**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Associate
Split screen can come in handy if you need something on screen, while doing something else.
Same goes for pin to screen from the edge panel, very handy for a quick cut n paste and hold on top of other apps.
But you can also run apps in pop up view, straight from the recents button.
I've also got the assistant menu running with a high level of opacity so it's not that visible, it gives the option for instant pull down of notifications with one press, but more importantly it allows you to answer calls, cancel alarms etc without the need to swipe, so just one press does the job.

For copy and past I hold my finger on the txt I wish to copy then highlight and copy is there an easier way then lol.
I was going to get s8 ultra at some point but might just use the phone as my tablet and pc as I don't have a pc and have the ipad air 2 which is around 8 years old

Associate
I got my Black S22 Ultra 512 a couple of days back, Smartswitched all my data over and got it in a new case in my usual black wallet style fold over case with rubber enclosure, plus a screen protector.

Annoyingly though the screen protector I bought creates a pixel line of distortion in the middle, definitely not my screen as I pulled the first off to be sure. The 2nd included protector went on even better and the line still persists. Some problem with a batch of them or maybe the whole style. It's one of those you apply from the middle with two pieces that you push out from either side using a included tool, to be fair it leads to perfect application except for this infuriating distortion line. The camera protector that came with it is at least good though.

Will have do for now until getting an official protector, have tried other tempered glass ones on prior curved screens, they can have a tendency to fall off more than soft protectors, but do offer more protection when they're firmly on, so either that or a flexi traditional style that won't have the middle line issue.

Enjoying the stylus, pretty nice for handwriting or drawing adds a lot more functionality to a phone. I was fuming when after setup it switched the Bixby button on from being the dedicated power button, I switched that back as soon as I could, but initially I was getting trying to shut down with Bixby turning itself on instead. Let's just say Bixby heard a few choice words from me until I could switch the power button back to turning power off in settings. Still to set up watch as yet, hopefully will get a lot of use out of its fitness functions.

Soldato
For copy and past I hold my finger on the txt I wish to copy then highlight and copy is there an easier way then lol.

Yeah that works m8, but not everything can be cut n paste. 'Pin to Screen' doesn't care. You can grab anything off the screen, and hold it. Pictures, videos, or text from places that don't allow cut n paste. (Like Facebook). Nice handy feature.

Associate
Yeah that works m8, but not everything can be cut n paste. 'Pin to Screen' doesn't care. You can grab anything off the screen, and hold it. Pictures, videos, or text from places that don't allow cut n paste. (Like Facebook). Nice handy feature.

Thanks mate I will have to have a look at a few apps you suggested. I can copy and paste in Facebook.
I use tweet 2 gif to save gifs but understand you can make your own via the stylus

Soldato
Press the stylus button and double tap the screen to write out a note
When I had note phones I enjoyed being able to just take the pen out with the screen off and it will automatically allow you to start writing a note and then just put the pen back into the phone and it will save the note for you

Associate
When I had note phones I enjoyed being able to just take the pen out with the screen off and it will automatically allow you to start writing a note and then just put the pen back into the phone and it will save the note for you

You can do that too. That's screen write if you want to quickly jot down a phone number etc

Soldato
I've cancelled my DBrand Grip case preorder, after early reports say it's not that good and a bit cheap.

My Grip case arrived today. Feels great, doesn't add much bulk and entirely encloses the camera array like the official cases. I've dumped my Samsung Clearview case for the Grip now.

Associate
I wouldn't mind a thin clear case that encases each camera lens individually like the official cases.
The Ringke fusion matte case is nice, but it probably is more bulky than it can be, and I don't tend to drop my phones! (/me touches wood)

GPS still working for me since updating the software. Some users on the Samsung forum who have somehow had no working GPS at all, now do.

Man of Honour
Latest firmware "seems" to have fixed the GPS issue. Been finding satellites all day with the app since updating the phone. Normally that wouldn't happen. Will keep checking.

Associate
Well I must say the close up shots are much better than my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. The recent update has brought a new feature called focus enhancer and with this enabled I managed to get a close up of this coin, not perfect by any means as it was a little shakey and as you can see the focus is slightly out at the bottom but still very impressive.

Soldato
Focus enhancer is quite cool (not a new feature though, my S21 had it). It's pretty good at giving extra features that do improve the shot. I just wish there was a way of manually setting what you want from it, rather than it deciding.

Still gives good macro shots. I think it switches to the wide angle lens to do the macro.

Associate
Focus enhancer is quite cool (not a new feature though, my S21 had it). It's pretty good at giving extra features that do improve the shot. I just wish there was a way of manually setting what you want from it, rather than it deciding.

Still gives good macro shots. I think it switches to the wide angle lens to do the macro.
Ah i was watching a YouTube video today and he said it was new in the update, still good though.

Soldato
Just installed Good Lock via the Samsung store - it allows you to increase grid sizes a bit more also in folders as well, and you can scroll down on the app screen instead of across etc.

Back
Top Bottom