**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Soldato
I ordered a new case

Got any real life pictures? :)

I've cancelled my DBrand Grip case preorder, after early reports say it's not that good and a bit cheap.

It's been years since I last had a clear phone case, but as I've got the Graphite colour I'm going to give one a try and see what happens. Might as well see the nice Graphite colour after waiting weeks for it :D

Ordered the Torras Crystal Clear Case.

Associate
My Disney code has now worked so got 12 months free and galaxy pro buds offer has also been accepted so not a bad deal with £64 a month contract with ee although tempted to stay sim only pay £21 for sim and £35 to Samsung for the phone with option to upgrade every 12 months.
EE customer service has been very good to me to be fair

Loving the phone although had to download swift key. I have been watching you tube videos to get the best out of the phone, features settings etc. I get at least 6 hours of screen time maybe more and if I mess about with settings I can get even more

Soldato
The clear case has arrived, blimey that rainforest place is fast at delivery! :D
It looks good, and its nice to see the Graphite colour. No idea how long the case will stay 'clear' and resist scuffs etc..

heZFiHL.jpeg
psp6aPb.jpeg
O95WxnK.jpeg

Associate
I can get around 8 hours screen time maybe 9 hours, I think that's brilliant. Only negative is the Samsung keyboard although I do like the emojis I think swift key keyboard is more accurate and quicker
I changed somethings in the developer menu to make the menus even quicker and smoother.

Associate
You should try the original Swype keyboard, it was discontinued a few years ago, but it's still available on the play store. It's no nonsense, so might not have all the bells and whistles of the others, but even now I find the Swype feature far superior to GBoard, Samsung, and Swiftkey.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nuance.swype.dtc

I used it before I think its great. I can't remember when I first started using the keyboard but had it when it was first released on Google play. I have had nearly all the S series and notes.
I love how can customise android phones

Associate
Go to software information in settings then click build number 7 times it unlocks develop menu and click force dark mode
Go to drawing and change first 3 animation to 0.5 to give you smoother experience on your phone and quicker

Go to settings network and network mode and change network mode to 4g not 5g unless you're surfing the net etc and can get 5g

I chose dark theme and Facebook, twitter etc I have it on dark background not white and turn adaptive brightness off unless it's really sunny and you're outdoors

Connections then data usage you see apps constantly trying to get data. Turn the apps you don't use to deep sleep and not to use background data

Soldato
Is anyone aware of a way to show/hide system icons (wifi, wifi calling, signal bars, battery etc) in One UI? I want to hide the annoying WiFi calling icon as I just don't care if it's being used or not - it's either working or it isn't.

Associate
Soldato
Ah good to hear, will look out for your post feedback on the glass screen protector too, if you could tag me in that post just incase I miss it that would be great!

The Glass Screen Protector kit arrived a few days ago, but I've just got around to fitting it. I've been putting it off, as the last three I did were messy jobs and no fun. But using the S-Pen today on the TPU film was no joy (I could see the distortion the nib was leaving in the film) So that gave me the push to get the Glass fitted.

I bought the kit I mentioned earlier in this thread (that was in the video), from Amazon, and as good as it is, there are not enough stickers to cover the parts you dont want glue entering. So out came to Sellotape :D The S-Pen got removed....The phone didnt like that and thought it had got lost, bless. :p
The entire bottom got taped, and so did the power/volume buttons.

I tried to tape the earpiece, but the slot is just too skinny, and the glass protector goes right up to it. It wasnt going to happen without making matters worse, so I left it. And with the phone placed in the fitting cradle, the foam insert does a very good job of sealing the earpiece (from what I could see).

Now in the past, there seems to be too much glue in these pipette's and you end up with overspill, and then your playing a game of mop up! And risk the glue seeping into places it shouldn't. So this time I tried not using every last drop of LOCA glue, and left the last few drips in the pipette.

