**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Associate
There's only really 2 games in town if you want timely updates, iPhone or Pixel (even then the discrepancy of updates between stock and carrier editions muddies the water further)
Exactly, updates on a Samsung are VERY slow. Always have been. Your only choice is to get a pixel if your an android user.

Associate
I've recently had a vertical line appear on my screen, some times staying for hours, other times disappearing after seconds/minutes. The line will go away if I apply pressure on the top of the screen, between the speaker and camera lens.

After a chat with Samsung support they have acknowledged it appears to be a hardware fault and have asked me to either go to a walk in repair centre (none locally) or post it for a repair.

Has anybody else had this problem on their S7 Edge?

jKUDL7C.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
So I was just reading Sky News this morning and suddenly the dreaded pink line has appeared out of nowhere. :(

The problem for me is that I've replaced my own battery, meaning my warranty is void. However, if I go to a Samsung Centre, will they simply replace the phone right there for a refurb?

Soldato
replacing the battery doesnt void the warranty on the phone. edit: shoot i thought this was the note 4 thread. Sorry of course it does, the repair centre wont touch it if they know its been replaced.

However, if I go to a Samsung Centre, will they simply replace the phone right there for a refurb?

Not likely, they'll try to repair it first which will take a few days assuming they dont figure out the battery has been replaced.

Associate
I dont know about anyone else but the lag is getting worse on mine these days.

I've wiped the cache already so its unlikely to be the cause IMO. A reboot seems to temporarily fix it but its always back before long. It took approx 5 seconds before to open the camera and in general the phone just seems like its "thinking about it" before it actually does what I ask it to do. Like for example unlocking with the fingerprint, it can take about 2 seconds. It's getting rather irritating. Maybe other people don't find this a big deal, and I guess its not a massive problem, but nevertheless it is quite annoying. I don't know why they seem incapable of producing a phone that doesn't lag. It's a shame as I'm otherwise quite happy with it.

Soldato
I dont know about anyone else but the lag is getting worse on mine these days.

I've wiped the cache already so its unlikely to be the cause IMO. A reboot seems to temporarily fix it but its always back before long. It took approx 5 seconds before to open the camera and in general the phone just seems like its "thinking about it" before it actually does what I ask it to do. Like for example unlocking with the fingerprint, it can take about 2 seconds. It's getting rather irritating. Maybe other people don't find this a big deal, and I guess its not a massive problem, but nevertheless it is quite annoying. I don't know why they seem incapable of producing a phone that doesn't lag. It's a shame as I'm otherwise quite happy with it.
Had my S7 edge a little over a year now and it still super fast

Things like the camera opens straight away when I double click the home button..
Unlock is instant no delay..

Sounds like you need to do a hard reset of your S7 edge or workout which app or apps you have installed is slowing it down..

Associate
I had a good clear out yesterday. Ran ccleaner and the built in clean up tool. Uninstalled a few apps I don't use any more and finally formatted the sdcard - I have a feeling perhaps this had something to do with it as it was acting weird - deleting files would show them disappear, but wouldn't free up space, when apps asked for permission it would fail. Since I formatted it I can now give apps permission again to use it. I did read somewhere that SD card was a source of slowdowns for some. Since I've done that it seems (so far at least) back to its usual nippy self. Apart from the odd graphical stutter (when connecting to WiFi again after it's been asleep which I find odd as the setting is to always use wi-fi even when asleep).

V_R

V_R

Soldato
1st August here too, that's what my screenie above was. :)

I do find it amusing how we got it in September however.

Back
Top Bottom