**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Is it just me who finds the buds pro hard to get into the ears? They seem really slippery and keep falling out. I haven't had noise cancelling headphones before but I'm not impressed with how it works on these, it doesn't seem to cancel anything very much!

The thing with ears is that it's like a fingerprint. Everyone's are different.

For the me the buds pro the best fitting buds I've tried. And I've had many. They're so dinky too compared to many other buds. The fit and noise cancelling is excellent for me. I'm using the medium tips.

And they also have all the control to hand, volume, pause, skip and NC.

I also use a 3rd party EQ to get raise the treble and a little more bass. The pass through sound is of excellent quality, I keep mine on the minimum setting and its so natural sounding, with no background hiss.

Associate
How does everyone rate their current cases?

I got so used to using my magnet attachment on my car while driving that although I love this phone naked, driving is too awkward with it naked and having to throw it in the glove compartment or other holes.

Associate

I got so used to using my magnet attachment on my car while driving that although I love this phone naked, driving is too awkward with it naked and having to throw it in the glove compartment or other holes.

Unfortunately my type of work requires me to have a robust case which also goes into a zipped sleeve, I've always used the Samsung Protective Standing Cover but I've recently bought the Samsung leather cover for out of work, it looks and feels great, not much protection but less likely to slip out of your hand than just the phone.

I got the Grey colour which is very light, it was on offer also with a voucher and it cost me £10.80
I really like it!

Associate
Unfortunately my type of work requires me to have a robust case which also goes into a zipped sleeve, I've always used the Samsung Protective Standing Cover but I've recently bought the Samsung leather cover for out of work, it looks and feels great, not much protection but less likely to slip out of your hand than just the phone.

I got the Grey colour which is very light, it was on offer also with a voucher and it cost me £10.80
I really like it!

Normally when I get a new Samsung phone I'm appalled at the price of the official cases (and lately the quality of some them - looking at you fold 2!). However with the s22 ultra I've bought the protective standing case, the leather case and the smart clear view case for around £40 direct from Samsung. They're all great and I'll definitely be rotating use of them, though the leather one is going to be in use for a while I suspect.

Associate
Good move, it used to be 28 days before. I'm not sure if they would refund after replaced models or fixing your phone had same problem. Google refunded my pixel 6 after 5 months. I believe there is a mobile rights which you can see at citizens advice.

Why did you return your Pixel 6 after 5 months and manage to get a refund?
The main issue I had with my 6 Pro appears to be sorted with latest update, battery life.
It's done almost 7 hours today of mixed usage and still has 30% left.

I miss my S22 Ultra though!

Soldato
Why did you return your Pixel 6 after 5 months and manage to get a refund?
The main issue I had with my 6 Pro appears to be sorted with latest update, battery life.
It's done almost 7 hours today of mixed usage and still has 30% left.

I miss my S22 Ultra though!

It was sitting in the drawer for 5 months. Overheating when using it.

Man of Honour
My GPS stopped working again on my S22 Ultra. I'd applied the April update, and attempted a cache partition clear and app repair. Still happened again after a few days :(

To avoid being stuck with a lemon I've returned mine for a refund and we'll see what happens over the next few weeks as to whether I order another.

I did really like it, definitely like what Samsung has done with OneUI to Android 12, lots of little improvements. PIP window larger, screen goes brighter in the sun, Samsung gestures being all at the bottom. notification pull down and toggles much better than Pixel.

Battery was better than my Pixel 6 Pro too.

I miss it, but it's not as if I'm returning to an old phone! :)

Mine was really bad before the update, but not had a problem since, not had to reboot once and it connects up to multiple satellites quickly every time.

Did you not consider just getting it replaced for a new one? Seems to have worked for some people.

Caporegime
Can someone explain how Samsung Trade in works?

They seem to imply that you need to send back the device within 7 days, but at the moment delivery on the S22 Ultra is 2 weeks...

So it's not within 7 days or receiving the new device? Do they have to verify it's ok first before they ship you the new one?

Associate

They seem to imply that you need to send back the device within 7 days, but at the moment delivery on the S22 Ultra is 2 weeks...

So it's not within 7 days or receiving the new device? Do they have to verify it's ok first before they ship you the new one?

I have just got a regular S22, arrived about 10 days before they estimated. In the box and also via email the day/day after it arrived I got the details of the trade in which give me 14 days to send in the trade in handset.