This did a really good job of having zero overspill, BUT..it took 5 minutes and lots of patience not prodding it, to wait for the glue to cover the entire screen. Which it did apart from one tiny bubble at the bottom corner. That, I can live with. :cool:

Couple of minutes of curing, very little if any mop-up, and job done. I've remapped all the fingerprints, and its wonderful having a glossy slick screen again.

Sorry I didnt take, any pictures of the fitting (its just like the video) But this is the end result:

70wmt3p.jpeg
vOOnDC3.jpeg
LsDDseG.jpeg

And with the clear case fitted:

8y9Rzqt.jpeg

Mick

Soldato
@FlyingFish You could probably dab a bit of your left over glue on that corner while the phone is tilted and it will seep into the space. It's what I used to do on the edges when dealing with these awful liquid glue things that always seem to lift when I use them.

Soldato
@FlyingFish You could probably dab a bit of your left over glue on that corner while the phone is tilted and it will seep into the space. It's what I used to do on the edges when dealing with these awful liquid glue things that always seem to lift when I use them.

I thought about it at the time, but the last time I messed around like that it just made matters worse and made more mess! Perhaps my fingers aren't delicate enough :D

With the case fitted I cannot feel any edges of the glass protector, my finger glides straight onto the glass from the cases edge. Smooooth :cool:

Associate
Here are some tips and things I like

I like how you can give people a QR code they can scan with their phone to join your wi fi rather than give them your WiFi code

Clever that you can chose adapt sound tell it how old you are and do hearing test to get best sound for when listening to headphones etc

120HZ and WQD 3088x 1440 is nice rather than having to chose one or the other

Double tap the screen to turn the screen on double tab the screen to turn it off.

Press the stylus button and double tap the screen to write out a note

Video settings bright. Increases the brightness and colours while watching Netflix, video player, prime video, you tube, Disney plus, Google TV etc

Alerts you if you walk away without putting the stylus in its home

Soldato
Here are some tips and things I like

All good stuff m8, are you new to Samsung?

I totally agree with the 120Hz, and the WQHD+ If you've got it, use it :D

Have you tried dual screen apps?
Notification pop-up in a floating window?
Edge panels if you don't use it already, add Smart select as a panel, it's very useful.
The apps panel can have split screen short cuts, and it can also house folders with apps of your choice.

Have a look at some of the Good Lock (app from Samsung store) features and plug-ins that allow you to further customise the stock Samsung UI.

Loads of little tweaks that make this phone fantastic.

Associate
All good stuff m8, are you new to Samsung?

I totally agree with the 120Hz, and the WQHD+ If you've got it, use it :D

Have you tried dual screen apps?
Notification pop-up in a floating window?
Edge panels if you don't use it already, add Smart select as a panel, it's very useful.
The apps panel can have split screen short cuts, and it can also house folders with apps of your choice.

Have a look at some of the Good Lock (app from Samsung store) features and plug-ins that allow you to further customise the stock Samsung UI.

Loads of little tweaks that make this phone fantastic.

I been with Samsung since the first s1 with the removable plastic back it was biggest screen at the time. I had iPhone 3g and iPhone 4 and maybe 4s but then went to android.
I did try iPhone 6 plus for a few months for a change after having android for so many years but quickly went back to android. I had HTC one x for a while too but other than that all Samsung.

I been watching lots of you tube videos to. Get the best out of the phone and stylus and things I'm learning I wrote on here to save you guys the time
Do you use split screen? I have never used it to be honest. Good lock looks good but bit daunting. I have used nova launcher for last few years but left it on stock launcher for now

Soldato
Split screen can come in handy if you need something on screen, while doing something else.
Same goes for pin to screen from the edge panel, very handy for a quick cut n paste and hold on top of other apps.
But you can also run apps in pop up view, straight from the recents button.
I've also got the assistant menu running with a high level of opacity so it's not that visible, it gives the option for instant pull down of notifications with one press, but more importantly it allows you to answer calls, cancel alarms etc without the need to swipe, so just one press does the job.

Back
Top Bottom