The Official 'The Dark Knight Rises' Spoiler Discussion Thread...

Soldato
As i'm sure a lot of others will agree, not everyone will watch this movie in the first few days of it coming out therefore I think all spoiler related discussion should be limited to this thread. Basically the same deal we did with Prometheus.

So if you've seen it and want to discuss, please use this thread.

Remember even if you use spoiler tags in the other thread, if someone has email subscribed, it fully shows the information inside the tags when they receive the message.

Soldato
I thought the 'better' way to end the film was to leave it on Alfred when he nods at the camera. Although it was obvious who he was acknowledging, would have left that bit of a question mark.
Thought the film was nigh on perfect! Bane's demise deserved a little more I thought.
Catwoman, miles better than I expected! Going in to the movie, I doubted her casting, but Nolan done a fantastic job with her!

Soldato
Really disappointed. The whole thing just left me a bit cold. It would have been far better if they'd left it with Batman actually dying and not hand-held everyone through the whole Joseph GL as Robin schtick. It lacked the character driven style that made TDK so good. Gutting, and probably not one I'll choose to rewatch any time soon.

Soldato
It was a great film and, for me, better than TDK. A few things annoyed me though.

Some of the dialogue was wrong and unnecessary

Bane: So you came back to burn with your city

BM: I came back to stop you
No **** Sherlock.

Bane's whole speech from the steps didn't ring right with me

Marion Cotillard's death scene was stupidly funny. It's like she was told to "die as an 8 year old playing Cowboys and Indians would"
Other than those minor points it was the best film I've seen in a long time.

One thing would have made it better for me and that's
Bruce Wayne having died in the explosion.

<edit> vv he means above me ^^ ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
^^ What are you on about Icebus?
If you liked DK then it would be obvious you would like this movie. The characters go on a much deeper level and more of them. The relationships have more back story and depth. The action is sublime. The look/feel is dark like DK.

Soldato
I thought it was a load of ****. Do we need to use spoiler tags as spoilers are exposed in the thread title.

The whole film was too depressing, nothing really positive, no triumphalism that raised it up. Lots of contrived events, people getting captured way to often.

Batman starts the film crippled, gets wounded too many times, and then in the prison he's somehow fine.

No real stand out, memorable action sequences.

Associate
As a standalone film I liked The Dark Knight slightly more. However, what a way to wrap up the story and trilogy. Highly enjoyed it, it's hard to think of a trilogy other than LOTR that comes close to Nolan's Batman films.

What people think about.........
.......the ending, do you think Joseph Gordon-Levitt will continue as the symbol Batman or become Robin ? Me and my mates couldn't quite agree, some even thought Bruce Wayne would return and we would have both fighting side by side, but I cant see that happening - certainly leaves doors.....

Last edited:
Soldato
^^ What are you on about Icebus?
If you liked DK then it would be obvious you would like this movie. The characters go on a much deeper level and more of them. The relationships have more back story and depth. The action is sublime. The look/feel is dark like DK.

Come on, really? Selina Kyle's backstory would fit on a napkin, and Talia was like a cardboard cut-out that talked.

Soldato
Loved it myself, was always desperate for Nolan to bring Bane onto the screen and he did it excellently.
I think a certain amount of Batman knowledge assists the enjoyment though, I suspected Talia may appear and sniffed her out before the reveal, also, the seminal moment from Knightfall where Bane 'breaks' Batman was something I was always desperate to see.
I can even forgive the Hollywood ending, for Alfred's sake.
My only gripe was that some of the violence was clearly trimmed to ensure a 12A certificate.
Super film though.

Associate
I really enjoyed it, like others I didn't think it was as good as The Dark Knight, but definitely better than Batman Begins. I struggled a lot to make out the words Tom Hardy said.

The whole prison thing where Bruce seemed to just do a few pressups and situps and was fighting fit again was a bit ridic but hey its hollywood I guess.

Last edited:
Associate
Well I thought it was brill and a fitting end to the trilogy.

Hardy was fantastic and I thought Bane was terrifying as a villain, brilliant. A different class of villain to the Joker.

The ending was very weak for me though. It would have been more just to cut it when Alfred either sat down in Italy or even when he broke down at Bruce's grave. Also, was a bit annoyed at how JGL quickly slotted into Batmans' shoes almost. I won't let this ruin the film for me though. Super!

Soldato
That was about 5 months :p

Even then, would they give him enough food for him to bulk up like that. Plus wasnt he still crippled from his previous injuries, no limp or anything. Oh and they just happened to have a doctor that knows whats wrong, its just a displaced vertabrae, easy to fix luckily.

I hated that whole crippled, cant walk then, back broken, then stabbed and blade twisted, then hes fine nonsense. That just returns the story to absurdity.

Soldato
I liked it, but I didn't think it was great. Found Bane at parts a tad hard to understand, but Hardy played him pretty well imo.

The time peroids went over too quickly, Catwoman could have used some back story too. Hated the fact that they decided to give a hint towards Robin at the end and also hint that it could continue. Would have thought that it would have wrapped the trilogy better if it had come together and not leave a semi open ending.

Last edited:
Soldato
I both liked it and hated it - I liked how the trilogy was somewhat believable and pheasable - and then in the 3rd film they just kind of pooped all over that... the whole siege thing I thought was utter turd and just stupid.

I liked the film - but as part of the trilogy I thought it fell on its face

Back
Top Bottom