**** The Official Sony Xperia 1 Thread ****

Soldato
OP
Yeah, "lack of dynamic range" is the best way to describe it. Have the S10e now and it's far better with that and HDR, much happier with the camera.

Also the side fingerprint sensor is far superior on the Samsung, after using it I would describe the one on Sony as average at best. No issues with WiFi dropping or apps syncing so far.

Soldato
I like GSMArena as a review site, but, having read user impressions about this phone, I was rather surprised at the glowing review they gave it. There's no excuse for 'average' battery life on a whopper-sized flagship phone these days. It's just bad.

Associate
I'm genuinely not sure if there's something wrong with mine but it's going back tomorrow, I tried to like this phone.

App syncing issues happens at least 2-3 times a day, on top also have an issue with it dropping my WiFi connection a few times a day. Not something I remember happening on my other android handsets to a point where I notice it daily. As others said WiFi calling and 4G calling are not supported on this with O2, not sure it would affect other carriers when I go SIM only.

Phone also completely locked up on me the other day. All the side buttons worked but when it was unlocked it didn't respond to any of my touches. Notifications we're still coming in and apps running but it just wouldn't register my touches anywhere on the screen. After 20 minutes I just gave up and restarted the phone manually with volume and power buttons.

It's just a lot of little things adding up that didn't affect me on other phones that make me feel positively meh with this phone.

i've also had this crash recently, but i believe it's the new android system.

Kind of tempted to root this phone and unload the useless sony bloatware.

Associate
Anyone know of decent screen protectors, i did have a great flip case but now i just have a popsocket on the back with a magnet pad on that connects to my cars phone holder. Just need to protec the screen

Associate
Anyone know of decent screen protectors, i did have a great flip case but now i just have a popsocket on the back with a magnet pad on that connects to my cars phone holder. Just need to protec the screen

Ive just got a terrapin screen protector from casehut

https://www.casehut.com/collections...sony-xperia-1-tempered-glass-screen-protector

I had tried an olixar one and just found it smudged very easily were as this so far smudges far less and is more clear.

Associate
Soldato
OP
Royal Mail, one of those 24 hour labels but not Special Delivery.

To be fair all deserved, O2 have been a pain from start to finish, even managed to temporarily lose my return, forgot to return phone cost, cut off my number without giving me a PAC which almost lost my number of 10+ years that on two step verification for everything, etc.

Associate
Ouch hopefully the screen protector will hide it.

Has anyone had any further confirmation on the headphones from o2 or carphone?

Well, my phone started randomly failing with its gyroscope and accelerometer, only restarting the phone would get it to work for an unspecified time....so seeing as the phones within 30 days i returned it as faulty for a new replacement :D

Could have been software either sony or android or maybe hardware slow death but now its nice and shiny and working :)

Back
Top Bottom