**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Last time I checked they were still full price at Samsung, no idea what contract deals are like, and Facebook marketplace has them around £850+. Though I wouldn't trust that for fear of the phone being locked later down the line if it came from the contract upgrade path.

Mind you, the phone is still pretty new and in demand, so probably too early for deals.

Associate
Last time I checked they were still full price at Samsung, no idea what contract deals are like, and Facebook marketplace has them around £850+. Though I wouldn't trust that for fear of the phone being locked later down the line if it came from the contract upgrade path.

Mind you, the phone is still pretty new and in demand, so probably too early for deals.
i think the deals before the phone came out with trading in old phones were the best. Ive still got a s8 which i couldve sent it and got a chunk off but as always i faffed loll

Soldato
I've been Spigen for probably the last 6 years but the Neo Hybrid which I've used in the past didn't seem to get such positive reviews on the S22U - quite a few complaints of the outer frame breaking easily.

I went for the Caseology Parallax and have been very impressed!

Soldato
Loving the S22 Ultra so far, vibration doesn't seem as strong but that's not a bad thing, I found the S20 vibration abit too much.

Phone feels heavier so getting used to that, looks and feels great though, will test the camera out later hopefully :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Daytime moon, not done daytime moon yet.

1x lens
20220707_182349.jpg

80x
20220707_182434.jpg

Soldato
What screen protector is everyone using with the ultra? Ive got the amFilm one from amazon but its already started peeling

Official Samsung one, best screen protector I've ever used like it's not even there and feels almost like glass. Had it on 2 months now and still going strong. They were £5 but have now gone up to £10.

I had the EGV 3 posted above which I think is the same as the amFilm, just packaged under a different name. They don't last that long before they started to peel mainly because they're rubbery and grips onto everything, unlike the Samsung protector which is a hard film and even easier to install.

You can get 10% off by searching 'Get 10% off at Samsung.com' on Twitter

Last edited:
Associate
Official Samsung one, best screen protector I've ever used like it's not even there and feels almost like glass. Had it on 2 months now and still going strong. They were £5 but have now gone up to £10.

I had the EGV 3 posted above which I think is the same as the amFilm, just packaged under a different name. They don't last that long before they started to peel mainly because they're rubbery and grips onto everything, unlike the Samsung protector which is a hard film and even easier to install.

You can get 10% off by searching 'Get 10% off at Samsung.com' on Twitter

I'll second this, tried EGV3 but they always seem to move over time, I bought 2 packs of the Samsung official protectors for a fiver each thinking they would probably be the same but I'm surprised so far, no issues and you can hardly tell its there, feel is good too!

Soldato
I'm thinking of upgrading my S20 Ultra to S22 Ultra , with O2 seems I can get 300 quid gift card and £150 to the trade in value and my phone which will potentially be £224, so I'd about £60 plus £30 up front. Would get 20gig data and double that due to Virgin media.

I get employee discount for where I work so it should actually be cheaper than my S20 Ultra contract with 5gb of data.

Seem a worthy upgrade?

Soldato
Could you people that use Netflix check something for me please?

I'm having an issue where netflix will not stream in HD. Looking further into the netflix app, it only shows the S22 Ultra having Widevine L3, which plays in SD with no HDR :confused: The S22 Ultra should be Widevine L1

Netflix support chat didn't get me anywhere, so just wondering if this is happening on any other of the S22 Ultras.

Cheers

Soldato
Nope, you are indeed correct @FlyingFish , min eis also showing as Widevine L3 with a max playback res of SD on the ultra HD package.

Update: Fixed it by installing latest update, clearing the Netflix cache and data then re-launching and signing back in.

Last edited:
Soldato
Update: Fixed it by installing latest update, clearing the Netflix cache and data then re-launching and signing back in.

I tried all of that last night, and nothing worked, even downloaded an earlier version of the app to install and nothing worked.

Tried again this morning, and bingo! Back to L1 and HD. How strange.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Was curious so I just checked and it was showing as SD playback for me in the app, I am on the Full HD plan too.

All I did was clear the data for the app and sign back in, now shows VP-9 Secure for the codec (was showing AVC-1 before too) and shows Full HD with HDR-10 capabilities.

OneUI 5 beta starts in the next week or so as well btw.

Soldato
I've still got an issue with notifications not coming through until I've unlocked the phone. Anyone have a fix for this? I don't think I have any power saving stuff enabled that could cause it.

If you ever figure this out let me know - one of the main reasons I ditched Android.

Back
Top Bottom