**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Associate
still can't decide, s8 or s8+

S8 feels more comfortable but not night and day difference

Whereas S8+ is only marginally more expensive but feel like it has a lot more display real estate and battery tests on youtube suggest it has approx 10% more juice

Has anyone here bought the S8 and wished they go the S8+? or other way around? If so, why?

Soldato
Got the S8+ and wished i got the S8.

The S8+ is too big ie i can't put it in my trouser pocket for fear of sitting down/bending and it cracking.

But it is a great phone.

Soldato
Got the S8+ and wished i got the S8.

The S8+ is too big ie i can't put it in my trouser pocket for fear of sitting down/bending and it cracking.

But it is a great phone.

S8+ is a Cracking phone but choose again I'd go for the normal s8, for the reasons listed above.

Productivity wise the size is great and the screen is just beautiful.

Associate
it was a close call for me but went with the s8.. glad i did as it fits great in the front pocket of my jeans/trousers and don't notice it when driving

Soldato
Get some jeans with normal size pockets then, I don't have any trousers or jeans that I can't fit a phone in the front pocket of :p

Associate
Decided to go with the S8. Tried them both again at CPW and the S8 just feels exactly right in the hand whereas I think the extra width of the S8+ makes it feel slightly uncomfortable for me.

Placed an order for unlocked s8 from GiffGaff for 579 +10 goody bag which I'll cancel straight after receiving. There was cheaper alternatives but all grey imports it looks like and don't really want that

Now as for cases...the only kind of case I'd want for it is something which covers the frame of the phone (top, sides, back). I'm thinking one of the following but wondering if any of you have tried and can give feedback?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Original-Clear-Phone-Cover/dp/B01N6Y63QU/ref=sr_1_15?s=telephone&rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1505657082&sr=1-15&keywords=samsung+s8&refinements=p_76:419158031&th=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XP521V1/ref=psdc_340321031_t1_B06XCWQPDX

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Obliq-resi...es-21&linkId=7a1b36f7826810fa715399f44b9bc438

Last edited:
Associate
I've had the S8 since launch date, it's a nice phone. Good size so fits in ones pocket easily and I have no trouble when I want to use it for Youtube or Netflix etc. The screen is sublime. Battery life is about as bad as the S7e I upgraded from, so no change there.

Only problem I've found is the glass on the front and back seems to be made out of cheese. Front has some nasty scratches in it already, and the back smashed after falling 6 inches onto the floor.

Associate

I hope you went through TCB to get an extra 45 quid off.

Out of those case options, I'd go with the Spigen or samsung original clear (plastic) or the black silicon. That oblig one is fugly as hell

Man of Honour
Does anyone know of a good slim case with a kickstand?

I currently have the Samsung slim clear case which is fine, I just would like to have a kickstand incorporated.

Permabanned
Woohoo...Bixby update lets you finally officially disable the button through the settings :)

Surely remapping officially is only a short way away.

Unless you can add restrictions to when it's activated I wouldn't want to use it, for example as a camera button it would be useful but only within the camera app. (not to launch the camera!).

Back
Top Bottom