**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Permabanned
I don't have any complaints with the Galaxy S8 Plus either, it's a solid phone.

If I had to ask Samsung for anything it would be something similar to HDR+ from the Pixel devices and maybe some optimization for the interface. Not because I see any lag, (I don't) but because it does so appallingly bad in those silly speedtests.

Sadly a lot of people pay attention to them and until they address the issue it gives "reviewers" and trolls ammunition to trash talk Samsung products.

Soldato
So if I was going to send my GS8+ back it needed to go today - I just can't bring myself to do it. Yes, the £700 would look better in my bank than Amazon's, but I'm smitten with the phone. I don't think I could stomach going back to the GS7 Edge!

I had a similar problem last year! I ordered an S7E, absolutely loved it, but in the end decided I wanted the £600 so sent it back on the last day of eligibility.

I ended up buying another one a couple of months later cos I decided I made the wrong decision.

Basically, if you love it and can afford to keep it, keep it! :D

Associate
And you speak for everyone else do you .....

well samsung are very clear on their update policy and they alternated xeu and btu (unlocked) devices update structure. neither would get every monthly security patch.

it was standard for everyone. they didn't make an exception for you. lol

Soldato
Just had another update. I was on G950FXXU1AQF7 and have now been offered this. Anyone else seen any other improvements than what it mentions? I've not seen anything other than that it's now on the July security update.

Screenshot_20170722-214336.png

Associate
Finally made the decision to upgrade my s6 to the S8+. I am quite impressed so far.

I managed it get the S8+ with EE for £44 per month on their max plan with 25Gb of data and unlimited text and minutes. £20 upfront.

Associate
well samsung are very clear on their update policy and they alternated xeu and btu (unlocked) devices update structure. neither would get every monthly security patch.

it was standard for everyone. they didn't make an exception for you. lol
Lol indeed ....

Back
Top Bottom