Not sure if the trade in process is different by handset thought, this was for a £200 discount against any android phone that powers on so will be sending an old Nexus 5!

Soldato
Same process for me with trading in my old Note 9 against my S22 Ultra.
In the box with the new handset is a trade in ref no. and postage instructions. You also get an email.

Obviously try your new phone for a few days and make sure you are going to keep it before sending off your old handset as once it's gone, it's gone!
And even if you returned your new phone within the 21 days, if you'd already sent off your trade in, you are very unlikely to get it back. And the cherry on the cake, is you will not get it's trade in price refunded back to you. You will get its current value from Samsung's recycle scheme, which is a small amount by comparison.

For example, the trade in value was £330 for my Note 9, against the S22 Ultra. The refund value of the Note 9 (if they could not return it) is £80.

Last edited:
Associate

I got a Quad Lock case for my Note 20 Ultra which made it so easy to attach to my bike. Not to big but still chunky enough to provide good protection and very easy to put on/take off. Got another for my S22 Ultra when I traded it in so really happy with it again.

Unrelated to cases - My upgrade was with O2 and got a very nice price for my Note 20. The only issue has been with getting the money out of O2 Recycle which is seperate to O2, the money was supposed to go on my account as a credit but they are having problems making payments into O2 so they are sending me a cheque. So if anyone has done the same with O2 Recycle, give O2 a call first to check if your credit has landed otherwise call O2 Recycle and ask for a cheque.

Associate
Same process for me with trading in my old Note 9 against my S22 Ultra.
In the box with the new handset is a trade in ref no. and postage instructions. You also get an email.

Obviously try your new phone for a few days and make sure you are going to keep it before sending off your old handset as once it's gone, it's gone!
And even if you returned your new phone within the 21 days, if you'd already sent off your trade in, you are very unlikely to get it back. And the cherry on the cake, is you will not get it's trade in price refunded back to you. You will get its current value from Samsung's recycle scheme, which is a small amount by comparison.

For example, the trade in value was £330 for my Note 9, against the S22 Ultra. The refund value of the Note 9 (if they could not return it) is £80.
I have not even received a confirmation email to say they have received my trade in on 29th March. I contacted Samsung recycle last week with my order number and they said they are inundated with devices and mine hadn't been checked yet, it's pretty annoying really after waiting 6 weeks for the phone I may have problems with the trade in yet!

Soldato
I played it safe and went with recorded delivery, the phone was also in its original box and I stuck a sticky note on it with the trade in ref wrote in marker pen.
It must have worked as a day after delivery I got an email to say they had received it. Not had anything since to say it's been processed though. Who knows.

Soldato

As the above posters have said you send old phone after you get the new phone , just make sure you take photo's of the phone you are trading in with screen on etc .

Soldato
I've just had an email this morning from Samsung trade in to say the transaction is now complete. I posted my old phone on the 19th March.
I've claimed the buds (they arrived and have been sold on) and the Disney sub.

All done and dusted. :)

Soldato
@ 250 quid on sale they're damn pricey. They'd better sound amazing and be perfect in every aspect for that price. If they live up to the hype please report back.

Sound quality is immense out of these, definitely the best earphones I've ever used, the app is nice and clean and easy to use. With Tidal HiFi and Master tracks you can really tell the difference.

I'm still hoo-ha'ing between Android and iOS though, ultimately for me if I stick with iOS I will probably just get another pair of airpod pros as they are just so much more convenient with integration between phone and macbook but will give it a think over.

Soldato
Sound quality is immense out of these, definitely the best earphones I've ever used, the app is nice and clean and easy to use. With Tidal HiFi and Master tracks you can really tell the difference.

I'm still hoo-ha'ing between Android and iOS though, ultimately for me if I stick with iOS I will probably just get another pair of airpod pros as they are just so much more convenient with integration between phone and macbook but will give it a think over.

Fair play, glad you like them. How's the controls and ANC?

Soldato
Fair play, glad you like them. How's the controls and ANC?

ANC is more than good enough, I did test these on the London Tube and they blocked out pretty much all noise, that's my go to test so I'll give it a pass.

The controls are fine, you can do your standard Play/Pause, triple tap to skip between tracks, control volume and toggle ANC/Transparency all from the earphones itself. A bit fiddly at times but just need to remember certain actions are dependent on the earphone itself, e.g. to play/pause you need to use the right earphone or to go to next track its right earphone and vice versa.

Flossy review here which convinced me to try them:

Back
Top Bottom