**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Associate

I started watching your video and noticed that the controls for the player were being cut off at the bottom of the screen, presumably a side effect of the gesture hints being hidden from the bottom of the screen.
Is it like this for you also?

Watched it through now. You have so many gestures! It does sound like you don't remember them all though! :cry:
I will certainly use a bunch of them for inspiration!

Moving your 'dock' to the bottom icon row to make swiping down on icons easier is a cracking idea!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Those distros won't distro themselves :cool:

controls for the player were being cut off at the bottom of the scree

Hmm not sure I fully understand what you mean by this! Not noticed anything being cut off though have to say.

I set some of those gestures years ago and they just stayed as don't use them often as tend to just use the app switcher or "Samsung Finder" to quickly type the first letter or two to get to an app from any other app via OHO+ edge gesture :D

I'll get round to modifying them to do more frequently used actions however :D

Associate
Using Firefox, clicking your link where it takes me to the site and I click the full screen button, the very bottom of the video and the on screen controls for the video are cut off slightly. Not an issue if the gesture hints are displayed.

Small issue I guess!

Man of Honour
What app are you playing it in, Google Drive?

Looks like your configuration for "full screen apps" that basically doesn't care about the camera cutout at the top isn't set up quite right, when I click full screen playing back the video it's all there. I do have navigation gesture hints hidden in the Samsung settings though yep, but nothing is cut off anywhere:

TBkeGeY.png

^ That's clicking the link and it opening in Google Drive's built in player.

Associate
What app are you playing it in, Google Drive?
^ That's clicking the link and it opening in Google Drive's built in player.

I don't have "open links in apps" enabled in Firefox, so when I click your link, the video plays within the web page, with option to go full screen.
If I then open the Firefox menu and pick open in app, it'll open Drive and play the video there with a UI like seen in your screenshot, with no window clipping.

Try it, disable "open links in apps" in Firefox, and play the video embedded ;)

Man of Honour
Ah I see now, yeah that's your Firefox not configured correctly in Full Screen Apps settings in OneUI. Set it to Show Camera Cutout instead of the App Default which hides it. Now your full screen playback media controls will not be cut off any more. It's an app issue when things get cut off for not knowing what device it is being played on for media etc.

Here's how mine is:

adfntRp.jpg

Soldato
That my friend, is a lot of swiping to remember :D

Makes my basic swiping and edge panels look a bit caveman :D

I do like to have nothing showing on my home screen, no apps, widgets or anything. Just the edge panels handle.

Soldato
That my friend, is a lot of swiping to remember :D

Makes my basic swiping and edge panels look a bit caveman :D

I do like to have nothing showing on my home screen, no apps, widgets or anything. Just the edge panels handle.

I have actual invisible icons on the home screen. Lined up with elements of the wallpaper so I know where they are!

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I saw that earlier today, and gotta say, that and all other 'unbiased' comparisons on YouTube, they are far too close to risk importing one and obviously any headache of a return or warranty claim if needed.
No idea if updates would still be the same in a different region, or if they use the same bands as the UK/ EU.

An interesting comparison, but certainly not worth acting on.

Associate
Liking mine so far! The red is a little disappointing but oh well, I'll see less of them around than the standard colours!

My only main gripe at the moment is the GPS bug which I really hope is fixed via software as I can imagine if it ends up being hardware, will take forever to get a replacement handset!

Not liking screenshots being saved into /DCIM/Screenshots
Google Photos picks them up as Camera and syncs them!

Battery seems ok so far, tracking for around 6 hours SOT which includes use of Google Duo and working in a poor signal area.

@mrk Cheers making that tweak to Firefox in full screen apps fixed the overscanning issue!
I'll look into implementing some of your gestures...or I'll scrap the lot and try Niagara Launcher again! :D

Associate
I opened maps last night while at home, it zoned in specifically where I am, but WiFi was on.
Opened GPS Status app, and it sat there saying Searching for GPS signal, with 0/0 satellites.

Tried toggling the quicksettings location toggle as has been suggested, nothing. Rebooted the phone and opened GPS Status again, lock on over 20 satellites with over 30 found.

Forgot about it, went to work today, opened Google Maps as I was walking to my car and maps just placed me in a huge circle with the centre way off of where I was. GPS Status again, 0/0. Restart phone, back to normal.

I'll guess photos lose specific location but surely it'll pull some from mobile network/WiFi

Kinda frustrating, especially as it appears to work for some people and not others. Also appears to effect Snapdragon varient though I've not seen so many complaints.

I'd have thought that with there being so many people complaining about it, that it is a software issue which will (hopefully!) get fixed very soon.

Soldato
Yeah to me it sounds very much like a software issue, I think along the lines that the gps chip isnt woken from a power saving sleep or something....Thats only a guess. Apart from one occasion, my gps location has always worked. But I use location stuff quite a bit in a day, so I'm wondering if the gps chip never gets put to sleep properly on my phone, so is easily woken back up? Again only a guess on my part.

There has been plenty of user feedback on this gps issue, so I'm certain the next update will have the fix.

Soldato
Managed to test mine out today. Only restarted the device once after first switching it on and doing the update. Put my sim in today and had to go on a 180 mile round trip - Google maps was flawless as always. How are you guys checking how many satellites it's picked up - is it within Google maps or some other app? I'm about halfway through installing my apps I've not transferred anything over I prefer to start fresh. Should be fully up and running by tomorrow where I can factory reset my old device.

Oh and the already great deal I got through EE has turned out to be even better in that they've taken nothing upfront from me? I've been credited back what I paid initially, and not that minus £50. Maybe they'll take it off the first bill though who knows.

Man of Honour
Had a full day out in London Saturday,, exploring taking photos mostly, always on 4G, whatsapp, Instagram and some emails etc too battery survived until I got back to my sister's house and died as I got in the car. So just over 7 hours SoT.

I charged when I got home as wanted to test a full 0-100% time with the nubia 65W charger and clocked 48 minutes to get to 100%. Very impressive. 20 minutes gets you to 50% but I think that was mentioned before anyway.

So wired charging is actually very very good considering it's a 5000mAh battery.

I tried out Expert RAW and got some cool results. the sharpness and clarity is a league above normal photo mode in JPEG, and the RAW created in normal photo mode if you save RAW copies is not stacked, so lacked the same dynamic range of Expert RAW.

0.6x
DNG_zoom_0.6x_2022.03.26_1708-29_00013.jpg

1x
DNG_zoom_1x_2022.03.26_1708-50_00016.jpg

10x
DNG_zoom_10x_2022.03.26_1708-38_00014.jpg

20x (digital)
DNG_zoom_20x_2022.03.26_1708-46_00015.jpg

Associate
That 20x looks pretty good!
I've honestly not messed around with my camera much yet! The 10x is nice to have though, and it looks as though 20x will come in useful when I need it!

EDIT:
Last night on my way home as said in another post, GPS dead.
I went into "Biometrics and Security" and checked for updates for "Google play system update" of which there were a few updates to do, and "System update".

Today now it's been 16 hours since rebooting my phone, opened maps and it's gone straight to where I am. Opened GPS Status app, instant lock with over 40 satellites showing.

Maybe this is the hidden fix!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom