**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

APW

APW

Associate
Red 1Tb, I had the date pushed from 12th to the 24th, but now have just seen a futher update to 28th, so not too bad. Hopefully it comes before my Disneyplus runs out in April :D

The email had no date, so thought it was going to be one of these open ended delays but found that date on my order page.

Hmmm mine still not changed date just says 15/03 and "headed to your country".

Really hope it comes by 25th ..

Man of Honour
My S20 5G randomly restarts on the odd time here and there. Could be 2 months apart, could be 6 months apart, just randomly restarts doing something basic like opening the camera. It happened so randomly that I didn't really care to follow it up really in the near 2 years I had it.

S22 Ultra battery life, have to say I am impressed.

Day 1 (mixed 4G/WiFi):
batterylife_day1.png

Day 6 (mostly WiFi):
batterylife_day6.png

For reference I have 5G turned off but even still, my 5G and 4G in this town can easily exceed 400Mbps down. Home internet is Gigabit but the WiFi is typically around 5-600Mbps where I am in the house from the router for reference to power use vs transfer rates. Network is EE.

Soldato
Finally got on to the live chat - yet another day promised that they'll investigate as to when my device will land despite the date still being set as the 14th :mad:

I would happily accept a delay if like other posters they would send an email advising of at least a new ETA but to not even bother and then provide a sub-standard response isn't good. I've decided if it's not here by the end of the week and they can't provide a new ETA by Friday then I'm cancelling.

Associate
Finally got on to the live chat - yet another day promised that they'll investigate as to when my device will land despite the date still being set as the 14th :mad:

I would happily accept a delay if like other posters they would send an email advising of at least a new ETA but to not even bother and then provide a sub-standard response isn't good. I've decided if it's not here by the end of the week and they can't provide a new ETA by Friday then I'm cancelling.

I'm not sure you'd be any more impressed by being given an ETA. Nearly all the 2 weeks delay emails that get sent out are automated, and the ETA is meaningless. How it works is the system checks for which orders are due that day (or the next) and if they haven't started to be fulfilled people get sent an email with a 2 week delay. The critical factor is that 2 weeks isn't based on any information. The system doesn't know if a batch it due to fulfil your order, or when your device will ship. It's just a generic automatic 2 weeks added on in which they hope some stock turns up.

It's why when you press the online store support they tell you they have no idea when it will ship. That's the real answer, for everybody. Your order will ship whenever it ships, and they won't have a date for you. If they give you one they've just made it up on the spot to get rid of you. You either just have to accept that's how they work or cancel and avoid them in future.

Soldato
I wonder if these delays have been done on purpose due to manufacturing issues? And Samsung have paused shipments while they sort it out?

There seems to be a lot of reports on the Samsung forums about faults which may not be down to just the software. There seems to growing numbers of returns and cancellations :(

I did read that Samsung's chip yields are as low as 60% and that the amd chip had been downclocked from 1.9Ghz to 1.2Ghz due to heat issues.

Who knows :confused:

I don't mind waiting a bit longer, if the end result is a flagship phone in my pocket, but any sign of sub-par performance and it will be going straight back, and certainly before I send my current phone off for trade-in and never see it again!

Soldato
I wonder if these delays have been done on purpose due to manufacturing issues? And Samsung have paused shipments while they sort it out?

There seems to be a lot of reports on the Samsung forums about faults which may not be down to just the software. There seems to growing numbers of returns and cancellations :(

I did read that Samsung's chip yields are as low as 60% and that the amd chip had been downclocked from 1.9Ghz to 1.2Ghz due to heat issues.

Who knows :confused:

I don't mind waiting a bit longer, if the end result is a flagship phone in my pocket, but any sign of sub-par performance and it will be going straight back, and certainly before I send my current phone off for trade-in and never see it again!

The trade in side is my big concern - my S10+ has been a great phone and I'm hesitant to get rid for a sub-standard device like you and then not be able to get it back. On paper it looks great, but more and more users are having issues which Samsung are struggling to fix...this combined with the order issues is beginning to put me off. Maybe it will be this that sends me to the iPhone 14 or a Pixel 7 Pro :confused:

Soldato
Er, what issues? I have not had a single problem with it since i took delivery. It's been one of the best upgrade experiences I have had in years. Everything just works.

I hope your experience is the norm, but there seems to be more and more complaints with common issues being:

Screen glitch, I think is fixed, not sure about the blank screen while scrolling.

GPS stops working and needs a reboot to get working again.

GSM call drop outs, people having to set the device to 2G just to receive calls. This has been tested next to a S21Ultra using the same SIM card. Lots of people seem to have this issue

One UI, crashing.

Camera, crashing.

These are off the top of my head.

Have a look on the Samsung S22 forums.

I'm crossing my fingers that when mine arrives it's got none of the above problems, as I'm a bit of a power user and need everything working correctly.

Associate
Been testing Samsung Expert Raw for the camera and the results are stunning, colour more accurate and the details in the RAW images are brilliant, I also have an Adobe sub so have it set to edit in Lightroom.

Highly recommend people test this.

As I use Nova Launcher, have Expert Raw set up to open when I double tap the screen, normal camera opens when I double tap the power button.

Really enjoying the phone, best phone I've owned and I've pretty much owned all the recent top end Android phones including the Pixel 6 pro and S21 ultra .

Battery life is great, display is great as is the camera .

My only wish is Samsung would make colours more accurate in the camera (expert raw solves some of this), also offer another colour profile. Vivid is far too Saturated, Normal is too far the other way.

You can set to Android defaults with ADB which I will probably do

Soldato
I used Expert Raw on my S21 Ultra, downloaded it from xda when it first came out.
Excellent photos and loved the proper manual control over the individual lenses.
Shots were a bit slower but the results were great.

Associate
I hope your experience is the norm, but there seems to be more and more complaints with common issues being:

Screen glitch, I think is fixed, not sure about the blank screen while scrolling.

Had mine since launch and not encountered hardly any of these,

GPS stops working and needs a reboot to get working again.

GSM call drop outs, people having to set the device to 2G just to receive calls. This has been tested next to a S21Ultra using the same SIM card. Lots of people seem to have this issue

One UI, crashing.

Camera, crashing.

These are off the top of my head.

Have a look on the Samsung S22 forums.

I'm crossing my fingers that when mine arrives it's got none of the above problems, as I'm a bit of a power user and need everything working correctly.

Had mine since launch and not experienced hardly any of these, seems pretty stable to me.

Do have the odd issue with the fingerprint reader not rendering and the phone hanging for 5-20secs. Happens once a day max, is a known issue .

I use Nova launcher so that may explain why my experience has been okay

Back
Top Bottom