**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus Thread ****

Soldato
I don't know if it is just me or the phone, but the earphones that came with it (AKG?) sound really tinny, (without earphones sounds fine). I have gone through all the settings, turned Dolby Atmos on, even made a custom setting there just doesn't sound like there is any bass at all, is this right? I have come from a HTC U11 using the uSonic/boom sound though, so I have probably been spoilt with that!

Soldato
I don't know if it is just me or the phone, but the earphones that came with it (AKG?) sound really tinny, (without earphones sounds fine). I have gone through all the settings, turned Dolby Atmos on, even made a custom setting there just doesn't sound like there is any bass at all, is this right? I have come from a HTC U11 using the uSonic/boom sound though, so I have probably been spoilt with that!

It is just you. Mine are fine for bass. I probably still want a better pair though.

Associate

trying using bigger buds, worked for me

Soldato
So my sons 9+ has got a black splodge on his rear camera only on the wide angle shots , we took to the local Samsung service centre and they've ok'd a warranty replacement but none instock till Monday so brought the phone home.

We noticed if we tap the phone we can move the splodge about and move it out of view but it returns when his pocket :p

Soldato
So my sons 9+ has got a black splodge on his rear camera only on the wide angle shots , we took to the local Samsung service centre and they've ok'd a warranty replacement but none instock till Monday so brought the phone home.

We noticed if we tap the phone we can move the splodge about and move it out of view but it returns when his pocket :p

That's fluid under the lens, then. I'd advise not using the phone in case it's a battery leak.

Associate
Anyone having any issues with the brightness going higher itself?. I've got it set to auto and usually stays just less than half way which is fine. Before when using it at night it would dim a bit so was day on the eyes. However for the past week I've noticed that when I go away from the home screen it gets really bright but the brightness level is still at the same level. When I go back to the home screen it goes back to the normal level.

Associate
Anyone having any issues with the brightness going higher itself?. I've got it set to auto and usually stays just less than half way which is fine. Before when using it at night it would dim a bit so was day on the eyes. However for the past week I've noticed that when I go away from the home screen it gets really bright but the brightness level is still at the same level. When I go back to the home screen it goes back to the normal level.

I booted it up into safe mode and issue wasn't occuring. Rebooted back into normal mode and all is ok so far, thinking it's one of the apps that was causing it. Will see if it happens again when using an app.

Associate
Peeps, after a little help please.

My wife has an S9 and has an unusual issue when trying to "share" facebook posts on her phone.

When she clicks the facebook "share" button under a post, there is no option to "send as message". see below screenshot

I have a Note 8 and I have the option

Both are running oreo and both sets of facebook and facebook messenger apps are fully up to date.

It's been ongoing ever since she had the phone, I've just never been able to find a reason for it. We have tried numerous re-installs as well :(

Any ideas?

Soldato
Found a deal for a friend earlier on uswitch.

S9+ 128gb for £38 p/m on 02 with 30GB data and unlimited calls/text, £50 upfront.

Seems quite a bargain when you think about it.

Associate
Peeps, after a little help please.

My wife has an S9 and has an unusual issue when trying to "share" facebook posts on her phone.

When she clicks the facebook "share" button under a post, there is no option to "send as message". see below screenshot

I have a Note 8 and I have the option

Both are running oreo and both sets of facebook and facebook messenger apps are fully up to date.

It's been ongoing ever since she had the phone, I've just never been able to find a reason for it. We have tried numerous re-installs as well :(

Any ideas?

I tried on my s9 and can see the option to send as message. Have you checked the app permissions incase something is being blocked/denied on the s9? Checked if any updates for the phone itself (not FB app) is needing installed? Also seems extreme but done a full factory reset on the s9?

Associate
I tried on my s9 and can see the option to send as message. Have you checked the app permissions incase something is being blocked/denied on the s9? Checked if any updates for the phone itself (not FB app) is needing installed? Also seems extreme but done a full factory reset on the s9?

Thanks for confirming. At least now I know it's defo just her handset.

No outstanding updates for apps or the phone.

Reviewed app permissions and allowed all just to be sure. Only thing left to do is a full factory reset :(

Soldato
Bought one of those cheap Dex docks to try desktop mode with my S9, it's surprisingly good! I doubt I'll use it much, but some of the offices I work in have hotdesks which I can plug into - so it will be ideal if I forget my laptop or it's being repaired. I could probably do 50% of my usual work with it.

It's a shame Samsung don't release a laptop dock for the phone, like the Asus ones from a few years ago. I doubt there would be much demand though.

Associate

Reviewed app permissions and allowed all just to be sure. Only thing left to do is a full factory reset :(

Unfortunately it's prob the only thing left. It might just be a weird setting somewhere but who knows what it is or it could be another app interfering with it but I doubt that.

If you end up doing a full reset then after it i'd only install FB and see if you can see the option then before adding the other apps.

Soldato

Sorry for stating the obvious but have you restarted the phone?

If you have, have you cleared cache in recovery mode?

Associate
Just phoned three aboutupgrading my current Sim only conteact with 8 months left to get an S9.

The offered me the S9 with 30gb of data advanced plan for £35 a month without an upfront cost.

I still had to pay for the remainder of the contract however hey discounted the remainder by 30%, so roughly £78 up front for that. Phone arrives on Wednesday, can’t wait! I am honestly surprised on how good this deal is.

nam

nam

Soldato
Hi,
I am looking to replace my Galaxy S7 with a Galaxy S9 , i would like to get the Hybrid version but only found the 64GB version on the Rainforest site (Not a third party seller). Does the 128GB Hybrid (Dual Sim) exist for the UK Market ?

Back
Top Bottom