**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Soldato
a lot of others have done this, only issue i have is that the job i do means i could be on building site and such so really want some type of protection if poss

I put mine in a case thinking I was doing the right thing, sand got in somehow and scratched the metal rim to hell. I now have to use a case to hide the mess.

Associate
Never put one on, had no issues with scratches either, just taking general care i.e. not putting it in the same pocket as keys/coins etc.

I did try a few, but they all impact the screen in one way or another.

Not bothered with one either. Take care to keep separate to keys and what have you. Most look to be ill fitting and spoil the look and feel of the phone. I have a case mostly for a better grip but does provide some protection.

Soldato
Still not impressed with the glass on the S8 over the s7 edge. I have at least 2 scratches that can be felt with the fingernail. Luckily not really impacting the view with screen on. I sold my S7E for £300 after a year and it was immaculate even without a protector., so i know how to look after phones.

Will certainly make me think twice about my next samsung purchase.

The curved screen just doesn't lend itself to any kind of protector.

Associate
So people finally got hold of this phone and cant decide what protector to get, has to be a good one as the screen is what it all is about, but honestly this screen protector thing is so long winded, and only for this phone as for all the others its been easy

which ones has everyone else got?

I got the whitestone dome tempered glass one and it's holding up very well. Not cheap though.
You can read up about it on XDA
https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...itestone-dome-glass-screen-protector-t3596124

Associate
Been happy with my Moto X Play and £20 sim only deal from ee for the last 2 years , will never go back to buying a phone monthly , well that was until i got an email offering me an S8+ for £42.99 a month and folded.
Delivery tomorrow cant wait :)

Associate
Just got offered one of these with EE for £31.99 month with 24.99 upfront and includes 10gb data. My s6 edge is still going strong, but always love a new toy. Seems a pretty decent deal :)

Soldato
Three finally pushed out AQG7 to my Three S8+

Ive installed it and seems ok apart from going into settings now crashes Settings :/

ive tried to clear cache in recovery mode but not worked

any ideas?

Associate
A reset might do it but you've the pain of setting it up again. You could also refresh the firmware with Smart Switch but again it'd need setting up.

I'd initially check with Three on the off chance others have reported it and a fix is on the way.

Soldato
A reset might do it but you've the pain of setting it up again. You could also refresh the firmware with Smart Switch but again it'd need setting up.

I'd initially check with Three on the off chance others have reported it and a fix is on the way.

hi, got fed up and did a hard reset via recovery mode, seems to working ok now, just have to set the phone up, shouldnt take too long.

Man of Honour
Q5 update today on my sim free Samsung supplied S8+

Seems ridiculous considering it's a sim free phone and we are now on Q7 for other variants :rolleyes:

All the more reason I want to go Pixel XL2 to avoid all these delayed updates. Sim free phones should take priority over carrier phones as well!

It's a good thing Substratum etc have been keeping me busy lol.

Underboss
Rights gents,

Have both my S8s arriving today, I need some recommends on apps, cases and accessories - I haven't kept up with the latest must haves as I'm still using an S5.

Any help would be great.

Soldato
So grabbed one of these off Amazon from Amazon themselves at £599 (supposedly brand new) the other day and it turned up today. However it's clearly a refurb as there is a small mark on the back, and the accessories are all S7 accessories (micro USB charger etc.). Amazon gave me a £120 discount which is cool, but I'm a bit concerned where I stand on warranty. They told me it was all kosher but I'm clearly not the first owner and I wouldn't want Samsung to try and worm their way out of warranty support if something happened. Any thoughts?

Man of Honour
The adaptive fast charger block is the same as the one that comes with the S7 anyway, so that's fine. Sounds like whoever returned it chucked in the wrong cable with it is all. You can just buy a Samsung USB C cable easily. The warranty matters for the phone itself.

Register the phone on Samsung's website under your Samsung account and that way it's in the system. If it ever needs to be sent in, Samsung will request for the phone only with nothing else in the box.

Man of Honour
They're £20 online, so you can expect £20 sound quality :D

Rights gents,

Have both my S8s arriving today, I need some recommends on apps, cases and accessories - I haven't kept up with the latest must haves as I'm still using an S5.

Any help would be great.

Nova Launcher is a great homescreen replacement that gives you more customisation and features than you can shake a stick at. Throw on Substratum and Swift Dark, and you've got a combined look and feel that resembles a stock Android device, but with the added OEM nice stuff.

Back
Top Bottom