**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Associate
Almost every phone I've had has been black with a black case, I'm not too fussed about the colour to be honest I just wanted something a bit different. All colours were showing as '7 days' when I checked last night so I'm still hopeful it's here next week. If there was a month delay EE should surely know about it? Wasn't aware there was a stock shortage until reading this thread.

I had a month's delay ordering my iPhone 13 pro max graphite 1tb. from EE. Which then turned into a 6 week wait. It's not just a Samsung problem.
There is a major chip shortage for one and EE is one of the most popular mobile suppliers in the UK. Also combine that with a popular phone brand.

I know people who ordered there's direct from Samsung had delays. I know a couple of people who ordered through 3 had to wait 2 weeks(from preorder). And there was a couple of friends of friends who ordered there's from Vodaphone and had zero waits.

You do know EE is one of the few companies you can actually ring up and complain about your phone taking so long and they will give you money off your contract. because of the wait even though it's not their fault.

For example, i phoned to complain about my phone taking so long. They gave me a free month of my contract. So it is worth giving them a ring.

Associate
Almost every phone I've had has been black with a black case, I'm not too fussed about the colour to be honest I just wanted something a bit different. All colours were showing as '7 days' when I checked last night so I'm still hopeful it's here next week. If there was a month delay EE should surely know about it? Wasn't aware there was a stock shortage until reading this thread.

Fairfield enough. I think the burgundy phone will look great, it's just the Spigen case I found a bit average looking. I'd go clear case if I had something other than black. Still, the case does feel very well built and will protect your phone well no doubt!

Soldato
You do know EE is one of the few companies you can actually ring up and complain about your phone taking so long and they will give you money off your contract. because of the wait even though it's not their fault.

For example, i phoned to complain about my phone taking so long. They gave me a free month of my contract. So it is worth giving them a ring.

Oh I'm fully aware of EE being VERY reasonable, they're already honouring a misprice for the s22 ultra which an advisor gave me in the online chat. I've not been told of any delays but mines not due anyway for a few days yet. I'll give it until next week and see what happens.

Associate
Oh I'm fully aware of EE being VERY reasonable, they're already honouring a misprice for the s22 ultra which an advisor gave me in the online chat. I've not been told of any delays but mines not due anyway for a few days yet. I'll give it until next week and see what happens.

i think we ordered the same time, you went for burgundy if I’m correct and 256GB. When I ordered it said usually despatched within 14 days it now says 7 this is working days weekends not included.

i keep looking in the EE website as I’m off is week and would like a play around with the phone and get to know how to use all the features etc but I can live with it as my s20 plus still works despite screen having hairline cracks etc

i looked at all the other providers to see if they had any stock and they all said delivered in April unless you go for 512GB then 02 can send you it and you receive it next day.
I’m pretty sure Samsung will allow you to order with them but you will also have to wait if you order with them. I want it now or this week at least but the demand is high, shortage of chips doesn’t help either. I just wanted to give you a heads up. Hopefully we will receive it by end of next week but I have seen people that ordered in February with EE and Samsung and have still not yet received their phone

APW

APW

Associate

I spoke to EE as I was getting impatient with Samsung about a week ago and they quoted "up to 1 month wait currently, with no ETA".

OMG OMG OMG OMG
PREPARING DISPATCH!
256GB RED!

There is a track button!
Caps totally deserved IMHO!

Lets hope we get them soon. My Red 512 is in same position but it's still stuck at "headed to your country" as it's been for past two weeks.

Will give it another week and then might pull it as it will be approaching 2 months wait almost :cry:

Associate
Does yours say preparing dispatch or processing?
If the former then yours has progressed to the same as mine and we could be looking at tomorrow!

Truth be told, I'd actually logged into Samsung to cancel my order as I didn't feel like waiting any longer and my Pixel 6 Pro is fine! But seeing as it's apparently on its way to DPD!

Still feel I should have got 512 but I'm using less than 60GB on my P6P so I don't really need it...

Soldato
If the former then yours has progressed to the same as mine and we could be looking at tomorrow!

Truth be told, I'd actually logged into Samsung to cancel my order as I didn't feel like waiting any longer and my Pixel 6 Pro is fine! But seeing as it's apparently on its way to DPD!

Still feel I should have got 512 but I'm using less than 60GB on my P6P so I don't really need it...
Contradicting yourself with that last statement :p

Associate
Contradicting yourself with that last statement :p

:cry::cry:

Always a worry you'll somehow need more! But I don't game on my phone, and I store my photos in the cloud, and don't store music locally.

