**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Associate
Samsung Care plus for me £7.49
I can't even get Samsung Care. I tried to buy it and when I filled in my IMEI it says the phone is not from this country. A bit weird considering I bought it full price from Currys. Samsung can't help and they've said they don't know why this is happening (wtf). Have read from other threads around the net that this happens sometimes as all their IMEIs aren't loaded onto the Samsung system!

Associate
anyone having the annoying phonecalls are silent bug? happening a lot now, people cant hear me and i cant hear them. Whatsapp phonecalls are fine though.

Soldato
anyone having the annoying phonecalls are silent bug? happening a lot now, people cant hear me and i cant hear them. Whatsapp phonecalls are fine though.
Yes I get that sometimes and also I've got a bug as in I get missed calls even when phone is in my hands unlocked and full bars and the missed call icon appears.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
I took that offer up, managed to get the 256Gb for £476. It was to be as a replacement for my S10e. It arrived Tuesday, but I noticed that when I tried to take a picture with the main camera (1x) of a sheet of paper with writing on, all the edges were blurred, so I took the same picture with my S10e and it was far better. So I rang samsung up and sent it back yesterday for a replacement.

However, after doing some more digging and searching on the net, apparently this is normal for newer phones due to the larger sensors/lens combo?!?

Soldato
I took that offer up, managed to get the 256Gb for £476. It was to be as a replacement for my S10e. It arrived Tuesday, but I noticed that when I tried to take a picture with the main camera (1x) of a sheet of paper with writing on, all the edges were blurred, so I took the same picture with my S10e and it was far better. So I rang samsung up and sent it back yesterday for a replacement.

However, after doing some more digging and searching on the net, apparently this is normal for newer phones due to the larger sensors/lens combo?!?

Yes big sensor with wide open aperture will mean a smaller plane of focus. Things behind and in front of the focus point will be more readily blurred.

To mitigate this for certain scenarios zoom in a little, 2x. Or take the shot further back and crop in later.

And for best results ensure the subject is perfectly perpendicular to lens. This will create a more even plane of focus.

Soldato
Just installed the official Samsung screen protector, it's very nice. It's hard plastic and feels almost like glass. It's comes in a pack of two and I got it for £4.50 with 10% discount code, thinking of doubling up.

Update: Seems like it also scratches like glass, have already got a micro scratch on the protector.

Last edited:
Associate
Just installed the official Samsung screen protector, it's very nice. It's hard plastic and feels almost like glass. It's comes in a pack of two and I got it for £4.50 with 10% discount code, thinking of doubling up.

Update: Seems like it also scratches like glass, have already got a micro scratch on the protector.
Just ordered a couple of packs, used rewards for most of it. My current protector strangely keeps sliding to the right, shame because I like them.

Associate
Without reading the whole thread, has anyone imported a Snapdragon version? I have looked at the comparisons online with the reviewers and to be honest I don't wholly trust what they say, I'd be much more interested in seeing what a real users experience was who has used both?

Associate
Without reading the whole thread, has anyone imported a Snapdragon version? I have looked at the comparisons online with the reviewers and to be honest I don't wholly trust what they say, I'd be much more interested in seeing what a real users experience was who has used both?
Go take a look at Android Addicts on YouTube, he's got comparisons on Exynos v Snapdragon on a few tests and to be fair I don't think it's worth the hassle of importing for the little difference between them this time around.
The warranty will be in the country of purchase and returns or exchanges could be a right PITA

Back
Top Bottom