**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Caporegime
Forced into early upgrade after going overboard with S7E.

Just picked one up from CPW (phone only), it has 3 seals, two of which say not to accept if seal is broken, however the lower two seals had been clearly cut.

Everything looks in tact / screen protectors / wrapping on all accessories, hoping CPW perhaps open them to check contents? Any ideas if I should be concerned?

Associate
I dropped my phone on gravel. I was using the official Samsung LED case. I dropped my phone on chest height (im 5'7") and when the phone hit the gravel it popped out of the case and flipped on the gravel a few times. My tempered glass cracked but the screen survived flawlessly. However, the gravel left deep scratch/scuff marks on the top part of the metal frame :( If only the case offered full all round protection my phone would still be flawless.

Associate
So people finally got hold of this phone and cant decide what protector to get, has to be a good one as the screen is what it all is about, but honestly this screen protector thing is so long winded, and only for this phone as for all the others its been easy

which ones has everyone else got?

Soldato
So people finally got hold of this phone and cant decide what protector to get, has to be a good one as the screen is what it all is about, but honestly this screen protector thing is so long winded, and only for this phone as for all the others its been easy

which ones has everyone else got?

Never put one on, had no issues with scratches either, just taking general care i.e. not putting it in the same pocket as keys/coins etc.

I did try a few, but they all impact the screen in one way or another.

Associate
a lot of others have done this, only issue i have is that the job i do means i could be on building site and such so really want some type of protection if poss

Soldato
Slightly embarrassing, my works Samsung J5 mobile has got July security update and my s8+ on three network still on April 2017 security update.

Guess it's Three delaying it :( (need to stay on three firmware cos of wifi calling)

Back
Top Bottom