1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8 Thread ****

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by CaptainComedy, Sep 26, 2016.

1. CaptainComedy

Mobster

my phone is being picked up by EE tomorrow morning

I have seen stuttering on the screen as well as mentioned on previous page - that was on samsung browser

2. PhoenixUK

Mobster

Well... this is annoying. Spoke to chitterchatter again and been told earliest possible stock on 28th so now looks like it might not even get to me for 1st of May.

Even more annoying is that they do have stock, but only for EE and it's apparently only the unlocked handsets that are delayed... sounds fishy!

3. killianzz

Gangster

I'm cancelling mine. There's a 30 quid off voucher for Samsung direct so you don't even save that much anyway. And who knows if/when you'll get that cash back.

Free accident cover type thing through Samsung too

4. steve5424

Gangster

Mine has been delivered. Can't wait to get home now! 3.5 hours at work left. Boooo

5. IvanDobskey

Soldato

I don't think the voucher works anymore :(

6. rG-tom

Sgarrista

oh another nice touch is that it comes with a USB OTG adaptor and a usb-c to micro usb adaptor :)

7. matthewwhitton

Hitman

Anyone know when we get samsung pay?

8. Matson

Mobster

the s8 plus is actually smaller than I thought it would be. having used a note 4 for so long I guess the fact the note 4 is wide and the S8 plus is taller. For any reviews saying the S8 plus is too big or too tall I mock your puny hands :D

Also the camera in low light on this is seriously good.

Here are a few comparison pics with my Note 4 camera.

Galaxy S8 on the left Note 4 on the right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. PhoenixUK

Mobster

I couldn't get the voucher to work last time I tried though...

10. Bobcat

Wise Guy

Ordered mine through CPW on the 30th March, was delivered yesterday with the option of getting that free bluetooth samsung speaker which i submitted to have yesterday through CPW.

Really like the S8 as coming from an LG G3 the S8 is around the same size in length but the LG G3 was much wider than the S8 is, so its a worthy upgrade for me as my LG G3 was starting to show its age, plus i was over-due an upgrade.

The phone is great, the screen is fantastic, i picked up a cheap £4.25 case off the bay (pic), which will tide me over until i get something a bit better as just wanted something now to at least protect the phone, will see how the phone does on battery today but early indications from playing with it yesterday the battery will be fine for my use.

Overall im impressed with the build quality and the overall speed of the phone when carrying out tasks, so its a happy purchase :)

11. Kenai

Capodecina

I have mine \o/

A few days ago

12. azibux1

Mobster

Try Noreve?
    Nice one! Was going to ask how yours was getting along.

Mine just turned up :D

13. rIcK

Hitman

I can only watch various YouTube videos at 720p, yet my low res iPhone 7 does higher resolutions (1440p) on the same videos...

This may be a deal breaker for me since I got this as a consumption device.

Anyone else have this issue?

Some random odd videos will do higher res.

This one for example is max 720p yet 1080p on my iPhone

https://youtu.be/QAHlOJlQhsU

14. Kenai

Capodecina

Bundled AKG/'Tuned by AKG' headphones are distinctly average, not a patch on my Ultimate Ears super.fi5s so all this talk of $99 headphones is nonsense I think :p They sound like i'd expect any set of £30 in-ears to sound.

Will have a play with the actual phone in a bit :p

15. Bobcat

Wise Guy

Just tried that video you link to on my S8 using the Youtube App, it allows me to set it to 1080p with no problems, also tried out some 1440p sample clips and they play no problem in the Youtube App at the higher rate. Hope that this helps.

16. steve5424

Gangster

Nop wonder Ultimate ears are awesome. I have a pair of those too. Cables replaced twice in 5 years but the earpieces still kicking out great sounds.

17. Kenai

Capodecina

The UEs were only a £50 set when I got them though and that was ears ago - they created a fair expectation with this '$99 AKG' thing, they're just the same naff earphones you've been getting with phones for years as far as i'm concerned

18. jeezy85

Gangster

I have the s8+ it's stunning and beautiful but I think I'm going to return it and stick to my jail broken iPhone plus. The feel and look of apps are much more polished imo. I.e Snapchat, whatsapp, insagram including the SMS. Camera is defo better on the Samsung. But I am still getting a bit of a lag on the s8+

But I can do so much with a jailbroken iPhone. Hopefully the note 8 will convince me to switch back to android.

19. azibux1

Mobster

Thankfully no red tint

Very happy so far :D

Just trying to sort my number transfer out

20. PhoenixUK

Mobster

Didnt these cost like £100+ and that was what, 8yrs ago? With inflation and current exchange rate we're talking now £200 worth piece of kit vs £70rrp.

Not expecting wonders but they should, as advertised, be equivalent to what £80rrp earphones cost now. Gotta wait until proper reviews perhaps.