**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Associate
Be very nice for you of they do but as they've already honoured a deal for the Ultra at Plus pricing. Is the 512GB price you're mentioning also for the 512GB Plus?
The guy on chat misquoted you for the 256 Ultra with Plus pricing so...good luck! :cool::D

Yeah it's giving me a time slot now so I should have it in hand by the time I get in after work:)

Jell, looking to be tomorrow for me!
What you got coming?

Associate
:cry: 256GB is enough for everyone!
No idea what people are keeping on their phones that they need more.
I don't bother keeping all of my photos and videos on my phone, as they need to be backed up in the event the phone dies, gets lost etc. Though I don't tend to delete them over time either, they'll stay until I factory reset, or sell it!
Perhaps living in a cave with no 4G or 5G coverage, and no WiFi, just popping out to update playlists once in a while?!

Soldato
Anyone using the buds they sent?

I'm getting major lip sync issues lag on YouTube.

Not tested on the ultra but another phone. No issues, I actually am impressed by the buds pro.

Clean balanced sound, respond well to EQ. Decent noise cancellation and a good mic for calls. Dinky too.

Soldato
Yep, that includes a 30% friends and family discount which has been on my account for a few years. £81 is the actual monthly cost but adjusted to £71 a month - the price I was quoted when ordering the 256gb model, and then reduced by 30%.

Associate
Nice! Got a good deal there then!

I used to get 40% discount with EE due to working for a third party...I don't get that any more :(

I'd probably bite their hand off at the price you've got it though! I guess I won't be that far off with £165 with £39 a month plus a cheap SIM though! :D

Soldato
Received my order confirmation text and if I click on the link I can see they've put it through as a 'Back-Order'. Does this mean I've not been placed at the back of the queue, does it make any difference at all? Fingers crossed for next week then because the case and screen protectors are all here.

Man of Honour
If you shake your S22 Ultra does it rattle? Mine sounds like its got something loose inside.

ignore, its the zoom lens that rattles. Normal apparently. Something to do with image stabilization.

Last edited:
Associate
Just an update, my delivery today was actually only the watch, but it is a Galaxy Watch 4 with its own phone number though you can pair it with your main one to take calls.

Phoned up EE and my 512GB Black Ultra is going to be another 7 days or so for delivery. Will keep watch in box till S22 ultra arrives as unpairing them from older phone can be a pain on EE's advice.

They 100% confirmed my plan will not get a price increase until April 2023 as I made sure to double check that. New contracts just before this increase are not subject to it - existing contracts are subject to it according the agent.

So still around a week for delivery even on less popular black, green would be 2 weeks, but had white or burgundy ready for next day delivery. In no rush so will stick to the black.

I can definitely see the point in switching up to 512GB during early order process like I did, but 256GB is still a great option as well. Samsung have bought out a new super fast USB C drive for extra storage if ever needed. Likely will pick up one of these as well at some stage.

https://semiconductor.samsung.com/consumer-storage/usb-flash-drive/type-c/

Associate
Just an update, my delivery today was actually only the watch, but it is a Galaxy Watch 4 with its own phone number though you can pair it with your main one to take calls.

Phoned up EE and my 512GB Black Ultra is going to be another 7 days or so for delivery. Will keep watch in box till S22 ultra arrives as unpairing them from older phone can be a pain on EE's advice.

They 100% confirmed my plan will not get a price increase until April 2023 as I made sure to double check that. New contracts just before this increase are not subject to it - existing contracts are subject to it according the agent.

So still around a week for delivery even on less popular black, green would be 2 weeks, but had white or burgundy ready for next day delivery. In no rush so will stick to the black.

I can definitely see the point in switching up to 512GB during early order process like I did, but 256GB is still a great option as well. Samsung have bought out a new super fast USB C drive for extra storage if ever needed. Likely will pick up one of these as well at some stage.

https://semiconductor.samsung.com/consumer-storage/usb-flash-drive/type-c/

So they remove the SD card slot & then sell a usb - c drive separately. Very apple like

Associate
Received my order confirmation text and if I click on the link I can see they've put it through as a 'Back-Order'. Does this mean I've not been placed at the back of the queue, does it make any difference at all? Fingers crossed for next week then because the case and screen protectors are all here.

Back order just means it's not in stock and will need to be ordered in, so you'll have been placed in the queue.

You'll have to wait longer, but if it makes you happy :D

Also if you could all stop banging on about your 512GB models :cry: I regret not going for it, who knows maybe speeds are faster on 512 Vs 256! I'm sure I'll forget all about it once I get my phone though!

Associate
So they remove the SD card slot & then sell a usb - c drive separately. Very apple like

True, but in mitigation it's a lot faster transfer speed than SD slots, I'd still much rather have an SD slot as well.

LadFromWales the 256GB is still great IMO, not like it's a faster phone at 512GB, just basic extra storage that removing the SD has made more tempting.

Associate
Yeah I know, but when I had so much time to think about it after ordering 6 weeks ago it gives you lots of time to overthink it. If it come after days I'd not have even thought about it!

My last phone l, Xperia 5ii, had 128GB storage and mSD slot, never had a card installed!

SD is nice but it's hugely slow compared to UFS 3.1!

Associate
Trying to change my order and go for the 512GB as I’m off work until Monday and be nice to have a play around with it and it’s £5 more a month than I would be paying for 256gb so that’s £68 a month for 512GB unlimited calls, txts and 100Gb data although for £70 I could upgrade every year with the 256GB decisions decisions

Back
Top Bottom