**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Associate
Still really enjoying using the phone but one annoying thing is depending on the app on text entry the navigation bar can be white or black, and I don't see why it needs to change small issue I know but does anyone know if there's a setting I've missed that stops this?
nH8Yl8W.jpg

Soldato
Anyone having issues with Safety Net failing to pass?

I've a totally stock S8. No software update, still on release firmware. Android Pay was woking 2 weeks ago and now doesn't work.

UPDATE: I fixed the issue. I turned off Developer mode and it working again.

Last edited:
Associate
Friends,

My new Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus is just a week old now but getting severe Echo on the other end when made or received calls!!! I am with EE in the UK.

When I call someone or I get call from someone, party at the other end is complaining that he/she getting their voice echo'd badly, but at the Galaxy S8+ end no issues perfect sound. I tried calls with speaker phone ON and Headphone connected - both cases no echo at the other end!!! Echo is there only when use mobile in the normal way!! Only other reference to this I have seen is below entry in XDA Dev forum, no solution yet!!!

As I said when headset or speaker phone ON Galaxy, no echo at the other end. Also I could see when Speaker phone is switched off Echo gradually goes down though first 30 sec after speaker off echo is maximum. I removed cases and screen protector and tried same issue. Also tried with Voice over Wifi OFF - No difference. tried calls in different areas like place with good signal or bad signal every time same experience. But @ Galaxy S8+ end everything is perfect, No issue at all!!! Also called from land line and different phones from different networks, all have same problem - Echo at the other end!!

Any suggestions..?? Not keen to return phone as it might take weeks to get a replacement and again had to copy all data etc.

I just did a factory reset and phone is back to where it started. Still same issue....horrible!!:mad:

Galaxy S8+ great looking phone but can't make any calls!!!
mad.gif

Thanks
P***d of S8+ User

Associate
Did any one tried to call Samsung Galaxy S8 plus from another mobile/landline..? If you make a call to receive a call from another mobile or landline the person @ the other end will hear Echo of his or her voice in their phone!!!. Remember impact is felt at the Non-Galaxy end, where that person's voice will be echo'd for him/her. Galaxy end all will be fine. You must make sure @ Galaxy end it is NOT on speaker phone or headset. Once Galaxy end is put in speaker phone or headphone echo will disappear. Once you switch off Speaker phone/Remove head phone @ Galaxy end Echo will be back!!! All these time @ galaxy end no problem at all!!!!!

Tried this scenario with and with out case and screen cover. Tried calls from different MNOs and land lines. Tried after factory reset as well!!! No change!!!

Also need to make sure your galaxy is moving or held in the hand!

Fantastic looking phone but not good to make or receive calls!!!!

Last edited:
Associate
Lol I'm in the same situation

I mentioned the 30 day refund thing in an email and they just sort of swerved answering it properly... and said the delay is due to me changing my leather type part way through... I did do that, but I don't think that's the delay reason as surely if it was custom made and they'd already started the other one ... then they wouldn't have allowed me to make the change? So if they allowed me to make it, I imagine there was no progress with the first order and therefore still shouldn't be any delay

Will see when it finally arrives hopefully it is worth it! :)

I've got no idea why this place takes so long, I know they're custom made, but they don't half take there time.

I think they've been giving us all different responses for these delays.

I can confirm mine has now been dispatched and is due for delivery on the 23rd may!. It best be worth the wait!.

Soldato
I've got no idea why this place takes so long, I know they're custom made, but they don't half take there time.

I think they've been giving us all different responses for these delays.

I can confirm mine has now been dispatched and is due for delivery on the 23rd may!. It best be worth the wait!.
Nice! Let us know how it is!

Did you get an email saying dispatched?

Soldato
Yeah you would think. When the sound cuts out it actually fades out a little, and putting an ear to the speaker - you can hear some hiss/white noise from the speaker. So maybe is a software thing, I saw somewhere mentioning the speaker shorting due to clipping or something. Either way, I just want Samsung to at least acknowledge the issue, several people have had replacement phones that get the same issue.

Edit: I have a custom EQ setting applied, maybe something to do with that?

I've noticed audio muting on some Facebook videos, but if I mute and unmute the audio it comes back so I'm guessing this issue is software.

Not sure if it's the same issue that some here are reporting though.

Associate
I've started having problems with my plus. Data is hanging up every 5/10 minutes. I have to put it in airplane mode and then off again each time.

Battery life is now pretty poor. At the end of my day at the office (9 hours after taking off charge) even with very little use (1.5 hour screen on time), I'm left with about 25% battery. It was much better when I first got it. From the device mainitainance option I can't figure out what is causing it, no app/service stands out.

Has anyone else had these issues? I think I'm going to try a factory reset. If that doesn't work, then probably a refund if I can get one.

After how many days can you get a refund from an online purchase?

Associate
Experienced yesterday the audio cut off issue on my S8+ while watching a youtube video.. oh dear. However audio only cuts off on youtube, all other notifications and alarms still work.

Back
Top Bottom