**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus Thread ****

Associate
Anyone got a recommendation for a screen protector for my S9? Only got it in sep and already have 2 small scratches on it (my S7 didn't have any after 2 1/2 years without one :()

I've got a Dome Glass, glass screen protector on my S9+ and it is recommended. Less recommended is how much they cost!! An alternative I've heard aren't bad is Alinsea Glass screen protector. I think it's a similar sort of thing to the Dome Glass but a lot cheaper. Both available at Amazon. I had an S8 for a year without a screen protector on and it never took any fault. Only had the S9+ for a week and it started to pick up marks on the glass display.

Sold the S8 to swap for the S9+ as regretted not getting the larger S8+. Otherwise a move from S8 to S9 is hardly worth it as I expect the move to an S10 will probably be. Going on rumoured release pricing of S10 variants then I will defo stick with the S9+. I'll soon have had my S9 a year and have no desire to swap for anything as more than happy with it. My sim only contract expired early Jan and toyed with the idea of an Iphone XS or it's larger stable mate. Borrowed the mrs's old iPhone 6S+ and set it up to use. Gave it a good go and suppose now I could use an iPhone if I had too but not enough to want to leave Android and the S9 :cool: I can see why they appeal - just not to me! Anyway, I went sim only for another 12 months...

Soldato
So is it worth waiting for the S10 release to buy an S9 on contract? The misses needs an upgrade and just wondered if it's worth waiting until Feb 20th onwards for a better deal.

Associate
So .... is the s9 a considerable update from s7 . Have to say I've had the s7 for a couple of years with no problems what's so ever . I'm torn between the Google pixel 3 and the s9 ,which would you go for . Camera performance is important to me .

Thanks
Sean

Soldato
So .... is the s9 a considerable update from s7 . Have to say I've had the s7 for a couple of years with no problems what's so ever . I'm torn between the Google pixel 3 and the s9 ,which would you go for . Camera performance is important to me .

Thanks
Sean

The S9 camera is no slouch, but the Pixel has the best camera you can get on any smartphone.

Associate
Since upgrading to pie, Samsung Health refuses to not be active. Initially had the "updating" notification at the top for it which wouldn't go away to all even after a couple of hours. Decided to run it, activate it but then within Samsung Health I went to settings>erase data which would normally then stop it from running it now doesn't do anything at all when selecting the option.
Anyone else having similar issues with it?

Edit: Managed to get it stopped from App Manager, just need to hope it doesn't pop back up again in an hour or so.

Last edited:
Associate
The S9 camera is no slouch, but the Pixel has the best camera you can get on any smartphone.

Does the google pixel 3 resolution stack up against the s9 . Its been said that the Huawei 20 pro is one of the best out there ,I've yet to see evidence of this . My friend has one and I wasn't that impressed by the results .

Thanks
Sean

Associate
Since upgrading to pie, Samsung Health refuses to not be active. Initially had the "updating" notification at the top for it which wouldn't go away to all even after a couple of hours. Decided to run it, activate it but then within Samsung Health I went to settings>erase data which would normally then stop it from running it now doesn't do anything at all when selecting the option.
Anyone else having similar issues with it?

Edit: Managed to get it stopped from App Manager, just need to hope it doesn't pop back up again in an hour or so.

Ah well didn't last that long, 2hrs later it's popped back up again.

Soldato
Does the google pixel 3 resolution stack up against the s9 . Its been said that the Huawei 20 pro is one of the best out there ,I've yet to see evidence of this . My friend has one and I wasn't that impressed by the results .

Thanks
Sean

Both are 12mp so same resolution.

The Mate 20 Pro is one of the best, but you do need to get creative in manual mode to get the best out of it, whereas the Pixel offers the best point and shoot giving you great pics 9/10 times.

Associate
So is it worth waiting for the S10 release to buy an S9 on contract? The misses needs an upgrade and just wondered if it's worth waiting until Feb 20th onwards for a better deal.

You may as well wait if for nothing else the S9 range may take a price cut. Certainly if the leaks are true the S10 range could be expensive.

Associate
You may as well wait if for nothing else the S9 range may take a price cut. Certainly if the leaks are true the S10 range could be expensive.

I've been thinking about waiting ,not for the s10 because the price will be bloated as usual with new phones .
I'm still uncertain what to go for between the Huawei mate ,Google pixel 3 or stick with samsung s9 plus . Information overload at the moment .

Sean

Soldato
Pretty unimpressed with the S9 battery, my iPhone X was a lot better.

Took the S9 off charge at 5am this morning and with no apps running, it's currently at 85%.

I could take my X off charge and still be at 99% after a few hours.

Soldato
S9 deals are getting better.
  • 9GB Data
  • Unlimited Minutes
  • Unlimited Texts
  • 24 Month Contract
  • EE Nano SIM Card
£28pm no up front cost from MPD. Tempted but not sure if I should wait some more...

Caporegime
Doing exactly the same for my Mrs, I would wait until at least the S10 launch event, it's not that far away.

Ideally I would like a deal like that for ~£25pm.

Soldato
Is £72 over 2 years really that much of a barrier? Or less than a coffee a month?

Just curious, I don't buy my phones at all let alone like that but it seems like a strange criteria?

Soldato
Pretty unimpressed with the S9 battery, my iPhone X was a lot better.

Took the S9 off charge at 5am this morning and with no apps running, it's currently at 85%.

I could take my X off charge and still be at 99% after a few hours.

Yikes, something's off with your device.

I often finish the day, with light use (mainly music), with about 65-75% battery remaining - on an S9+ mind.

I'd be digging in your settings to see whether Android has something like constant wifi/bluetooth scanning on, and whether Maps is using high accuracy mode...

Back
Top Bottom