**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Soldato
I can't see the 24GB offer?

Afraid we missed the boat on those.

I'm looking at this one atm:

S8+ (EE) Free Handset (£30 Quidco cashback)
Unlimited Calls/Txts
15GB Data
BT Sports for 2 years
£46 a month

Now the S8 is on the exact same deal so it makes no sense going for that seeing as it's valued at almost £100 less! I've wanted BT Sport for a while so effectively the contract above is £41 a month.

£41 x 24 = 984 (-30 cashback) = £954 all in.

The handset goes for £779 so the contract comes in at £175 over 2 years, that's just over £7 a month. The PAC code I have runs out in 10 days...

Soldato
The above contract I posted also comes with Apple music for 6 months. This would be no use whatsoever to me, would it be possible to sell this on? Anyone subscribe to Apple music???

Soldato
Anyone finding scrolling performance poor (in Chrome especially)?

Also, Samsung annoyingly put a persistent notification icon/banner when connected to a VPN :mad:
Never even bothered with Chrome on any of my Samsung phones as the stock browser is great(and often over looked). Also like samsung pass that runs with it so can log in with my finger print to web sites ^_^

Soldato
Never even bothered with Chrome on any of my Samsung phones as the stock browser is great(and often over looked). Also like samsung pass that runs with it so can log in with my finger print to web sites ^_^

Or...log in with your iris n feel like a badass I love being able to constantly sign in on sites using your eyes..so quick too.

Soldato
I paid absolutely nowhere near £100+ for them

That was 2010.

If these 'AKG' are what £80 gets you these days, then i'm glad i'm not in the market for an £80 set of in-ears at the moment!
it's actually the studio ones I have. Over the ear monitor types. They were over £120

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone finding scrolling performance poor (in Chrome especially)?

Also, Samsung annoyingly put a persistent notification icon/banner when connected to a VPN :mad:

Chrome is awful at the moment, God knows what Google is doing with it. Samsung browser is in a different league.

Soldato

Chrome is awful at the moment, God knows what Google is doing with it. Samsung browser is in a different league.

Chrome is fine on my other android devices, plus it's not just chrome it seems to be quite jerky across the board. Maybe you're used to it if you've come from other Samsung devices :p

Associate
I couldn't get the voucher to work last time I tried though...

Are you sticking with chitterchatter? I'm thinking that with CarphoneWarehouse I could at least offset some of the extra cost by selling the free speaker. To be honest though I wouldn't mind keeping it if its of respectable quality; a waterproof speaker for the shower would be handy...

Soldato
Mines very smooth but I've got the red tint :(

Since the update being sorted will fix it provided your performance is fine I'd wait it out mate :)

Chrome is also very smooth for me and couldn't be happier with the performance of the phone so far.

Also I'm running Samsung Experience/Touchwiz and I genuinely don't think I'll bother with another launcher as I'm liking the look and the way it functions.

Soldato
Are you sticking with chitterchatter? I'm thinking that with CarphoneWarehouse I could at least offset some of the extra cost by selling the free speaker. To be honest though I wouldn't mind keeping it if its of respectable quality; a waterproof speaker for the shower would be handy...

I thought of the same thing but talked to them and they said that now you can only order for after 28th delivery, same for john lewis. And even if samsung shipped them straight away, I won't get one until Wednesday now. Might just as well wait extra week at this point, had been waiting for an upgrade for 7 months, can just as well wait extra week..

Back
Top Bottom