**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The plus isn't a huge amount bigger, it's just slightly taller in practice. You get 5oo mAh more battery, and a larger display to enjoy.
Coming from an S7 edge, I much prefer the +.

Associate
You can stream normally as if you were using your phone. You can also uninstall apps from the host OS once you have added it to Secure Folder, unless you installed a Secure Folder app from the Play Store from within Secure Folder, in which case it won't exist outside of it anyway.

You can also send shortcuts to Secure Folder installed apps and files to your normal homescreen, the icons will have a little keyhole in the corner:

Screenshot_20170511-001335.png

You'll naturally be prompted to iris/finger scan or enter pin/pattern when trying to load anything with a keyhole.

So to answer your question, yes, you will be able to hide your pr0n, then stream your hidden pr0n to the big 52" smart TV when nobody is about.

Thanks for the information.

Associate
Picked up the Alcantara cover today, my god does it feel good in the hand :)

Amazon has it for £33 compared to the £44 Samsung is asking and out of the 3 official cases I've tried Clear Case, Silicone and now this I think this one is a keeper! More protection than the clear which was my previous favourite and grips well...thankfully unlike the Silicone Case you can easily get it out of pockets.

What's the actual colour of the black version? They only seem to have Grey/Silver.

Associate
I agree I think this one looks fantastic, thanks for pointing me towards it

I'm now stuck between the standard and plus. I've never had a plus sized phone before, but the contract cost isn't greatly different I just worry if the larger one is a bit impractical Day to day? Or is it not that much different?

Wouldn't want to regret going either way if one is better

I had a the standard S8 and returned it because of the red screen and went with the plus. I don't think it's huge at all and definitely notice the increase in battery life.

Associate
How did you crack it? I've read that these screens are the most damaged prone ever.

Fell off my car seat after I stopped suddenly and its now cracked, it is very fragile.

Why? Do they cover accidental?

When I cracked mine I just done an insurance claim.

No idea I dont have insurance, will just sell it as broken if it costs too much

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I had a the standard S8 and returned it because of the red screen and went with the plus. I don't think it's huge at all and definitely notice the increase in battery life.
Cool now I want the plus lol

It will be contract, vodafones site seems to suggest about £54-60 a month which is a lot but it's no more than I've been paying recently anyway really.

Do they tend to offer better deals over the phone or what's the best way to go about it?

Thanks

Soldato
What's the actual colour of the black version? They only seem to have Grey/Silver.

Basically Grey/Silver is the colour, but it's a very dark grey which actually compliments the phone fairly well and does a better job than the Grey silicone cover.

I'm also finding the aluminium/metal surround for the camera and fingerprint scanner to work well as a separator between the two, much more so than the other two official cases I've tested.

It will be contract, vodafones site seems to suggest about £54-60 a month which is a lot but it's no more than I've been paying recently anyway really.

Do they tend to offer better deals over the phone or what's the best way to go about it?

Thanks

Best tactic is to find a better deal out there and use that as your bargaining chip if you are prepared to leave. :)

You will tend to be offered a better deal than what's advertised on the majority of occasions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato

Thanks
If you are upgrading rather than buying new, it does depend who you speak to and whether or not they are in a good mood it seems.

The best way to do it is actually to get your PAC and wait for them to ring you back but if you are in a hurry to get your new phone then I understand you might not want to do that.

If you do end up on a standard deal then I would recommend trying to find a friend or acquaintance who works for a company on Vodafone Advantage (https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-advantage/) and you will get an easy 15% off your deal. A quick google will list some organisations that are involved, eg. NHS.

Associate

I'm now stuck between the standard and plus. I've never had a plus sized phone before, but the contract cost isn't greatly different I just worry if the larger one is a bit impractical Day to day? Or is it not that much different?

Coming from the S6 edge, I find my S8+ absolutely perfect, it's not much larger than the standard S8. I'd say go for the S8+, bigger battery and screen.

Soldato

I have handled them both and I didn't think the plus was excessively bigger than the standard s8.

To be honest I felt the screen was plenty big enough on the standard s8 and didn't feel the plus was worth the extra cash as I was buying sim free cash up front.

But if the difference is minimal on contract it may be worth it for you.

Soldato
If you are upgrading rather than buying new, it does depend who you speak to and whether or not they are in a good mood it seems.

The best way to do it is actually to get your PAC and wait for them to ring you back but if you are in a hurry to get your new phone then I understand you might not want to do that.

If you do end up on a standard deal then I would recommend trying to find a friend or acquaintance who works for a company on Vodafone Advantage (https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-advantage/) and you will get an easy 15% off your deal. A quick google will list some organisations that are involved, eg. NHS.

Thanks, I had a chat with them and they weren't budging as it's there premium phone blah blah :D

There are better deals for 3rd party sellers but not sure, seems easier to just upgrade

Back
Top Bottom