**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Soldato
ANC is more than good enough, I did test these on the London Tube and they blocked out pretty much all noise, that's my go to test so I'll give it a pass.

The controls are fine, you can do your standard Play/Pause, triple tap to skip between tracks, control volume and toggle ANC/Transparency all from the earphones itself. A bit fiddly at times but just need to remember certain actions are dependent on the earphone itself, e.g. to play/pause you need to use the right earphone or to go to next track its right earphone and vice versa.

Flossy review here which convinced me to try them:

Thanks. B&O do a 30 day free trial and I'm tempted. However it's just too pricey for something I could lose so easily.

Associate
I'm really not seeing any issues at all (touch wood)
Overall everything seems fine, battery life is better than my Note 20 ultra, for instance today I've used 8% battery between 7am and 4pm of which most is phone calls but still my Note 20 would have used probably 15-20% by now.
The phone seems smooth and snappy, no overheating or reboots, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, it seems like a silicone lottery this time around.

Associate
Mine was really bad before the update, but not had a problem since, not had to reboot once and it connects up to multiple satellites quickly every time.

Did you not consider just getting it replaced for a new one? Seems to have worked for some people.

I considered it, but they told me that there could be a considerable wait for a replacement, and they'd want my S22 Ultra back in the meantime.

With the issues I've seen people experience with Samsung customer service I didn't want to take the risk, and opted for a refund with a view on perhaps purchasing another in a couple months perhaps.

Least I got the Buds Pro and Disney Plus ;)

For me, this upgrade has been the smoothest ever. I have encountered one issue where after a while, the phone lost connection and I had to reboot, this was on the first and early firmware release. Compare that to the S20U release and it was a couple of months before I could even make a stable phone call without it dropping out. I think as it is such a small update to older models, they have already got good software. I am quite pleased with mine and do remember to use the pen and use to write lists. I have saved much paper since getting this. I might have mentioned this before but cba to check my history lol.

Soldato
Weather's nice here today so decided to take the DJI Mini 2 out for a quick flight. Be warned though, there are issues using it with the s22 ultra. Purely DJI's fault, they need to pull their finger out.

Associate
Hmmmmm, just got the phone (512gb) and it seems to lag and stutter badly. I'm selling my Zfold3 and that is so much smoother and faster. Anyone else seeing this on the s22u?

Soldato
Hmmmmm, just got the phone (512gb) and it seems to lag and stutter badly. I'm selling my Zfold3 and that is so much smoother and faster. Anyone else seeing this on the s22u?

Had the s22u a few weeks now and apart from one hiccup where the phone froze then restarted upon opening the camera, it's been pretty flawless. Definitely no lag and stuttering, I'd factory reset and start again if I were you.

Associate

Yes I have noticed this, it's especially bad in Twitter I have found. I have tried a reset and it made no difference for me.

Back
Top Bottom