dropped significantly so I'm glad I brought when I did. Way I look at it now though I've got two options - either delay sending my S10+ as long as possible and then see how it goes - if all else fails return it OR put up with it for a while and then ditch it when iPhone 14 comes out and at least I'll have a more valueble phone to sell against the iPhone.

To the people that are having problems with their S22 here, could most of them be because of the exynos chip? Would things be different if you had the SD8 Gen1 chip? I ask because i'm now debating the S22 ultra 256g as a replacement for my note 10+ and we get the Snapdragon here in NZ. I mean, I don't feel like it's necessary to upgrade yet but I feel like i'm missing out on the little upgrades even though the note 10+ is still very capable. Reckon it's worth changing?

I think a lot of the launch bugs were more directed towards the Exynos - the SD isn't perfect though either.

Associate
Really liking my S22 Ultra so far, getting between 6-8 hours SOT following some tuning and removal of rubbish.

Interestingly I think Android 13 has some big 5g related bugs, I'm seeing the same as I did with the Pixel 6 Pro. I thought it was solely the Pixel.

I'm standing next to a 5g mast and it shows full signal but nothing loads, I then switch of 5g and everything works instantly and loads quickly.

This is the same issues that lots were complaining about including myself on the Pixel 6 Pro.

I've turned it off as I don't need 5g plus it drinks lots of battery

Soldato
Got a white S22 Ultra coming hopefully this week some time, will give me something to play with in isolation :D coming from a GM10+ not sure how much of a difference bar the cameras tbh, time will tell.

Associate
So I've received a notification on my device saying it's going to be locked within 24 hours as the linked trade-in is incomplete.

Despite delivery tracking confirmation showing it arrived in 3rd March.

I'm anticipating this to be a very annoying experience.

:rolleyes:
Any luck in getting it rsolved? I'm in the same boat and the customer service from Samsung is shocking.. being palmed off to the following email : [email protected] which no one reponds to.

Caporegime

Any luck in getting it rsolved? I'm in the same boat and the customer service from Samsung is shocking.. being palmed off to the following email : [email protected] which no one reponds to.

I had an email this morning from [email protected]

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm we are in receipt of your parcel and it is currently awaiting assessment.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Samsung Trade In Team

So we'll see what happens / how long it takes to process.

Soldato
Well Royal Mail have just delivered my S21u back to me even though the tracking says delivered. Samsung support say they think it was refused....I've no idea wtf is going on.
Forutnately I used RMSD and I actually consider myself lucky that I have the S21 back, but this S22u is now getting returned.

With the lock message threat, failed delivery attempt and support being utterly useless there aint now way I'm trusting this process again.
Have used it a few times previously without issue but this time is a bust tbh

Associate
No issues with mine so far, deliberately didn't use smart switch for a full transfer, just my WiFi SSIDs, used the Google account to restore my contacts and the whatsapp backup. Other than that I've reinstalled every other app from the store with a clean slate.

Also haven't had the return pack and got the email about locking the phone yesterday after having received the phone last friday.

Back
Top Bottom