**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Soldato
My Edge's battery is down to 66% with only 49m screen-on time :(

Google Play Services and Cell standby are the biggest culprits.

Curious...has it been in work with you? My office is awful for 4G so my S7 had one absolutely murder day as it obviously couldn't keep a signal, switched to 3G at work and I go in around 90% at 8:30am and at 4:30pm with around 70% remaining, all since doing the switch.

That's with a flat S7.

Soldato
Curious...has it been in work with you? My office is awful for 4G so my S7 had one absolutely murder day as it obviously couldn't keep a signal, switched to 3G at work and I go in around 90% at 8:30am and at 4:30pm with around 70% remaining, all since doing the switch.

That's with a flat S7.

Yeah it's been at work with me all day. We have pretty good reception on Three, and I think I get 4G all day, well I used to on my iPhone 6.

It's on 58% now but I have hardly used it since I got home at 16h30. Just a handful of WhatsApp messages and 5 minutes worth of browsing. Perhaps it just needs a few discharge and recharge cycles to work itself out.

Associate
Flashed the EE ROM and now have VoWiFi working. Seems to work well, not had any issues yet. Don't like all the extra bloat of the EE ROM though tbh. Also it now only ever shows 4G rather than switching to 4G+ when using CA like the stock ROM does, strange one.

Soldato
Yeah it's been at work with me all day. We have pretty good reception on Three, and I think I get 4G all day, well I used to on my iPhone 6.

It's on 58% now but I have hardly used it since I got home at 16h30. Just a handful of WhatsApp messages and 5 minutes worth of browsing. Perhaps it just needs a few discharge and recharge cycles to work itself out.

See I had 4G reception all day but the internet access when I tried to use it was slow or not really giving anything at all...GMail then seemed to be a massive drain as it tried to sync but wasn't finding a true connection. 3G sorted it out for me...might be worth a shot, but as you say, a few cycles may sort it out.

Associate
Flashed the EE ROM and now have VoWiFi working. Seems to work well, not had any issues yet. Don't like all the extra bloat of the EE ROM though tbh. Also it now only ever shows 4G rather than switching to 4G+ when using CA like the stock ROM does, strange one.

Was this difficult? I'd quite like to flash mine for the wifi calling as I have poor reception at home.

Associate
Was this difficult? I'd quite like to flash mine for the wifi calling as I have poor reception at home.

Nope, very easy to do. Doesn't trip the warranty flag either.

You can grab the firmware from sammobile.com and then use Odin to flash. It's pretty much a case of just selecting the files in Odin and pressing start to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom