**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus Thread ****

Soldato
From rumours i'm expecting them to go big as it's their 10th anniversary, they are £699 from Very but with my gift card i can get it for £549, expecting the S10 to be £850+ when it's out and the S10+ to be £1000+.

So the S9 for £549 isn't bad at all i don't think.

Not a bad price at all, what are you using at the moment? Feb/March is only a few months away and I'm sure time will fly by.

I expect S9 prices to drop to sub £500 once the S10 is revealed.

Soldato
I flashed Pie this morning. I'm liking having it back and now Google pay works etc. I bought myself a USB C to HDMI adapter which also has USB and USB C on it. I have found that by using that and a USB mouse with the PSU through the USB C port, I can run the phone in dex mode which basically turns it into a laptop on the TV.

1r5qjvsl.jpg
znW0OBH.jpg
faUnfU1

Last edited:
Soldato
I have one of the S9+ on the way.
Was wondering what a good feather like case for work use, nothing to obstructive.
A good tough case for teh gym
And good wirelss charger ( flat back one), I kn ow Samsung has there own but seem steep in price for what they are.

Soldato
I have one of the S9+ on the way.
Was wondering what a good feather like case for work use, nothing to obstructive.
A good tough case for teh gym
And good wirelss charger ( flat back one), I kn ow Samsung has there own but seem steep in price for what they are.

As used on my S9+:

Case
Charger
Power supply for charger

Wireless charging is a bit of a pain, as you have to get the phone just right, or the charge base will start flashing like a Police car after a few minutes - not sure if that's a general issue, or something specific to that charger. Other than this, it's fine!

The case is very slimline, adds a tiny amount of bulk to the phone, but is probably only going to prtect it from small falls, and scratches.

I also have one of these fitted, it's a very good protector, easy to fit, though mine does have a small 'oily' affect under on area of the screen; though you only see it when it is off.

Soldato
As used on my S9+:

Case
Charger
Power supply for charger

Wireless charging is a bit of a pain, as you have to get the phone just right, or the charge base will start flashing like a Police car after a few minutes - not sure if that's a general issue, or something specific to that charger. Other than this, it's fine!

The case is very slimline, adds a tiny amount of bulk to the phone, but is probably only going to prtect it from small falls, and scratches.

I also have one of these fitted, it's a very good protector, easy to fit, though mine does have a small 'oily' affect under on area of the screen; though you only see it when it is off.
Great stuff cheers, will get some of those ordered.

Soldato
Why would you pay that much for spigen when the pad and mains together get you super close or maybe even over samsung original?

At the time, the Samsung pad was much more expensive, I was also unaware that the Spigen pad didn't come with a power supply - only a USB lead. To be fair, I could have just re-used the charger that came with the S9+, but I opted to order the additional charger, as I could make use of the extra USB port it offered.

Soldato
They just came off a bunch of xmas offers.. To be honest you can normally find things like EP-PG950TBEGGB for not far over £30 with a mains.

You do have to run the gauntlet of amazon marketplace or similar but from a decent seller you should be ok.

On there at the moment at about £36, it's also the convertible which does standing or flat. Someone has listed it as an S8 charger which is silly, they're all compatible with each other.

Back
Top Bottom