**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Soldato
I've already got a pair of Sony WF-1000XM3 noise cancelling buds, which fit me great and sound great. So the Samsung buds went straight on MM here.

Going rate seems to be £65, which is what I sold them for. Bargain if you're after a pair, as plenty are going up for sale.

Last edited:
Associate
My GPS stopped working again on my S22 Ultra. I'd applied the April update, and attempted a cache partition clear and app repair. Still happened again after a few days :(

To avoid being stuck with a lemon I've returned mine for a refund and we'll see what happens over the next few weeks as to whether I order another.

I did really like it, definitely like what Samsung has done with OneUI to Android 12, lots of little improvements. PIP window larger, screen goes brighter in the sun, Samsung gestures being all at the bottom. notification pull down and toggles much better than Pixel.

Battery was better than my Pixel 6 Pro too.

I miss it, but it's not as if I'm returning to an old phone! :)

Associate
I liked the colour!
It helps that there is a much smaller chance I'll see another one in the wild, too!

There are quite a few people who have had GPS issues, some who have it intermittently, some who had none at all until the April update, and some who have never had issue at all.

You only get 21 days before Samsung will only take it back for repair, so didn't want to take the chance!

Soldato
Good move, it used to be 28 days before. I'm not sure if they would refund after replaced models or fixing your phone had same problem. Google refunded my pixel 6 after 5 months. I believe there is a mobile rights which you can see at citizens advice.

In the first 6 months, if you choose a replacement or repair, then, if the retailer believes you have caused the damage, it is up to them to show that you caused it. After 6 months it is up to you to prove you did not cause the fault.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I've not sold mine yet, if interested I can put them up?

Also, noticed that when rinsing my phone today that water just beads off the back panel which was quite odd as never seen that happen on a back panel before. Seems like the glass has a coating or the material is such that it reels water. Explains why smudges etc don't show on it at all. Pretty cool.

Associate
So my buds pro arrived, comparisons with the buds live for me are better all round sound on the Pros and more features but I think the bass on the buds live is better, even though they don't go right into the ear.

I'll keep both though, I may have sold the Buds pro if they were fetching a bit more.

Soldato
Thanks mate but just seen another pair of headphones I've been keeping an eye on have come down a bit in price (B&O Beoplay EQ) so have opted to give these a try!

@ 250 quid on sale they're damn pricey. They'd better sound amazing and be perfect in every aspect for that price. If they live up to the hype please report back.

Associate
Is it just me who finds the buds pro hard to get into the ears? They seem really slippery and keep falling out. I haven't had noise cancelling headphones before but I'm not impressed with how it works on these, it doesn't seem to cancel anything very much!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Associate
The tips seem too big if anything, I can't get them far enough into my ears to give a good seal. I might have a look at the foam tips but they seem expensive considering the cost of the earphones. I used to use Comply tips with my Shure earphones which worked well, sadly they died some time ago :(

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hmm first I've heard about them being too big! You must have really small ears, smaller than mine as I found the biggest Samsung silicone tip size too small for me lol. Have you tried the included smaller tip size? They are literally tiny and I can't imagine any adult human having ear holes that small! :D

Back
Top Bottom