**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Soldato
don't think the battery life will be as good as my Z3 was but sacrifices have to be made lol

Took 1.5 hours for a full charge from flat last night. I got the phone with 53% battery on about 14:00 then messing all day till it went off about 22:00. Quick charged to 100% in 1.5hrs (in about 20 mins it did about ~50% charge). Off charge since 1AM. Its been powered on since then and I've now got 65% (again messing with it all day).

Iris scanner I use all the time - really surprised how far they'v come with their biometric readers - well done samsung.
I wear contacts during the day and no problems with either them or when I'm wearing glasses at night time - my main unlock method now - I was thinking to myself its a PITA getting into the phone, swipe, pin, ok, - iris reader requires just one swipe.

Edge takes some getting used to - i keep 'edging' instead of swiping.

Anyone found any decent screen protectors btw? - only case to get is the Spigen Thin Fit one chaps - still keeps the sleek hold and feel of it :)

Soldato
I've put a spigen neo hybrid case on mine and though I like the appearance and quality of it, it's far too slippery. What cases are available that are extra grippy?

Really liking the s8+. I thought the camera would only be a small improvement over the iPhone 6s+, but it's clearly faster and better. The screen is leaps and bounds ahead. Whisper it softly, but I'd say the iPhone just pips it in smoothness.

Soldato
Agreed on the Spigen Thin Fit, it's great and also has an internal recess for a metal plate for magnetic dash holder, which will look far more attractive than stuck on the back of my Z3 case.

It is a good looking phone

AhM1yy2.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Agreed on the Spigen Thin Fit, it's great and also has an internal recess for a metal plate for magnetic dash holder, which will look far more attractive than stuck on the back of my Z3 case.

It is a good looking phone

It is a good looking case tbh :) Good colour to go with the Black S8.

I do prefer the clear cover though from Samsung though :)

Ftq0qKS.jpg

9Z1ZsQE.jpg

a3ar2o2.jpg

Soldato
I have the s8+ it's stunning and beautiful but I think I'm going to return it and stick to my jail broken iPhone plus. The feel and look of apps are much more polished imo. I.e Snapchat, whatsapp, insagram including the SMS. Camera is defo better on the Samsung. But I am still getting a bit of a lag on the s8+

But I can do so much with a jailbroken iPhone. Hopefully the note 8 will convince me to switch back to android.

No lag here, guessing you use Chrome? Use the built-in browser instead. Chrome is garbage these days.

Associate
I've put a spigen neo hybrid case on mine and though I like the appearance and quality of it, it's far too slippery. What cases are available that are extra grippy?
If you want a grippy case which is nice and thin I recommend the Nillkin Frosted from nillkin.org - also on Amazon as the Meimeiwu Anti-Slip Slim Fit Frosted Ultra Thin Matte Hard Back Cover Case - currently in stock at less than a tenner. It's nice as it has three cutouts on the back making the fingerprint sensor much easier to locate:

6.jpg

Soldato
A deal has popped up which has just caught my interest; FREE S8+ with unlimited calls/txt and 15GB data on EE for £46 a month, but also free BT Sports for the duration of the contract. BT sports is around a fiver a month last time I checked, so effectively this comes in at £41 a month. Delivery in a weeks time though, hmmm..

Soldato
If you want a grippy case which is nice and thin I recommend the Nillkin Frosted from nillkin.org - also on Amazon as the Meimeiwu Anti-Slip Slim Fit Frosted Ultra Thin Matte Hard Back Cover Case - currently in stock at less than a tenner. It's nice as it has three cutouts on the back making the fingerprint sensor much easier to locate:

Nice one, I'll check them out

Soldato
A deal has popped up which has just caught my interest; FREE S8+ with unlimited calls/txt and 15GB data on EE for £46 a month, but also free BT Sports for the duration of the contract. BT sports is around a fiver a month last time I checked, so effectively this comes in at £41 a month. Delivery in a weeks time though, hmmm..
Directly through ee or a 3rd party?

Associate
I don't think the voucher works anymore :(

I stupidly didn't try it again before I cancelled it, oops! I'll probably just buy it in person now on the 28th if anywhere has it in stock. I don't really regret cancelling my order from chitterchatter, it was a pretty shady move they pulled imo.

To be honest I'm half tempted to just wait it out for the iPhone 8/Note 8 at this point. I still enjoy using my iPhone 7 Plus and my hype has died down a bit.

Has anyone who's moved from the iPhone 7 Plus got any comments? I saw one brief comment in this thread RE app polish. Does the S8 come close to its buttery smoothness?

Soldato
I have the s8+ it's stunning and beautiful but I think I'm going to return it and stick to my jail broken iPhone plus. The feel and look of apps are much more polished imo. I.e Snapchat, whatsapp, insagram including the SMS. Camera is defo better on the Samsung. But I am still getting a bit of a lag on the s8+

But I can do so much with a jailbroken iPhone. Hopefully the note 8 will convince me to switch back to android.

Not sure what you mean about the polished part? Snapchat, Insta etc are pretty much exactly the same? Lag wise, if it's still updating then it will lag, wait for it to finish if you haven't already? Plus get pixel launcher on there, vast improvement!

Soldato
Question about the always on display. Why is it sometimes when I turn off the screen the always on display is dim...then other times it's bright. Seems random. Obviously you would always want it dim to avoid screen burn.

Associate
Showed my work colleagues and they agree there is definitely a red tint

Was it like this out of the box or after some usage?

No regrets with purchasing the S8. Build quality is great and the screen is just awesome. I don't think the finger print scanner placement is that bad. The earphones are ok at best but they are better than your average bundled earphones.

Associate
S8+ ordered and dispatched, case due in the next few days!. Just hearing great reviews on this thing. Cant wait!.

Time to flog the s6 edge on mazuma.

Back
Top Bottom