**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Soldato
Still cant decide whether to send mine back or not... the phone is pretty much perfect for me and I love it but when scrolling on websites with white backgrounds I keep getting distracted by the red tint on the left side of the screen only and it being white on the right side... That seems like an issue that no software could fix because its not even across the whole screen... if it was red all over I could just dial that out but the fact its red only on the left side.

Associate
Still cant decide whether to send mine back or not... the phone is pretty much perfect for me and I love it but when scrolling on websites with white backgrounds I keep getting distracted by the red tint on the left side of the screen only and it being white on the right side... That seems like an issue that no software could fix because its not even across the whole screen... if it was red all over I could just dial that out but the fact its red only on the left side.
Send it back and get a replacement. It's clearly not what you were expecting or wanted. Thankfully I don't have this issue, you'll only regret otherwise.

Associate
I'm really struggling trying to find a screen protector that actually works as described and doesn't impact screen quality at all. The tempered glass ones seem crap and the plastic ones peel because of the round edges

Soldato
Glad to hear it, it's really nice, protection is well questionable but at least it doesn't detract from the look of the phone :)

I'm trying out my silicone case for a few days to see how i get on with it but really liking that too.

Apart from the two piece case Samsung have done a great job this time around.
The samsung clear case i got with the wireless charger bundle is thin and doesn't make the phone look ugly...

Can't find a proper link but it was in vodafone store in Newcastle yesterday...

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s...-pack-wireless-charger-pad/639611553-173-2556
I might get that bundle as can get 20% off the £45 price with Vodoafone. Great price for it all

Permabanned
OP

Send it back, I spoke with EE - I received my replacement within 24 hours and I can tell you it is noticeably different!... couple more explanation marks to emphasise the difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do it.

Soldato
I'm really struggling trying to find a screen protector that actually works as described and doesn't impact screen quality at all. The tempered glass ones seem crap and the plastic ones peel because of the round edges

There's a reason, they just don't work well with these types of screens mate. If i were you I'd put faith in the glass on the phone and go without one :)

Permabanned
OP
There's a reason, they just don't work well with these types of screens mate. If i were you I'd put faith in the glass on the phone and go without one :)

I tried the tempered glass from iPro on amazon - what a pile of crap, advertised case friendly, I put the glass on, it wasn't even flush with the phone, I put the case on - the glass popped right off.

the glass wasn't the only thing that was popped right off.

Soldato
Received my Ringke Slim black case today for the S8+, hard back, ever so slightly raised from the screen, very sleek simple design, cant complain for £6.99. It was my preferred case for my s7e so I've stuck with them, now just waiting for the handset...

Soldato
I'm having a job finding a case which separates the fingerprint scanner from the camera lens. Such cases exist, but they're either:
1. Not in stock.
2. Coming from Hong Kong with ten days delivery time.
It's my preference to order from Amazon (Prime) since I work from home and cba to make the trip somewhere to buy one over the counter. The Samsung clear case would be ok, but isn't in stock for another week.

Soldato
I've got 2:

elago Galaxy S8 Case
ZOTO Samsung Galaxy S8 TPU Case

Both via Prime. The elago is very thin, the clear one is about 1mm thick and adds a bit more bulk/protection.

Great - I've ordered the ZOTO one. The elago looks nicer, but I'm not convinced that 0.3mm is sufficient protection against drops.

Soldato
Received my Ringke Slim black case today for the S8+, hard back, ever so slightly raised from the screen, very sleek simple design, cant complain for £6.99. It was my preferred case for my s7e so I've stuck with them, now just waiting for the handset...

Ive got the clear one for s8 and it looks a lot better quality than the soft spigen one I've had for note7. Waiting for the handset as well so will report once I tried it.

Soldato
I don't usually use a case, but do tend to buy one so I can use it if I'm going somewhere where I'm more likely to drop it etc. I've got a skin coming from slickwraps that I'll probably use instead of a case. The glass back is really nice when it's clean, but can imagine it getting nasty in the summer with sweaty hands :p

Soldato
Mines doing an update.

Screenshot_20170425_124444.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom