**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Associate
One thing I find annoying over my S6 is that when I take a photo and then goto Samsung gallery to view the photos. There is photos in the gallery of not only my camera photos but my recieved whatsapp pictures and downloaded pictures.

Anyone know how to set it up so that only my camera photos are shown in the Samsung gallery. I can't find noting in all the settings....

Soldato
Not a fix as such, but if you browse to the folder you don't want to see in the gallery and create a file called .nomedia it'll hide it from the gallery.

As a side effect it'll hide it from any other apps that look for media in folders.

Soldato
One thing I find annoying over my S6 is that when I take a photo and then goto Samsung gallery to view the photos. There is photos in the gallery of not only my camera photos but my recieved whatsapp pictures and downloaded pictures.

Anyone know how to set it up so that only my camera photos are shown in the Samsung gallery. I can't find noting in all the settings....
You have to do it every time you open the app but if you select Albums at the top, it displays all in separate folders. It'd be nice if it could be set to open to that view by default but sadly not.

Associate
got my s8 plus on the 21.having a few problems.really p××××d off after spending £850.the phone has a terrible redish screen.lag and fails to repond sometimes when i press the bixby /home button.i thought at first that the screen had froze or something ,had to press the power button instead to get it to respond,still dont understand why they brought out a phone with diffrent rez,seems a bit iffy,updated the fw 2days ago and it didnt help.im sure its made worse.not responding more often.samsung is calling me 2morrow to remote/connect to my s8 and hopefully fix it or its going right bck,

Soldato
I'm looking forward to having the same arguement (with EE) tomorrow, no idea why it's always such a drama?
Who knows... they're keeping a customer! I thought they'd have more issues letting you go to another network... but they seem to have issues with you wanting to stay on the same network ha :D

Soldato
More phenomenal battery performance today!!

Can't get an up to date GSam screenshot as it got accidentally reset when I blipped it onto the wireless charger for 2 seconds to test something... but I had taken a screenshot earlier then now I've added 'current' stats to it

Off charge: 10h41m
SoT: 5h20m
Battery percentage left: 6%
Details: All on wifi, and location on high accuracy

Pretty amazed!!

GSam is showing average screen on time (since 23 April) as 4h51m!

Soldato
I got amazing battery life today

Off Charge 15h 15mins 13secs
4hrs 29mins SoT 30%
2% left 9mins left

Wi-Fi on and GPS high accuracy.

I've not had a phone last that long in forever.

Soldato
Was you covering all bases?
Chitterchatter didnt know yesterday afternoon whether or not they going to be despatching thousands of s8's in few hours and couldnt confirm anything at all so I've ordered through CPW just in case and few hours later I got emails from both saying it's being despatched...

Unsure which one to keep now chitterchatter is EE one because they messed up but I've been given unlock code and it was 639 but cpw one is proper carrier free + speaker but at 689

Wonder if I can sell the unlock code if I return it hah..

They also gave me 25%off for a case but have no cases for s8 in their store - good one

Last edited:
Soldato
i unplugged mine at 7.30am yesterday and at 7.30am this morning it was on 26% still. Not heavy usage probably only a couple of hours of screen on use but way way better than i ever experienced on my s6 with similar usage, and that was with location on etc.

Soldato
Chitterchatter didnt know yesterday afternoon whether or not they going to be despatching thousands of s8's in few hours and couldnt confirm anything at all so I've ordered through CPW just in case and few hours later I got emails from both saying it's being despatched...

Unsure which one to keep now chitterchatter is EE one because they messed up but I've been given unlock code and it was 639 but cpw one is proper carrier free + speaker but at 689

Wonder if I can sell the unlock code if I return it hah..

They also gave me 25%off for a case but have no cases for s8 in their store - good one

Wonder if my handset is locked to EE via MPD, as I need to pop an ee and 3 sim in as part of the port process :(

Mine is here :) Its stunning to hold.

YESSSSSS!!!! There is only one clock and calendar by default :)

nice to hear, any screen tint showing?

Back
Top Bottom