The Official Samsung SM226BW Thread!

Soldato
looks like the local high-street store is sold out of these.

Really want this screen, but im not willing to go for the lottery option of ordering on line and getting the C panel. I would be happy with either the A or S tbh :/

Associate
As good as this monitor is, the whole concept of the 3 different panels of varying quality/characteristics in the monitors is a joke. All of the monitors should be identical!! Luckily I ordered mine pretty much when they were released to market so mines an S panel.

I would be interested though to see each of these panels side by side for a comparison....

Associate
Very true 3 panels in the one model lcd is some what a let down , but i have a A panel and my friend a C and from a gaming pure gaming point of view there both great lcd's no ghosting and after some messing with the settings his C dont look so bad at all (was nasty out the box tbh).So if its a gaming lcd u cant go wrong if u ask me which ever panel u get.And indeed the S is the best i am not trying to say other wise but from taking the step from a 19" image quest to this lcd i am not at all upset with my A panel and after seeing my friends C , IF i would have got one and tested it think i might well of kept it.After all there TN panels are never going to be as good color wise to other panles. But stil samsung suk for the whole 3 panel BS.

PS. his back light bleed was alittle worse than mine.

Soldato
Hey guys,

Having a bit of a display issue with this monitor atm.

Check out: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17739562

Can you just confirm for me that it safe to use the ‘Auto’ configuration settings and that this monitor should just display correctly out of the box, without any manual intervention (like in the old days of CRT) and especially not when using a DVI cable and running at the intended resolution of 1680*1050 :)

Cheers,

SW.

Associate
I have one (with no identification of panel) and I love it. I used the ICC profiles from this site and now I am really pleased with it.

As long as you are aware of the drawbacks of TN technology (viewing angles etc) then I'm sure you'll be happy too.

Associate
Indeed i got a A panel and with some messing got it looking nice.But as said the TN panels have there down falls back light bleed and viewing angle not as crisp color as other panels. But alll in all for the money (as i love gaming) you cant go wrong if u ask me.Sure if you photo edit and need chrisp colour no back light bleed then this lcd might not be for you.But i love gaming 22" without one drop of ghosting so i will be happy to put up with the few downfalls.People expect to much from TN panels after all 22" for under £250.And again shame on samsung for the whole 3 panel BS.

PC friend got a C panel the CMO one and after a week of him messing loading profiles u cant much tell the dif from mine when i went around his house.Just the back light bleed in the middle was alittle larger and the bottom and top but not by much the top and bottom the middle was however somewhat bigger.

Associate
Had a dell in the basket when noticed this back in stock so my sensible side said save £200 and get the sammy.
Same as others, I am concerned that I will get a "C" that I dislike and/or struggle to get the right colour with.

Should arrive Tue with a new Leadtek 8800gts 640mb

Hope my enermax psu can handle it!

Associate
skunksta said:
PC friend got a C panel the CMO one and after a week of him messing loading profiles u cant much tell the dif from mine when i went around his house.Just the back light bleed in the middle was alittle larger and the bottom and top but not by much the top and bottom the middle was however somewhat bigger.

Yep, my bleed is prominent in the middle although tbh under normal use it's not noticeable.

Associate
Mine's arrived this morning first thing. Says model number LS22MEWSFV/EDC but I've no idea if it's an A, C or S. Any clues. Won't be able to set it up until I get home tonight either. The curse of a working life :(

Associate
vorm said:
Mine's arrived this morning first thing. Says model number LS22MEWSFV/EDC but I've no idea if it's an A, C or S. Any clues. Won't be able to set it up until I get home tonight either. The curse of a working life :(

So it has no indication on the back of the panel?

Associate
Doesn't look like it - There is certainly no "A, C or S" sticker there.

Update; Yep, just looked again - Where others have said that it should show model "226BW [R] S" or A or C, it just says "226BW [R]"!

Last edited:
Associate
vorm said:
Doesn't look like it - There is certainly no "A, C or S" sticker there.

Update; Yep, just looked again - Where others have said that it should show model "226BW [R] S" or A or C, it just says "226BW [R]"!

Mine didn't have any indication on the back nor in the service menu. Have a look in your service menu as a last resort. Some panels, have no information in the back but do still have the service menu details!

Associate
vorm said:
Samsung look to have removed all traces then to stop all the complaints?

It seems so, obviously it was getting to a point where the only panel people wanted were the 'S' ones. So they got rid of any way of identifying which panel was which - very crafty.

Back
Top Bottom