**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Associate
Their service is extremely poor. So here I am waiting for my case to dispatch and I get an email... Great (or so I thought!...)

That was over ONE MONTH after they confirmed they had changed it to Ambition finish, and it was just 11 days ago they told me the below... that the delay was due to the modification request...

Seems I was just lied to with any excuse for the delay (they decided on it being the modification request) then ended up making the initial case anyway so really no reason for this huge delay. Poor service all round.

Will see what they say about it as I'm really not happy spending this much with this shocking level of service.

Yeah the service is extremely poor, it's not like the cases cost a few pound either. They are definitely just messing you around, they also messed me around. I messaged them several times and they didn't answer any of my questions, they just avoided them.

Are you going to try and get a refund?, I'd never order from them again, even though the cases are really good.

Soldato
Yeah the service is extremely poor, it's not like the cases cost a few pound either. They are definitely just messing you around, they also messed me around. I messaged them several times and they didn't answer any of my questions, they just avoided them.

Are you going to try and get a refund?, I'd never order from them again, even though the cases are really good.
Yeah poor service but seemingly good quality products.

I think I'm going to push for a partial refund at least. Otherwise I'll just escalate to PayPal and they'll probably sort it out.

Soldato
DONT GET THE SPIGEN THIN FIT CASE!!!!!!

Be warned peeps - it dropped about 2 foot with this case and smashed both bottom left and top right edges of the screen.

Samsung want £350 for a repair so I looked around. The Know How team at PC World/ Carphone Warehouse have confirmed they will offer it at around £150 like their other 'screen replacement' offers. However samsung havn't shipped ANY spares to them yet - they said it should be due next week so hanging fire for now. Device is perfectly useable but the screen took a right battering from what I would deem a pretty small fall.

Excuse me whilst I go cry a river. Someone play a violin for me in the meantime pls.

Soldato
Well, on the other side of the river, I've got the Ringke Fusion Clear case, costed £6.99 and when I dropped my s8 on concrete from shoulder height last week after coming home from beer festival - not a scratch of any kind :). Was a bit worried as it hit it quite hard but the case is very solid.

Associate
Awaiting delivery of my S8+ today, my Z3 finally died yesterday so I had to bite the bullet and upgrade. £42pm for 16GB/Unlimited Texts&Calls from Vodafone on a retention deal. Upgrades couldn't offer me anything, so I asked to leave, they bettered what I was asking for.

What are the best screen protectors available for the phone, ideally from amazon if possible.

Soldato
Awaiting delivery of my S8+ today, my Z3 finally died yesterday so I had to bite the bullet and upgrade. £42pm for 16GB/Unlimited Texts&Calls from Vodafone on a retention deal. Upgrades couldn't offer me anything, so I asked to leave, they bettered what I was asking for.

What are the best screen protectors available for the phone, ideally from amazon if possible.

Depends if you are using a case or not.

The official Samsung protector is the best for feel by far, but it only fits samsung cases. The Spigen wet applied protector fits all cases but it has a bit of orange peel and it is a tad sticky to touch, can't tell its on mostly though.

Personally im using the samsung official which I managed to get a perfect dust free install of with the samsumg clear cover case.

Soldato
Depends if you are using a case or not.

The official Samsung protector is the best for feel by far, but it only fits samsung cases. The Spigen wet applied protector fits all cases but it has a bit of orange peel and it is a tad sticky to touch, can't tell its on mostly though.

Personally im using the samsung official which I managed to get a perfect dust free install of with the samsumg clear cover case.
I think all the wet ones have the orange peel / rubbery effect

Does the Samsung one not even have a rubbery feel either?

Soldato
I think all the wet ones have the orange peel / rubbery effect

Does the Samsung one not even have a rubbery feel either?

The Samsung one feels as good as the glass to be fair, it made me change the case so I could keep it as my spigen ones didn't fit with it on.

Associate
DONT GET THE SPIGEN THIN FIT CASE!!!!!!

Be warned peeps - it dropped about 2 foot with this case and smashed both bottom left and top right edges of the screen.

Samsung want £350 for a repair so I looked around. The Know How team at PC World/ Carphone Warehouse have confirmed they will offer it at around £150 like their other 'screen replacement' offers. However samsung havn't shipped ANY spares to them yet - they said it should be due next week so hanging fire for now. Device is perfectly useable but the screen took a right battering from what I would deem a pretty small fall.

Excuse me whilst I go cry a river. Someone play a violin for me in the meantime pls.

Thin Fit is a nice case but it probably offers only scratch and bump resistance. No real drop protection.

Soldato
Ive decided to get one of these, move away from HTC, Deal was a Samsung Galaxy S8+ 64GB Midnight Black (with accessories), Unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 4GB data, £20 upfront, £43 per month - cant wait!

Soldato
Ok so I am using the new 4g Sims card that o2 sent me and I have transferred my phone number across ok. However how do I tell if it's using 4g or not as when I go into settings/connections/mobile networks it states LTE/3G/2G(auto connect). Should it not say 4g somewhere?

EDIT: You know what I should just go get my coat as LTE is, apparently, 4g.....

Last edited:
Associate
I've renewed my eset anti-virus protection for Windows and notice that included in my package is the eset android protection. Is it worth installing?. Anyone installed it?.

Soldato
The Samsung one feels as good as the glass to be fair, it made me change the case so I could keep it as my spigen ones didn't fit with it on.
That's good and bad.

I have the Samsung official clear shell case and my Dad has the Spigen thin fit. Would have bought two lol but seems I'll only be buying one.

I guess it started sort of lifting the protector off with the Spigen? Or it simply just didn't fit at all?

Off to go see the cost.... lol

This the one? Samsung - ET-FG950

http://www.samsung.com/uk/mobile-accessories/screen-protector-fg950-galaxy-s8/?cid=uk_ppc_google_pla-samsung+galaxy+s8+screen+protector+(et+fg950ctegww,+plastic)-ecom-buy_20170601&s_kwcid=AL!281!3!188748213534!!!g!!&ef_id=WOU8cwAAAOpsETSg:20170601071258:s

Quite a reasonable price actually if so :)

Is the top cut out bit quite discreet?

Associate
I wait for S9 next year when my contract end then upgrade from s7edge but i keep s7edge as 2nd handset and use new s9... s7 edge still great phone and already tested s8 plus at carphonewarehouse and look nicely but it not big change as it wee add new features so i wait next bus stop.. last one was s5 then now s7 edge so next is s9.. anyway if you already own s8 then be careful with this phone and enjoy with yer new toy

Soldato
That's good and bad.

I have the Samsung official clear shell case and my Dad has the Spigen thin fit. Would have bought two lol but seems I'll only be buying one.

I guess it started sort of lifting the protector off with the Spigen? Or it simply just didn't fit at all?

Off to go see the cost.... lol

This the one? Samsung - ET-FG950

http://www.samsung.com/uk/mobile-accessories/screen-protector-fg950-galaxy-s8/?cid=uk_ppc_google_pla-samsung+galaxy+s8+screen+protector+(et+fg950ctegww,+plastic)-ecom-buy_20170601&s_kwcid=AL!281!3!188748213534!!!g!!&ef_id=WOU8cwAAAOpsETSg:20170601071258:s

Quite a reasonable price actually if so :)

Is the top cut out bit quite discreet?

You get 2 in the pack, you can see the protector if that's what you mean. There's videos on YouTube reviewing it.

Back
Top Bottom