**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus Thread ****

Soldato
Yikes, something's off with your device.

I often finish the day, with light use (mainly music), with about 65-75% battery remaining - on an S9+ mind.

I'd be digging in your settings to see whether Android has something like constant wifi/bluetooth scanning on, and whether Maps is using high accuracy mode...
Found the issue, maps and Google drive using a constant data connection! No wonder it was draining quick..

Associate
S9 deals are getting better.
  • 9GB Data
  • Unlimited Minutes
  • Unlimited Texts
  • 24 Month Contract
  • EE Nano SIM Card
£28pm no up front cost from MPD. Tempted but not sure if I should wait some more...

Doing exactly the same for my Mrs, I would wait until at least the S10 launch event, it's not that far away.

Ideally I would like a deal like that for ~£25pm.

Me too. My missus wants to upgrade her S7 now and I'm eyeing an S9 Plus for her now. The holy grail seems to be under £30 for me, I wonder if it will fall to that price when the S10 is launched. I've currently seen it for £32 a month which is close but she really wants it to be under £30 (shes currently only paying £24 for her S7).

Associate
My battery seems to have really improved as of the last week or so. Not sure whether it is an uninstalled app or pie/One UI/Adaptive battery kicking in... but I took my phone off charge today at 11am and I am still on 15% well over 12 hours later. 4hours 30mins SOT and pretty extensive use of Music/Skygo/browsing within that time.

Soldato
Just a heads up for anyone using Call Recorder, it no longer works. According to Killer Mobile it's been deliberately disabled with the Pie update.
Im using ACR (Another Call Recorder), and its working fine. If anyone has issues give this a try.

It finally happened. The latest updates have practically killed ACR. It records my voice perfectly but the other person is sooo quiet its a waste of time.

Damn you Google :(

I'm a bit cross with Three at the mo. My first year is up and I was expecting my free Netflix (which I don't really use) to be cancelled. I checked Netflix and saw I had not setup a payment method. I felt confident that when the 12 months free was up, they would cancel. But no, instead they have charged £7.99 to my phone bill! I will be calling them to get this sorted but be aware of this!

Well that was pointless. By the time I got the guy to understand what I wanted I had run of of break and had to hang up. I really hate it when I have to call Three. Their customer service is appalling.

Last edited:
Associate
Make sure you clear cache etc, give it a reboot etc :)

Is that boot into recovery and then clear the cache?

No probs with battery on S9+ thankfully. For some reason whatever browser I pick as default does not stick and have to pick which browser if I click a link out of email etc, every time. I use Opera but also have Chrome and Samsung browsers installed.

Associate
Hopefully someone can help me here

Not long had the s9plus and the problem i am having is that when i read the net or pdf files my screen keeps dimming and i have to tap it to wake it up.

I have turned off adaptive display,i have turned off power saving and set the screen to fhd instead of adaptive .

I cant think of anything else

Also anyone suggest a keyboard with bigger keys as my fat thumbs just dont suit this

Associate
Hopefully someone can help me here

Not long had the s9plus and the problem i am having is that when i read the net or pdf files my screen keeps dimming and i have to tap it to wake it up.

I have turned off adaptive display,i have turned off power saving and set the screen to fhd instead of adaptive .

I cant think of anything else

Also anyone suggest a keyboard with bigger keys as my fat thumbs just dont suit this

Have you tried switching on "Smart Stay"? Settings, Advanced Features, Motions and gestures, Smart Stay.

Associate
I've had a Dome Glass on since last June on a Galaxy S9 plus. Expensive but has worn really well. I work in agriculture so comes into contact with plenty of 'crud' though I try to take a little care with it. Dome glass fitted really well and edges never lifted. Phone wears a Mous case too - also expensive, but between the 2 have kept the phone in one piece.

Back
Top Bottom