**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Associate
Hey guys, just got an s8. Is their any decent 3rd party cast chargers available or is samsungs own one the best? Thought my one plus chargers would be fine, but doesn't charge as fast as the one supplied.

Associate
I bought my S8 (Exynos) from Amazon Italy and it came with a 2 pin charger and I don't like to charge the phone with a power converter adapter so I'm wondering could I use a Anker QC3 wall charger to charge it and will it charge faster than the Samsung one?

Soldato
Had some issues with UI lag and poor battery however after a factory reset it's been the complete opposite.

Tweaked animations and I'm on course to hit 7 hours SoT, very happy!

Edit: Managed 8h10m SoT, never thought it would be possible! That's at about 50% brightness through the duration of SoT.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi all, ordered my S8 today. My last Samsung was an S4, been a Nexus (6 and 6p) user since then. Got a half decent upgrade deal with Three who I've been with for a while on a sim-only contract, no upfront cost and £37 a month for AYCE texts and minutes plus 30GB data.

Phone should be here Tuesday :)

Associate
anyone have a recommendation for a FAST wireless charging pad alternative to the official samsung pad? don't wanna spend 50 quid on one. This is for UK exynos s8

Soldato
Hi all, ordered my S8 today. My last Samsung was an S4, been a Nexus (6 and 6p) user since then. Got a half decent upgrade deal with Three who I've been with for a while on a sim-only contract, no upfront cost and £37 a month for AYCE texts and minutes plus 30GB data.

Phone should be here Tuesday :)

Was this on the essential or advanced plan?

Soldato
That's on the essential plan, I wasn't too bothered by having the advanced plan really.

I was hoping you were going to say advanced. Not sure why Three care if you tether and it seems a bit cheeky that they charge more for it. I have come from a Three contract with tethering to one without and it has been missed at times.

Associate
Can anyone recommend me a decent screen on notification s app like an iPhone.

Ideally id like when I get a notification it turns the screen on bypasses the AOD and shows the lock screen with the notification.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Thankyou

Soldato
I was hoping you were going to say advanced. Not sure why Three care if you tether and it seems a bit cheeky that they charge more for it. I have come from a Three contract with tethering to one without and it has been missed at times.

The tethering is the only thing I might miss, it is a bit rubbish really, but I rarely ever tether these days. If I know I'm needing it I might buy a data sim card or something.

Back
Top Bottom