The Official Samsung SM226BW Thread!

Associate
Tejstar said:
It seems so, obviously it was getting to a point where the only panel people wanted were the 'S' ones. So they got rid of any way of identifying which panel was which - very crafty.

Damn good idea if you ask me, as far too many people were just looking to see what panel it was and if it wasn't an 'S' they were returning them convinced they would be bad quality without even giving them a fair try.

Soldato
Euro_Hunter said:
Damn good idea if you ask me, as far too many people were just looking to see what panel it was and if it wasn't an 'S' they were returning them convinced they would be bad quality without even giving them a fair try.

It's a 'damn good idea' if the panels have very little difference between them. If on the other hand they do have significant difference, it's not such a good move.

Only time will tell.

Bry

Bry

Associate
Just got mine from a competitor for £240. And tbh its great, i got a separate monitor shelf as part of my desk and due to this the colours look fairly bad due to it being a TN panel. This is due to viewing angles and is imho the only bad things about this screen (viewing angles).
I have tried the c panel profile and imho it only made the colours worse, i am quite happy with default colours and surprisingly have no baclight bleed what so ever (at least that i can tell.)

I have just ordered a NeoFlex stand (£20) so i can then adjust height and get around poor viewing angles that way.

So if you view your monitor straight on you will love this screen and if not i do recommend a height adjustable stand as the viewing angles are poor and do let it down as colours get dark very quickly at the vertical angle.

Soldato
Slogan said:
Took the plunge and ordered 2 of these.

Here's to two C Panels! Wahey.

226bwoy7.jpg

A tiny bit of bleed on the top and bottom (ignore the photos, they're not accurate) but I'm really really pleased with them.

Beautiful monitors. I'm glad I overlooked the whole panel who-ha. :)

Associate
Just set my new sammy up that I received today from OC and very pleased after hearing so many horror stories.

No back bleed and only took me 5 mins to set the osm.

Brightness = 60
Contrast = 60
Magicolour = off
Sharpness = 20
RGB = 50 for each

No dead Pixels and haven't got a clue on what panel it is. I suppose it's better that way.

I don't like my screen to vivid so these settings are perfect. I really like the magicolour settings as they are very rich in colour but are to bright for my liking, may use them for gaming.

Very pleased ;)

Soldato
Just plugged mine in and it seems perfect! no dead pixels, a couple of mm of backlight bleed at the top but nothing major.

Havnt tried any tweaking of the menu, it seems brilliant straight out of the box, gonna have a go on bf2 in a min to see what games are like.

No idea what panel it is, but whichever it is, im blown away!

Associate
Seems some have had better luck than me today

Had a thunderstorm which knocked the power off and blew my netgear router. Had to go purple shirt people to get one, rip off prices £79.99 AFTER getting a £10'er discount.

On the panel
I got the plain label version, No S , A , C on back.
The secret OSD menu has also removed the panel information.

I have spent the last 4-5 hours trying to get decent setup, my L90D+ in dual mode has white with shades of grey on my browsers, the samsung greys are all bluish, whatever settings I try :(

Away now for 2 days with work, will have to work out what to do next, seeing as 3 stuck pixels as well.
May try a call to samsung to test the water with them on Friday.

Associate
Strange as an article on behardware suggests that Samsung have said that all new panels hitting retail will be manufactured by Samsung (once the 'A' and 'C' panels have come out of the system).

Associate
hi i got my monitor begging of may v had no troubles until now i turn my monitor on and it comes up Analog and Digital then it goes into standby does any body know whats wrong? thanks

just tryed the monitor in my laptop and it works fine could this be my graphics card?

Last edited:

Bry

Bry

Associate
Im sorry but thats not true, this new batch is not all S panels infact it is more like they are all C panels.

A lot of people are having to use profiles to get good colour quality this is not really needed for S panels. Also, a lot of people are seeing blue as a very dominent colour, this afaik has not effected a single S panel but again only C's

Back
Top Bottom