**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Associate
Opening the message is fine just don't press the link.

And add it to your spam list.
Opening the message is fine just don't press the link.

And add it to your spam list.

Thank you. Can't remember if pressed the link thought I just pressed the message which I have now deleted. It just flashed up in red heading and I quickly closed and deleted it. I checked my Web browsers and don't have anything open that shouldn't be open so hopefully everything is OK

I do doubt myself at times. I have to check if I closed door 3 times even though I know I have hopefully I didn't press the link which I didn't think I did

Thanks again for your help. Hopefully I will receive new phone for the weekend but sods law it will arrive Monday when I'm back at work or sometime next week

Soldato
Thank you. Can't remember if pressed the link thought I just pressed the message which I have now deleted. It just flashed up in red heading and I quickly closed and deleted it. I checked my Web browsers and don't have anything open that shouldn't be open so hopefully everything is OK

I do doubt myself at times. I have to check if I closed door 3 times even though I know I have hopefully I didn't press the link which I didn't think I did

Thanks again for your help. Hopefully I will receive new phone for the weekend but sods law it will arrive Monday when I'm back at work or sometime next week

No worries. Main thing is you didn't enter any sensitive information. It's basically a phishing scam.

Soldato
My new order was placed yesterday and it's now showing as dispatched via EE tracking! Yet to hear from dpd but looks like it could be here tomorrow.

Edit: 1 active parcel showing in the DPD app.

Last edited:
Soldato
Evening. The mrs has just had her S22+ delivered. We can’t seem to find a way to hide notifications on the Lock Screen until face unlocked. Can this be done? I can only seem to find an option to disable content altogether but I want to be able to see a preview but only when face unlocked. Thanks! :)

Man of Honour
How is this going for peeps? I've come to the conclusion that it is generally all round excellent and have had none of the issue that people mentioned early on. I'm amazed at the lack of smudges/prints etc on the back panel as well. Mine is still scratch free and the Tauri screen protector has been no issue too.

Overall I am very satisfied.

Soldato
Evening. The mrs has just had her S22+ delivered. We can’t seem to find a way to hide notifications on the Lock Screen until face unlocked. Can this be done? I can only seem to find an option to disable content altogether but I want to be able to see a preview but only when face unlocked. Thanks! :)
That's an apple feature that isn't available on Android.

You can hide notification content and only show the notification type when phone is locked. But requires you unlock phone to read notification.

Soldato
That's an apple feature that isn't available on Android.

You can hide notification content and only show the notification type when phone is locked. But requires you unlock phone to read notification.

I think it's maybe something Samsung don't offer as I was able to do this on my P30 Pro in the exact same manner it works on my 13 Pro Max now

Associate
How is this going for peeps? I've come to the conclusion that it is generally all round excellent and have had none of the issue that people mentioned early on. I'm amazed at the lack of smudges/prints etc on the back panel as well. Mine is still scratch free and the Tauri screen protector has been no issue too.

Early days but since yesterday it's been faultless to be fair. I love the feel of it also but that thing wont get naked unless I'm at home, until then it's in the Protective case! :)

Man of Honour
Good to hear! I am half tempted to take the screen protector off some days as I can't get round the fact that my finger rubs against the edge as I'm swiping in since I have a lot of edge gestures actions set up via One Handed Operations+ Good Lock module and my navbar is gesture based navigation too so everything from an edge. Just don't like how any screen protector has that trait although I think a glass one has nicer rounded off edges for obvious reasons so might be a better option going forwards?

Associate
FYI - The DPD app lets you choose a delivery slot as soon as they collect the parcel from EE. I've chosen tomorrow between 12:00 and 13:00.

strange I ordered last Thursday with EE and was told usually despatched 14 days. I thought fair enough as it’s popular phone and shortage of chips. I rang yesterday to change it to 512GB as saw despatched in 1 day but was told my phone had already been picked.
I saw my sim only has changed to contract as of today despite not receiving the phone yet which is strange and no email sent to say it’s been despatched and I can’t track the order yet as I don’t have an order number only my account under

Associate
Good to hear! I am half tempted to take the screen protector off some days as I can't get round the fact that my finger rubs against the edge as I'm swiping in since I have a lot of edge gestures actions set up via One Handed Operations+ Good Lock module and my navbar is gesture based navigation too so everything from an edge. Just don't like how any screen protector has that trait although I think a glass one has nicer rounded off edges for obvious reasons so might be a better option going forwards?
I have always used a screen protector on my phones until my last phone (Note 20 Ultra) which I ripped off after I caught the corner and it lifted.
Careful examination of the screen around 20 months later is showing a few nasty looking scratches on the curved edge, no idea how they got there either, so the S22 Ultra is definitely having a protector on even though I love using the bare screen.

Associate
strange I ordered last Thursday with EE and was told usually despatched 14 days. I thought fair enough as it’s popular phone and shortage of chips. I rang yesterday to change it to 512GB as saw despatched in 1 day but was told my phone had already been picked.
I saw my sim only has changed to contract as of today despite not receiving the phone yet which is strange and no email sent to say it’s been despatched and I can’t track the order yet as I don’t have an order number only my account under

That is a guarantee your phone will be with your tomorrow. It was the same for me when i got my iPhone Mine did the exact same thing, then the next day in the morning I had txt from dpd to choose my 1 hour slot..

Associate

That is good news. I have got three friends with the s22 ultra. 2 of them have been problem-free one on the other hand has had every single documented problem and at one point was going to launch it out of the window. Until he realized how much the phone was actually costing him.

Back
Top Bottom