**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Associate
How are people managing their contacts as Samsung on orders alphabetically you can't adjust to a custom order, wife>brother>mum etc?

And the folder app name order is the same you can't set this alphabetically :(

I just have people I call a lot in favorites which puts them on top, but I only call three or four people on a regular basis so that works well for me.

Associate
I've finally decided to go for the S8. :)

A week in now and still really enjoying the S8+ here, the differences between Android and iOS just take a little while to get used to. I don't think you will regret getting the S8, the only thing I could see at this point ruining the experience would be the phone developing bad lag say after six months, but hopefully that won't happen :)

Soldato
A week in now and still really enjoying the S8+ here, the differences between Android and iOS just take a little while to get used to. I don't think you will regret getting the S8, the only thing I could see at this point ruining the experience would be the phone developing bad lag say after six months, but hopefully that won't happen :)

Phone arrived yesterday, I've not had much time with it but so far so good. The display is superb and seems to be loads of things to setup and a few things to get used to.

Associate
Had mine since launch, battery seems to be getting a lot worse. I know battery deteriorates but it has only been 6 months or so. Anyone experiencing the same?

Caporegime
I thought these phones were suppose to be much better for battery life longevity, didn't samsung make a big song and dance about this??? Also, pretty sure mrk posted something about the wear and tear being far better than previous samsung phones?

Soldato
which wireless charger do you guys recommend?

I've got an S8 coming next week, upgrading from a oneplus 3. Just getting a bit fed up of the camera on current phone

Associate
Had mine since launch, battery seems to be getting a lot worse. I know battery deteriorates but it has only been 6 months or so. Anyone experiencing the same?

Had mine since May and also noticing this :( Power saving mode helps but I hardly ever had to use it when I first got the phone.

Soldato

My phone gets hammered. I can spend a couple of hours a day on the phone (calls). I was amazed when I first got the phone. Not so much now. Samsung said the batteries do deteriorate but only to something like 90% after 2 years normal usage. Thats not what I'm experiencing since march

Associate
The S8 and plus really need Samsung experience 8.5. They’ve done a fantastic job with optimisation with the Note 8. It is super fast and it’s nit just down the the ram.

Soldato
My phone gets hammered. I can spend a couple of hours a day on the phone (calls). I was amazed when I first got the phone. Not so much now. Samsung said the batteries do deteriorate but only to something like 90% after 2 years normal usage. Thats not what I'm experiencing since march

Could it be down to certain apps using more power or more stuff installed on the handset since you first bought it?

Soldato
Could it be down to certain apps using more power or more stuff installed on the handset since you first bought it?

It could be. I do run the optimiser thingy and that shuts down any apps. I also "Close All" regularly. Maybe having my browser open with 48 tabs isn't helping

Associate
When I first got mine a charge would allow me to do what I wanted day and night

I am currently charging twice a day.

Wouldn't this be a warranty issue? Surely if battery is running like 50% of its expected charge only 6 months into ownership there's a problem?

Back
Top Bottom