**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Soldato
Guys I currently have a Spigen case for my S8 but the rubber seems to have rubbed away from the side where I hold the phone, are there any other slim cases people would recommend?

Also a recommendation on a wireless charging unit would be good!

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
Guys I currently have a Spigen case for my S8 but the rubber seems to have rubbed away from the side where I hold the phone, are there any other slim cases people would recommend?

Also a recommendation on a wireless charging unit would be good!

Thanks

I have a Ringke F S Series. Good case, wearing well.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
I've got both the samsung wireless fast charger and the slim clear case which came with my s8. Both very good.

Same here, found the slim clear case nice just lacked a bit of protection top and bottom for me in work so now using a Spigen liquid air armour, for me cracking balance of protection and size.

Soldato
They forgot to add the note about new bloatware in the form of the LinkedIn app :rolleyes:

Can only disable it, not uninstall!

I'm sure people will get over it, it's not quite the end of the world people are making it out to be on the beta forum lol

edit: and you can still uninstall it with ADB of course, no root required :)

Code:
[ADB] pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.linkedin.android

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Seems fine so far. Some new animations notably with iris scanning, pretty cool. Iris scanning performance seems faster too, and in daylight outside it picks up quicker as well.

Associate
I'm sure people will get over it, it's not quite the end of the world people are making it out to be on the beta forum lol

I don't know why they insist on forcing these apps on us? If I wanted to use it then pretty sure I could manage to get it off the store. Not an issue as you say. We're not frigging children, Samsung you idiots.

Caporegime
Can't wait for the final orea build :cool:

Have to say I don't quite miss the quick/official updates from google now since not a lot changes now and also because those new versions are usually quite buggy......

Also, GS 9 confirmed for 29th February.

Will be interesting to see what they do differently to the gs 8 in terms of design.

EDIT:

And my dbrand still hasn't arrived :(

Soldato
I can't see the s9 being much more than a refinement of the s8 to be honest. The decent upgrades seem to be every two years. I'll be hanging onto my s8 for at least another year, maybe even two.

Anyone know when Oreo is likely to be released for the s8? I'm guessing around February time.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Everything points to the S9 being a refinement. The camera and SoC will be the biggest changes for it. Maybe that alone will be worth an upgrade for some.

Back
Top Bottom