**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Associate
I got a wet application plastic screen protector and I have to say I am impressed so far, application was easy and I have zero bubbles, including on the curved edges, will have to to see how it holds up but so far impressed. As a bonus the screen protector hides the tiny marks on the screen, so it now looks pristine again.

Permabanned
Just a thin case for me to protect the back of the phone, I'm careful with my phones so not really concerned with excessive protection.

Ruins the feel of them imo.

Soldato
I got a wet application plastic screen protector and I have to say I am impressed so far, application was easy and I have zero bubbles, including on the curved edges, will have to to see how it holds up but so far impressed. As a bonus the screen protector hides the tiny marks on the screen, so it now looks pristine again.

How are you getting on with the switch from the iPhone? I am still debating between the S8 and iPhone X.

Associate
How are you getting on with the switch from the iPhone? I am still debating between the S8 and iPhone X.

Pretty good so far, as I mentioned in earlier post I had photos, contacts, music and calendar already on google services on iPhone so really only losing imessage. iPhone is more polished app wise and transitions feel smoother on iOS etc but Android gives you a lot more options so it's a trade and it's only a tiny bit behind on those things. But I think the value for money is better in Android at the moment, to get a similar phone on Apple you have to go for the X (Screen wise anyway which is what made me move)

Associate
I put a whitestone dome on the other day and it looks/feels pretty dam good.

Not sure about other cases but it fits fine with my clearview

When you apply the glue, what stops it getting into/over top speaker when it squishes out applying glass protector?

I've left my S8 screen bare and to date wearing well with to marks. I sent it back for repair via carphone warehouse under warranty as top speaker failed. Repair report said they had replaced both front and back glass too for some reason. No mention of speaker but it was repaired. It also said they had replaced the battery.

I reset phone before sending for repair. All reloaded and set up fine. One question - how do I get rid of the annoying Bixby vision message every time I open camera app? I thought I had all Bixby stuff disabled using package Disabler.

Soldato
Pretty good so far, as I mentioned in earlier post I had photos, contacts, music and calendar already on google services on iPhone so really only losing imessage. iPhone is more polished app wise and transitions feel smoother on iOS etc but Android gives you a lot more options so it's a trade and it's only a tiny bit behind on those things. But I think the value for money is better in Android at the moment, to get a similar phone on Apple you have to go for the X (Screen wise anyway which is what made me move)

Thanks for the feed back. I have added all my photos and contacts to google and will be trying out google keep for my reminders and notes so I can sync everything with my iPad.

My biggest concern is reading of system lag and loosing things like backwards swipe to go back or touching the top of a page to scroll to the top. Also things like spotlight search and podcasts which I use a fair bit, I am guessing there are plenty of decent podcast apps out there to try out.

Is there anything you are finding a nice bonus from moving platforms ie any features that are not on the iphone?

Associate
been using S8 for 2 days now. coming from S7. It's a great phone, but that fingerprint sensor placement is just bad. what were they thinking?

It's the one thing I miss from my S6. Press the home button with my thumb, which switches the screen on and unlocks the phone using my thumb print. Now it's now where near as practical.

Soldato
When you apply the glue, what stops it getting into/over top speaker when it squishes out applying glass protector?

I've left my S8 screen bare and to date wearing well with to marks. I sent it back for repair via carphone warehouse under warranty as top speaker failed. Repair report said they had replaced both front and back glass too for some reason. No mention of speaker but it was repaired. It also said they had replaced the battery.

I reset phone before sending for repair. All reloaded and set up fine. One question - how do I get rid of the annoying Bixby vision message every time I open camera app? I thought I had all Bixby stuff disabled using package Disabler.

Nothing I guess, I had a small bit come out the top but just mopped it up as I went. Doesnt seem to have caused an issue.

Soldato
Anyone point me towards a good case for the s8? Preferably a slim/low profile one. Something that might give it half a chance of surviving a drop.

Soldato
Soldato
I seen the Punkcase waterproof case and i really like it and it is also showing as half price on their site but how long would it take to arrive as i am unsure if it comes from the US.

Anyone have it ? :)

Soldato
How are people managing their contacts as Samsung on orders alphabetically you can't adjust to a custom order, wife>brother>mum etc?

And the folder app name order is the same you can't set this alphabetically :(

Back
Top Bottom