**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Associate
I may have missed the point, but Oreo isn't a big improvement over nougat. I'm not excusing Samsung either as why it's not been pushed out only they know. They're always as slow as an asmatic slug. Timely updates are always good but don't think you're missing a lot! If you want fast updates then a Pixel is the way to go unless Google take charge of OS updates which with Samsung wouldn't be a bad thing. Problem with Samsung is they hang so much junk to the OS and take any opportunity to do so (LinkedIn etc). Why they do this as most owners can install the rubbish (I won't say crap) themselves.

Soldato
I may have missed the point, but Oreo isn't a big improvement over nougat. I'm not excusing Samsung either as why it's not been pushed out only they know. They're always as slow as an asmatic slug. Timely updates are always good but don't think you're missing a lot! If you want fast updates then a Pixel is the way to go unless Google take charge of OS updates which with Samsung wouldn't be a bad thing. Problem with Samsung is they hang so much junk to the OS and take any opportunity to do so (LinkedIn etc). Why they do this as most owners can install the rubbish (I won't say crap) themselves.

According to my S8. I'm still on 1st dec security patch!
Back to a Google phone this year.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Used to love getting updates fast but not so much now. Google's hardware lacks too much and cost too much for what you get, at least on release and plus Samsung has a lot of Oreo features already.

But yes, for a company like Samsung, they really should be getting updates out much quicker!

Soldato
mentioned earlier that s8+ stopped fast charging...popped to samsung store/repair centre and they confirmed that USB port is dying and needs to be replaced...need to find some time to leave it with them for few days...
not that impressed...thought that usb C was supposed to be more reliable...

Associate
Samsung are truly shocking with their software updates. Way too slow.

If Google could get their pixel phones right, I'd definitely consider switching next time I'm in the market for a new phone.

We all went Google to step up but they always drop the ball with a serious **** up.

Samsung weakest feature is software yet they've drastically overhauled it so it' now just as good as stock android.

Google have yet to sort out terrible build quality, 2nd rate screens, bare bones software with little flare, flagship features such as wireless charging, sd card slot option and most of all the price.

What they offer for the price considering how low down the pecking order they are in terms of brand is shocking. 900.00 quid for an s9 plus makes sense.

The price of the pixel needed dropping by 20 to 30 percent on launch of they're going to keep not quite being a flagship.

If they lower the price for a few years and still have round the clock promo on tv add the missing flagship features, the pixel will reign supreme.

Google just don't seem to care. They'e more interested in mining data through their search engine.

They'e priorities are lacking compared to Samsung's priorities with the s range.

Associate
Anyone actually use Bixby?

I’ve tried a couple of times it seems pretty unreliable. Need something for when I’m driving to answer phone with voice etc.

Agree on software updates and I’m coming from a Huawei!

Associate
Is it actually rolling out to Voda UK?
I'm on S8+ from Carphone Warehouse on a Vodafone contract so will i get it with the Vodafone release or sim free
My CSC is XEU as far as i can tell

Back
Top Bottom