I think it's the price difference between 256 and 512 being so small too! In the grand scheme of things, £75 isn't much extra on top of £1249!

I did ask Samsung about changing it weeks ago while chasing for an update and was told I'd have to cancel and reorder. It'll be fine! :cry:

Associate
I think 256gb is fine if your only using 60gb now, I'm only using around 80gb since I got my Note 20 ultra in August 2020 so I'm fine with that , also generally the trade in prices are much the same for 256 and 512

To answer your question, yeah my status is preparing dispatch, yipeeeee

APW

APW

Associate

It's "preparing dispatch" as well but the tracking doesn't exist (when you check it, says number is invalid) so we'll just have to wait and see. I've not had a single email from them either since the initial order but hopefully we'll get some sort of update in the next few days.

Soldato
If its anything like how my Graphite turned up, that invalid link will stay that way until the morning of delivery. I think it must be a place holder or something.
Without warning I just got an email saying its arriving today (last week obviously) and that was it!

Associate
I ordered the S22 Ultra in black 256GB earlier today thinking it had an expandable SD slot, but thanks to this topic I realised it didn't.

Honestly I doubt I'll use much more than 256 and I do think 256 is just fine for most all users, but I currently have a 128GB S10+ with 256GB SD card so I didn't want to go lower.

One quick phone call to EE just now and they cancelled my order and offered me the 512 Ultra as well a Galaxy smart watch basically thrown in for only £5 per month more than the 256 Ultra alone. Plus qualifies for the free earbuds after 14 days.

A way better deal than was on the website, can't fault EE's service, so may be worth calling them too, the Smartwatch deal was just too good to miss, an extra £1.25 per month compared to not getting one at all.

Associate
Half tempted to go with Samsung as I think they have the s22 ultra in stock and will give me £250 for my phone deosite hairline cracks on my screen

Associate
I'm pretty sure the Samsung direct store doesn't have any S22 Ultras in stock. It's possible a less popular model may ship quickly (say, a 128 GB in black), but the larger capacities and popular colours aren't currently shipping quickly.

Associate
I ordered the S22 Ultra in black 256GB earlier today thinking it had an expandable SD slot, but thanks to this topic I realised it didn't.

Honestly I doubt I'll use much more than 256 and I do think 256 is just fine for most all users, but I currently have a 128GB S10+ with 256GB SD card so I didn't want to go lower.

One quick phone call to EE just now and they cancelled my order and offered me the 512 Ultra as well a Galaxy smart watch basically thrown in for only £5 per month more than the 256 Ultra alone. Plus qualifies for the free earbuds after 14 days.

A way better deal than was on the website, can't fault EE's service, so may be worth calling them too, the Smartwatch deal was just too good to miss, an extra £1.25 per month compared to not getting one at all.

That's a great deal. I already got 20% off so paying £63 a month without trade in so not sure I can do much better to be honest that's on the 256gb version

Associate
I'm pretty sure the Samsung direct store doesn't have any S22 Ultras in stock. It's possible a less popular model may ship quickly (say, a 128 GB in black), but the larger capacities and popular colours aren't currently shipping quickly.

Thank you. I looked on their website and says 256 in stock however when speaking to someone online he said couldn't guarantee me i would get it this week but if I ordered it I would be shown a delivery date

Associate
Yeah it's a good deal but I think your £63 is a good deal too for the 256GB which is still a lot of storage, (assuming you also get the free earbuds? (Apparently you get a text from EE after 14 days with a link to claim them.) I'm not maxing out my 256GB SD card or close to it yet, just nice to have more storage for me on a new phone.

I'm not doing trade in as I keep my old devices for work, so my deal was also £100 up front and is £74.40 or so per month, 24 month contract, £20 more than my old contract, but for a S22 Ultra 512, the Galaxy watch and wireless earbuds, it's a good deal over time. Pay more overall for phone monthly than buying upfront, but it includes data (only 4GB month as mostly all wifi use), unlimited texts and calls. Buying the watch and earbuds separately upfront isn't cheap either, so they do make for a great package deal over time. Been with EE so long now am comfortable with the monthly payment model and upgrades every 2 years.

Looking forward to trying some art packages with the stylus and writing texts using it instead of tiny buttons, free earbuds a huge bonus as well as someone that bought S10+ specifically as the last great phone with 3.5 headphone jack, will still use it for work, but S22 Ultra definitely a massive upgrade from S10+ in multiple areas.

Back
Top Bottom