*** The Official Tekken 7 Thread ***

Soldato
I've just read that Lei will not feature in T7. Massive loss imo!
No Lei Wulong and I'm out, he was the main character I play as, which exacerbates the issue I have with total lack of backwards compatibility/reverence for your own platforms history.
Frankly I'll start considering how to replace all our gaming needs via the PC as I think everything else has become a joke at the exact point that the issue is technically trivial!

Associate
Cant wait for this! Am I the only one who likes using Kazuya as my main lol? Law and Paul too :)

Is the ps4 version up to the standard graphically as the arcade version?

Associate
I've always mained Jin (Jun in Tekken 2), but played a lot of Feng in 5/tag2 also.

Is the ps4 version up to the standard graphically as the arcade version?

Not quite but it's not too far off. Shadows and lighting have been dialled down a bit, maybe some textures too, and it's 900p (1080p on arcade). This is base PS4, not sure about Pro upgrades.

Caporegime
loved tekken when i was younger. was the only fighting game bar UFC and WWF/WWE that i enjoyed playing. oh and street fighter before then.

however since tekken tag (the one with the bowling) i've not enjoyed it. shame, these games just don't appeal as much anymore.

i mained hwoarng (not spelled right) and baek. their kick combos were insane.

i liked lei too for the play dead tactic, then leg sweep and combo.

Associate
Been watching a lot of the tournaments which I believe are held in japan and theres only a handful of fighters that are used and majority are them are female characters.

Game does look outstanding though. Cant wait to get back into Tekken.

Will we ever see tekken v street fighter in the Tekken graphics engine? Or has it been dumped?

Caporegime
Been watching a lot of the tournaments which I believe are held in japan and theres only a handful of fighters that are used and majority are them are female characters.

Game does look outstanding though. Cant wait to get back into Tekken.

Will we ever see tekken v street fighter in the Tekken graphics engine? Or has it been dumped?

it's the same with most games where you have different skills across all playable teams / characters.

in fifa all you would see is real madrid and barcelona for instance. real madrid especially.

in street fighter tournaments you will see the same 2-3 characters always being used.

in UFC if you lost with GSP you may as well stop playing as he was impossible to beat anyone with even a slight bit of skill using him. usually first to pick him had effectively won that fight. so then you avoided that weight class altogether.

Associate
Been watching a lot of the tournaments which I believe are held in japan and there's only a handful of fighters that are used and majority are them are female characters.

Hmm which tournaments? from the those I've been watching for Tekken 7 FR (the latest arcade version), there's quite an even mix between male and female characters and good variety too. Same with recent tournaments I've watched in the US/EU.

As with most fighting games there'll probably be a handful of fighters that are rarely seen, but I expect variety will hold well as the game matures and balance patches are released.

in street fighter tournaments you will see the same 2-3 characters always being used.

Nah, in SFV at least (and even late-SFIV) there's a good variety of characters played at major tournaments.
It's not uncommon to have all top 8 players playing different characters in SFV - there was a major this weekend and there were 7 different characters played in the top 8 for example.

If you consider the top 64, or even top 32 players at a major tournament, you'll probably see just about every character being played if not all.

Last edited:
Soldato
Damn, tempted to buy as I've always loved this game but being totally hooked on Nier and having Horizon and Zelda on hold, I don't think it's a good idea... Too many good games lately.

Soldato
The more I see videos the more I want it but I hated SF x Tekken so not sure if I'll like this

Sf vs tekken will be a world apart from a fully fledged tekken game. The control style was "capcom'd up" for sf vs tk where as this is apparently the classic formula.I like sf a lot dont get me wrong but always loved! Tekken

Soldato
Ok. So. AT LAST it finished updating and decompressing files after 35 mins. Now running great. I'm using ultra settings at 1080p. Vsync, 60fps seems stable rate ( 30 in menus)

Looks incredibly pretty!!! And plays just like you would expect tekken to do so. Happy so far :)

Soldato
Ok. So. AT LAST it finished updating and decompressing files after 35 mins. Now running great. I'm using ultra settings at 1080p. Vsync, 60fps seems stable rate ( 30 in menus)

Looks incredibly pretty!!! And plays just like you would expect tekken to do so. Happy so far :)
I guess you meant that post for pc thread haha :p

Back
Top Bottom